taco bell troubles

Smurof
This topic is 1748 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Today everyone got a free taco at that fast food franchise between 2 and 6. I know what a great many are thinking : my trouble was going to a junk food establishment in the first place.

Place #1 had a gigantic line, which was to be expected. It was moving rather quickly, though. Strangely, nobody ever got in line behind me. After 20 minutes and me being the only one left in line to order, the cashier shouts "Going on break!", and leaves. I'm thinking WTF?, but can't be mad. It's free food, after all, and they're entitled to a break. The manager after a couple of minutes of me standing there alone and the place quickly emptying out with 1 taco to go orders asks me if I'm ordering anything, or just there for the free taco. I said I'm there for the free taco and he said the cashier will be right back! She took a 14 bless her heart, and after 20 minutes in line and 14 minutes of her break, ordered my taco which amazingly was already ready for me immediately. Nobody came into the restaurant in that entire 34 minute time frame. Can Taco Bell #2 be worse?

I walk in, and everyone inside waiting for their tacos has created a weird ring around the entire interior of the place, as if someone barked at people to create space for order takers or something. I said I'd like a free taco. The order taker said that'll be $8.23. I said I thought the taco was free. She said it is, but it would come to $8.23. I asked if they weren't participating, because I was only there for the free taco. She said I would need to pay for the combo and only the 1 taco is free. I said I didn't order a combo. She violently pointed at the combo I never ordered, and said "Are you telling me this is not what you just ordered?" I said I told you I only said I wanted a taco if it's free. She said that I had said 3 tacos, so she put in the combo for me to get 2 tacos and the free one. I said cancel the combo. She said so you don't want anything at all? At this point, the hot-headed manager comes over and asks in a gruff way what the problem is. I said that there isn't one, and left.

I need to have an epiphany that free stuff just isn't worth the bother. I should've taken that hint in 2017 when a radio station was on location at a new store with a prize wheel. I waited 2 hours at the store to be first. Concert tickets, movie passes, t-shirts, vacation getaways all up for grabs, and I win a pen. Holy fuck, typing this is clearly explaining why my boyfriend dumped me!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once went to Kohl's on Black Friday several years ago.....got what I wanted and stood in line to pay for about 45 minutes......just wasn't worth it.......never have done a Black Friday again.......I go hiking now that day and think about the idiots who feel obligated to do Black Friday because, gee, isn't it what you're supposed to do??!!

Taco Bell is great!.......

Darn I missed my free taco :(

To the OP, sorry you had two lame experiences.

As a former fast food worker, I can honestly say experiences come down to location and shifts.

If I partake in ordering fast food, I tend to only go to locations during certain days/shifts that I have gotten a good impression from the workers. When I used to work at Jack in the Box, I would have customers complain to me about other workers on other shifts, and was scheduled for weekend graveyard shifts because I was one of the only workers who could handle those conditions. As a customer if you just go to a fast food place out of the blue/spur of the moment more times than not it's going to be mediocre or worse.

Black Friday is definitely overrated...I have done it twice more to hang out with friends than to shop and that made it fun, but I would never do it just for shopping.

Yes, lots of these "free" promotions just aren't worth it. How much does one value one's time? If I am right by an establishment giving away something and the wait is minimal (and I have even a remote interest in taking what they are giving), I'll bite. Otherwise, no thanks -- particularly when there are strings attached such as a two hour window or limited to the first X customers.

I can remember when Taco Bell seemed kinda fun and reasonably priced, but after they started doing the mashup stores with KFC in 1995, things went downhill and I haven't been to one this century. I also don't eat at places that offer 'free' food. That's just nasty. :p

Reminds me of walking through Costco once with the son of a high school buddy. He took samples of EVERY FOOD. We stopped twice on the way home for him to puke, then he was on to toilet for 45 minutes pronouncing absolutions.

What do you expect from minimum hourly wage, not even Costco employees (who are unionized), working on their feet all day? How much training could they have?

Today everyone got a free taco at that fast food franchise between 2 and 6.

Taco Bell is great!.......

