First Thing You'll Do After Shelter In Place Eases?

GayGamer323
This topic is 1463 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Was supposed to go to Palm Springs in late March with friends to rent a house. Of course that didn't happen. We rescheduled for November, but American Airlines wouldn't let us transfer our initial flight to November. Said we had to rebook within one year of purchase (bastards), so we are supposed to go in mid July now. I am desperately hoping that it happens. But I heard on The View this morning that CA just extended their stay-at-home order until August 1? Would anyone on the forum who happens to live in PS chime in on whether or not that's true? Do you think PS will be open by July 15?

County officials are currently negotiating with the governor on relaxing some of the restrictions, because the economy, especially here in Palm Springs, is really tanking. My dentist is starting to reschedule routine cleaning appointments to early July (they have only taken emergency appointments until now), and unless there is another surge of COVID-19 patients, I think at least some things will be open by July 15. There have been very few new cases here in the city of PS in the last couple of weeks, and no new deaths in three weeks.

I'm not in CA but I think they just extended the power to order stuff closed until Aug 1, that doesn't mean they will use that power. Some restrictions are already being eased in some places in CA. The headlines miss a lot of the details and say shit like "Stay at home until X" and then what the article ACTUALLY says is "the orders COULD last until X."

Can I give the three things I'll do? Sorry I've been cooped up way too long.

1. Meet up with my buddy and fuck.
  2. Do a naked photoshoot. I've been working out like a madman (partly because there's nothing else to do) and I'm pretty happy with what I am seeing so far. By the time the shelter in place order in NYC is eased, I should be ready to face the camera.
  3. Visit my parents in New Jersey. God I miss them.

our business-friendly governor opened up barbers last Friday, restaurants yesterday...

And several restaurants have stated they are not ready to re-open out of safety concerns.

Being in a high-risk group (asthmatics) I'm laying low through the end of May. Maricopa County is still seeing new infections, so I am not yet comfortable with going full-tilt. However, in early June I intend to hire someone and eat at a restaurant.

Mom and I went out for a drive today. We're still in total lockdown here in Michigan. I don't see things being truly safe for months. We did pick up pizza for dinner tonight and it was good. There is political pressure to open things up...that doesn't mean things should be opened up. I see this going on for months. Sorry!!

I have started trying to trim my own hair with scissors. It has not been aesthetically satisfying.

When I went to Aldi today, the barber's shop in the shopping centre was open for the first time in a while, but I need to wash my hair before I go there! (And I could safely wait a bit longer.)

On a separate note, I hadn't been looking for masks, but Aldi had a big stack of them, boxes of 50 for $69.90. I didn't buy any but may go back and see if they're still there.

• 2 weeks later...

Can I give the three things I'll do? Sorry I've been cooped up way too long.

1. Meet up with my buddy and fuck.
  2. Do a naked photoshoot. I've been working out like a madman (partly because there's nothing else to do) and I'm pretty happy with what I am seeing so far. By the time the shelter in place order in NYC is eased, I should be ready to face the camera.
  3. Visit my parents in New Jersey. God I miss them.

If you are planning on combining any of those activities, maybe limit it to #1 and #2 …