Are you a morning person?

samhexum
This topic is 1079 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. When it comes to the day job I prefer morning shifts. That means I'm up at 430am, at work just after 6am, have a bit of breakfast and then clock on at 7am and start getting the store ready for an 8am opening and out at 3pm. On my days off when I dont have anything going on I can easily sleep and lounge till 10 or 11. When I'm on holiday I am up and ready by 8 or 830 for breakfast then out the door to sightsee.

Hugs,

Greg

Never have been a morning person. That's not to say, I can't get up early if needed. Worked all shifts. I once had a job where I had to be there a 05:30 am. Not just show up and have coffee, but boom, in the chair, doing it. It was a 24/7 operation that was different every day. Had that job for a few years. It was brutal, yet exciting, and often, I would get a call at 2 am asking if I could come in early.

Now retired, 10 am is early for me. I've had to set my alarm to meet friends for even a late brunch.

Definitely not . . . Never was and never will be. Early in my career, I had to adhere to an 8:30-9:00 AM start time with an hour commute, always a morning shower person who does not like to leave without his cafe and breakfast, I had to get up earlier than most to do all that b4 leaving the house. As I became more established in my career and into management, I got into coming in a bit later and most of my bosses never gave me a hard time, cause I always stayed later in the evenings and more than made up for my time. Of course, if there was an early morning meeting that I had to attend, there would be no excuse. I never go to bed early. It's just not me. When I'm home on the weekends and don't have any early morning appointments which I try to avoid, I will sleep until 10 or 11 AM with no problem. Then a leisurely breakfast before I start doing things. I need to be left alone until the caffeine takes effect. I'm not retired yet but don't think I'll have a problem when I do.

I have a hard time going to bed early or I crash for a few hours early in the evening and then can't get back to sleep, but I can more easily do tasks like cleaning in the morning and if I've had enough sleep I'm more patient and fresh and am better at things that require concentration in the morning. The later in the day it gets, the less I want to talk to anyone else on the phone because I have less time to address my priorities. And by then I'm usually exhausted.

Also I don't usually sleep late anymore but getting going in the morning is hard for me.

If I don't set an alarm clock, I tend to awake with the sunrise. This makes early morning a breeze for me in the summer - today I was out of bed, a load of laundry in the machine, a cup of coffee started, and re-organizing the linen closest all by 6:30. In winter months, I struggle with much activity before 9:00.

I am a morning person, usually awake between 4-5, out of bed by 5, shake breakfast by 5:30, email read by 6, followed by shower by 6:30, and at work before 7. Internal clock keeps waking me up around the same time on the weekends... Trouble is when I have an overnight and the guy doesn't wake until 9 or 11 (Ha, ha, ha)...

The day, just before sunrise, is simply magical.

I would really like not to be awake so early, but some new medication I'm taking seems to affect both getting to sleep and how long I can sleep. It's decreased my fibromyalgia pain noticeably, so it's worth it, but I still would rather not have such an out of whack sleeping pattern.

I'm in bed by 10:00 because I'm up at 6:00 for work, but I'm definitely not at my best in the morning. When my sister & family stayed with my and my 7-year-old nephew was bouncing around chattering at breakfast, I told him mornings were quiet times at my house. He settled down, and my sister said in amazement "That never works at home!"

I never thought of myself as a morning person. When I was in college and in my twenties I loved to get up late (e.g. noon, 1 pm) on weekends and when I didn't have class/work; I was definitely a night owl. As I got older that changed. Now I usually get up by 6 am and on weekends I am lucky to sleep in past 8:30 am...

Not sure if it's my chemistry or just conditioning and also not sure if I like it but I do find I am more productive early in the AM nowadays...

Edited by Reisr30

My entire adult life I have been an avid morning person. Monday through Friday I'm up at 4:30 a.m. and at the gym working out by 5. On the weekends I may sleep as late as 5:30 or 6:00. The flip side of this is that my level of coherency begins to diminish rapidly from 6 p.m. I'm usually in bed my 9 and if someone calls around that time it would be a miracle if, the next day, I remembered anything we discussed.

Nowadays, I usually wake as soon as there is any light in the sky, because if one wants to get anything done outdoors in Palm Springs in summer, one has to do it before it gets too hot (i.e., before the temperature gets into triple figures). When I was young and wild, however, I often got home from my nighttime adventures about the same time I now get up to start the day.

Absolutely a morning person.

Parts of me rise around 5:30, the rest around 6 am.

LOVE morning sex more than any other time.

Fall asleep to the TV between 7 to 7:30, then wide awake till 9:30 and into bed. Very rarely I will awaken at 12:30 or 1sh, wide awake, take a 15 minute hot shower and back slumbering as soon as my head hits the pillow.