Darn I missed my free taco :(

The day I can’t afford to buy a taco and have to wait in line for a free one is the day to pull the plug

I can remember when Taco Bell seemed kinda fun and reasonably priced, but after they started doing the mashup stores with KFC in 1995, things went downhill and I haven't been to one this century. I also don't eat at places that offer 'free' food. That's just nasty. :p

How to get reservations at Taco Bell’s insane Palm Springs resort

Checking in! Reservations will soon be available for the vacation spot of your dreams (or nightmares).

Taco Bell’s “The Bell Hotel and Resort,” a themed attraction where you can get taco-inspired nail art and rest your head on hot sauce packet pillows, will open up reservations at 1 p.m. Thursday, June 27, on the hotel’s website.

The Bell — located in ritzy Palm Springs, Calif. — will open for a limited time. First check-in begins Aug. 8, with final check-out Aug. 12. There is no minimum night stay, according to a company reps.

This fast-food fever dream comes at a price though, and not just on your arteries. Rooms start at $169 per night. Space is limited and rooms will be available to Taco Bell super-fans on a first-come, first-served basis — and only for those 18 and up.

The California-based company drew on the chain’s “vibrant palette” for the hotel’s “flavor-filled” aesthetic, says Taco Bell’s Senior Director of Retail Engagement and Experience, Jennifer Arnoldt in a statement.

“We’re excited to give a peek into Taco Bell’s first hotel that is truly Taco Bell luxury at a value as we evolve how fans can celebrate with the brand this summer and beyond.”

Activities include musical performances, dive-in movies and a “Freeze Lounge,” bar where you can get all the Mountain Dew Baja Blasts your little heart desires.There will of course be plenty of food, enjoyed poolside of course, where you can also float away into a fast food coma on their hot sauce packet pool floats.

the-bell_-a-taco-bell-hotel-resort-pool-view-1.jpg

the-bell-guest-room_-king-sauce-1.jpg

hot-sauce-pool-float-919.jpg

the-bell_-a-taco-bell-hotel-and-resort-door-hanger--e1558019083796.jpg

How to get reservations at Taco Bell’s insane Palm Springs resort

Checking in! Reservations will soon be available for the vacation spot of your dreams (or nightmares).

Taco Bell’s “The Bell Hotel and Resort,” a themed attraction where you can get taco-inspired nail art and rest your head on hot sauce packet pillows, will open up reservations at 1 p.m. Thursday, June 27, on the hotel’s website.

The Bell — located in ritzy Palm Springs, Calif. — will open for a limited time. First check-in begins Aug. 8, with final check-out Aug. 12. There is no minimum night stay, according to a company reps.

This fast-food fever dream comes at a price though, and not just on your arteries. Rooms start at $169 per night. Space is limited and rooms will be available to Taco Bell super-fans on a first-come, first-served basis — and only for those 18 and up.

The California-based company drew on the chain’s “vibrant palette” for the hotel’s “flavor-filled” aesthetic, says Taco Bell’s Senior Director of Retail Engagement and Experience, Jennifer Arnoldt in a statement.

“We’re excited to give a peek into Taco Bell’s first hotel that is truly Taco Bell luxury at a value as we evolve how fans can celebrate with the brand this summer and beyond.”

Activities include musical performances, dive-in movies and a “Freeze Lounge,” bar where you can get all the Mountain Dew Baja Blasts your little heart desires.There will of course be plenty of food, enjoyed poolside of course, where you can also float away into a fast food coma on their hot sauce packet pool floats.

the-bell_-a-taco-bell-hotel-resort-pool-view-1.jpg

the-bell-guest-room_-king-sauce-1.jpg

hot-sauce-pool-float-919.jpg

the-bell_-a-taco-bell-hotel-and-resort-door-hanger--e1558019083796.jpg

What do they put on the pillows at night?

Much like Prince Charles and Food Network’s “Pioneer Woman,” Taco Bell has successfully moved into the popular side-hustle of innkeeping.

Reservations for the 70-plus rooms at Taco Bell’s pop-up hotel officially called “The Bell: A Taco Bell Hotel and Resort,” sold out in only two minutes after becoming available on Thursday, Taco Bell has officially confirmed.

