Do You Make Your Bed Every Day?

Avalon
This topic is 2147 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Bed is made Monday thru Friday by housekeeper. Left unmade on weekends unless guests are coming. Still use linen napkins for dinner parties and use ironed sheets.

Regarding linen napkins. When I was a boy I belonged to 4H. One year at the county fair I entered a table setting. Matching table cloth and napkins. Both had a design. I was docked points. I was told that the linen napkins should have been plain with no design.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can hate something that only takes a few minutes almost as much as you can hate something that takes a long time-or at least I can. Plus because of the bed frame and the constricted location, I'm usually hitting my shins on the frame at the very least if not actually gouging them on the sharp protrusions sticking out of the frame.

This bed is of the devil!!:mad:

Gman

Replace it!!

I can't.:(

Gman

Horse puckey!!

Unless you’re institutionalized or otherwise incapacitated you absolutely can replace it. Otherwise you’ve made a perfectly legitimate value judgment on the cost of doing so. But that value judgment limits the legitimacy of your complaint.

While I'm not institutionalized :eek:,it's an irreplaceable feature of the place I'm living currently. I can't change the furniture. :confused:

Gman

What I don't like about making my bed is that it is so difficult to find sheets that are not 100% cotton, which means that they are always wrinkled, and I refuse to iron sheets. I used to be able to buy decent colored sheets that were cotton-polyester blends of various kinds that stayed relatively unwrinkled, but I can't find them any longer. That means that I always have to use some kind of spread over them, and they are getting harder to find--at a reasonable price--as well.

What I don't like about making my bed is that it is so difficult to find sheets that are not 100% cotton, which means that they are always wrinkled, and I refuse to iron sheets. I used to be able to buy decent colored sheets that were cotton-polyester blends of various kinds that stayed relatively unwrinkled, but I can't find them any longer. That means that I always have to use some kind of spread over them, and they are getting harder to find--at a reasonable price--as well.

If you want synthetic blend sheets you have to spend down and look in places like Walmart and kmart.

In Anne Tyler's The Accidental Tourist Macon Leary sews a bed sheet into a pocket shape at home so that he can easily slip in and out of it without remaking the bed, while also reducing his laundry effort. When I first read the book I wondered why this point was included, other than to reinforce his obsession with processes to add convenience and order. Upon further thought and a second reading I wondered if this behavior was supposed to underscore his depression, misery, and withdrawal from society -- a practice that made him appear unobtrusive within his own house by himself, but that would seem ridiculous or even unacceptable if he weren't resigned to living alone. At that point in his story he was existing without disturbing anyone or anything, including his own bed.