Johnny Depp Was So Cute...

Lucky

I was at a lesser film festival and he walked in during a break. The place was full. He stared up at the crowd and the crowd stared back. It was crickets. He gave a beleaguered wave, as if "yes, it's me" He and his small entourage proceeded to their seats. He plunked down and stared at his phone. It's a cruel world. I felt for him and wish him the best. Hard to imagine having his kind of money, yet his life seems a bit messy. I hope he finds a brighter future.

I’m always amused by comments like those expressed here. Let’s face it none of us are like a rich red wine that gets better with age including Mr Depp. In my 20’s I would not be contributing to a forum like this (if one existed then!) but hopping around Sydney’s steam baths a few times a week.

Edited by sydneyboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The news from London is so sad. Johnny and Amber were apparently mismatched! Now Hollywood fears the verdict:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jul/19/hollywood-nervously-awaits-fallout-from-explosive-johnny-depp-trial

You may well be right @Lucky. I can assure you (from lockdown in London) that it’s been juicy news for the TV channels and the print media with the daily recital of scandalous incidents. The legal circus must have been very expensive. The judge’s ruling is expected in a few weeks.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some people look better with age...to a point.  Not Johnny Depp.  I do feel somewhat sorry for him however.  No doubt, he made bad choices along the way, but she seems to be willing the say/do anything to take him for all she can get.  IMHO, during this trial, she comes off looking just as bad as him or worse.  

• 2 weeks later...

He may not be as cute as he once was, but he's a few million dollars richer after suing the ex-wife for defamation. She put on an Oscar caliber show, but the jury wasn't fooled.

The verdict  is a victory for men in the MeToo age, where guilt is assumed when a woman makes an accusation. Hopefully that will now recede and actual proof be required.