Marisa Thalberg, the Taco Bell global chief brand officer, described it as “one of the best expressions” of Taco Bell “fandom” the company has ever seen, per a statement obtained by USA Today.

“We would like to extend a big ‘thank you’ for those who have come along on this journey with us and even though The

Bell is sold out, we’ll have more to share on exclusive merchandise, food and more in the coming weeks so those unable to score a room can still experience the fun from home,” Thalberg stated.

Taco Bell had originally announced plans for The Bell in May, promising Taco Bell-themed rooms and activities — as well as “Bell’hops and Baja Blasts, fire sauce and sauce packet floaties” — at the site of the temporary Palm Springs location.

“Every element of the property will bring to life the Taco Bell brand and lifestyle — from guest rooms, the pool and outdoor bar, to a twist on the standard hotel amenities (Taco Bell breakfast in bed anyone?)” teased a subsequent press release, issued in June.

Taco Bell had also shared a sneak peek at the inside of The Bell earlier this month, warning that reservations were expected to “full up fast” once booking was made available on Thursday, June 27. The hotel will officially open to guest on Aug. 8 and only for a limited time through Aug. 12.

A message posted to Taco Bell’s website indeed confirms that rooms, which started at $169 per night, are no longer available. But don’t start crying into your chalupas just yet — Taco Bell claims fans can “still be part of the experience from home” by signing up for updates and possible merchandise from the Taco Bell hotel.

In the meantime, maybe the Pioneer Woman still has rooms?

Much like Prince Charles and Food Network’s “Pioneer Woman,” Taco Bell has successfully moved into the popular side-hustle of innkeeping.

Reservations for the 70-plus rooms at Taco Bell’s pop-up hotel officially called “The Bell: A Taco Bell Hotel and Resort,” sold out in only two minutes after becoming available on Thursday, Taco Bell has officially confirmed.

Marisa Thalberg, the Taco Bell global chief brand officer, described it as “one of the best expressions” of Taco Bell “fandom” the company has ever seen, per a statement obtained by USA Today.

“We would like to extend a big ‘thank you’ for those who have come along on this journey with us and even though The

Bell is sold out, we’ll have more to share on exclusive merchandise, food and more in the coming weeks so those unable to score a room can still experience the fun from home,” Thalberg stated.

Taco Bell had originally announced plans for The Bell in May, promising Taco Bell-themed rooms and activities — as well as “Bell’hops and Baja Blasts, fire sauce and sauce packet floaties” — at the site of the temporary Palm Springs location.

“Every element of the property will bring to life the Taco Bell brand and lifestyle — from guest rooms, the pool and outdoor bar, to a twist on the standard hotel amenities (Taco Bell breakfast in bed anyone?)” teased a subsequent press release, issued in June.

Taco Bell had also shared a sneak peek at the inside of The Bell earlier this month, warning that reservations were expected to “full up fast” once booking was made available on Thursday, June 27. The hotel will officially open to guest on Aug. 8 and only for a limited time through Aug. 12.

A message posted to Taco Bell’s website indeed confirms that rooms, which started at $169 per night, are no longer available. But don’t start crying into your chalupas just yet — Taco Bell claims fans can “still be part of the experience from home” by signing up for updates and possible merchandise from the Taco Bell hotel.

In the meantime, maybe the Pioneer Woman still has rooms?

Another sign that the end of times is near. At least the end of Western civilization. First we get the Kardashians as style setters and now this:(:(:(:(

There's a nationwide tortilla shortage at Taco Bell

Stay strong, burrito fans!

Taco Bell fans hoping for a cheesy, bean-filled burrito over the long holiday weekend may be pretty disappointed by the chain's latest announcement.

Due to a supplier issue, Taco Bell is experiencing a shortage of tortillas at many of its locations across the country. The shortage affects several of the fast-food eatery's most popular items including burritos of all types, quesadillas and specialties like the Crunchwrap Supreme.

“While some Taco Bell restaurants are experiencing supplier shortages, we are working diligently to replenish the supply of our tortillas (used for products like quesadillas and burritos) in those restaurants," a representative for the chain said in a statement shared with TODAY Food over email.

While the supplier issue is being resolved, the chain is encouraging Taco Bell lovers "to try any of our other delicious menu items like the Power Menu Bowl or Cheesy Gordita Crunch in the meantime."

Many on Twitter have taken note of the fact that the chain is unable to serve some of their favorites and they are pretty unhappy — to say the least.

The shortage is basically forcing the affected Taco Bell locations to severely limit in-store offerings.

For example, at one location in Huntsville, Alabama, a note was posted outside warning customers that many items ranging from burritos and quesadillas to Quesaritos, XXL Burritos, Chalupas and nacho fry boxes would not be available, WAAY reported.

The spicy outrage has boiled over onto Reddit, too, where one thread started by an anonymous Taco Bell employee decries a "tortillapocalypse." Employees from other locations have chimed in saying that they have never seen anything like it.

Perhaps this is a good time to try some nacho fries and a crunchy taco or two.

Burger King brings back tacos for a limited time with new $1 Crispy Tacos

For a limited time, the home of the Whopper will also serve tacos.

Burger King announced Tuesday that participating restaurants nationwide are introducing a $1 Crispy Taco. Prices will be higher in Alaska and Hawaii.

“We’ve seen success with tacos in our West Coast restaurants and knew it was time to bring this West Coast favorite nationwide,” Chris Finazzo, Burger King's president for North America, said in a statement. “The Crispy Taco adds variety to our snacking items and truly hits the spot.”

According to Burger King, the taco features a “crispy, crunchy tortilla filled with seasoned beef, shredded cheddar cheese and crisp lettuce, all topped with just the right amount of our savory taco sauce.”

In a commercial, The King, Burger King’s mascot, shows off the new tacos in a commercial shot in Austin, Texas.

“This is Burger King, this is not Taco King here,” one person in the commercial says.

Some locations starting selling the tacos before Tuesday's official launch, according to social media reports.

Twitter user @palmqueezy tweeted Monday "@BurgerKing we need to taco bout this... Who let this happen?"

Burger King's Twitter account responded simply: "Corporate."

This is not the first time Burger King has offered tacos nationwide. According to Comicbook.com, the tacos exited most locations nearly a decade ago in 2010.

Burger King also isn't the first burger chain to serve tacos.

Jack in the Box said on its website that tacos have been a permanent menu item since the mid-1950s.

• 2 weeks later...
Today everyone got a free taco...

Place #1 had a gigantic line, which was to be expected... I said I'm there for the free taco and he said the cashier will be right back! She took a 14 bless her heart, and after 20 minutes in line and 14 minutes of her break, ordered my taco which amazingly was already ready for me immediately. Nobody came into the restaurant in that entire 34 minute time frame...

I need to have an epiphany that free stuff just isn't worth the bother. I should've taken that hint in 2017 when a radio station was on location at a new store with a prize wheel. I waited 2 hours at the store to be first. Concert tickets, movie passes, t-shirts, vacation getaways all up for grabs, and I win a pen. Holy fuck, typing this is clearly explaining why my boyfriend dumped me!

The day I can’t afford to buy a taco and have to wait in line for a free one is the day to pull the plug

Yes, lots of these "free" promotions just aren't worth it. How much does one value one's time? If I am right by an establishment giving away something and the wait is minimal (and I have even a remote interest in taking what they are giving), I'll bite. Otherwise, no thanks -- particularly when there are strings attached such as a two hour window or limited to the first X customers.

1735620.jpg

I’m nauseous.

Oooooh My Hypo, I just viewed your rentmen profile pics.... You should post them in the "Hot Chocolate" gallery for the Daddy members to oogle….. Beautiful man, EVERY part of you. (the Leather harness and jock were especially nifty !)

Oooooh My Hypo, I just viewed your rentmen profile pics.... You should post them in the "Hot Chocolate" gallery for the Daddy members to oogle….. Beautiful man, EVERY part of you. (the Leather harness and jock were especially nifty !)

That would be awfully narcissistic of me. But I’m flattered you think I should be included in the gallery. And thank you, per your comments; I appreciate the love :)