The Royal Wedding

foxy
This topic is 2180 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming you aren’t invited, will you be watching Prince Harry and Megan Markle tie the knot on tv? I will. I’m a sucker for this kind of stuff. So dust off your tiaras and pour yourself a gin and tonic and enjoy.

If I were at home I would, but my football team is playing at the time it's on TV here, and I'll be at the game.

The ABC (our public broadcaster) has a program that analyses advertising and each week they invite two advertising agencies to create an ad to sell an unlikely proposition, and the panel votes for their favourite. Tonight's episode invited them to pitch boycotting the royal wedding. This is one of the ads

(the other is more about the role of the monarchy here, but it's in the link below).

Other ads created for this segment of the program are here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/GruenHQ/videos

Really funny. Yeah this marriage does come with some downsides I guess. But f-ing Harry seems worth the price. Plus a good wardrobe allowance and a nice place to live isn’t so bad either. As for the mother-in-law, I bet she can be fun when the cameras aren’t rolling.

The preacher at the wedding will be The Most Reverend Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church in the United States. I heard him preach at an ordination last year. He’s absolutely electrifying. It’s lively black preaching on a solid theological and intellectual base and entertaining too. It will be interesting to see if he will finally be confined to the tight space of a pulpit. He’s known to wander.

The preacher at the wedding will be The Most Reverend Michael Curry, Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church in the United States. I heard him preach at an ordination last year. He’s absolutely electrifying. It’s lively black preaching on a solid theological and intellectual base and entertaining too. It will be interesting to see if he will finally be confined to the tight space of a pulpit. He’s known to wander.

Princess Michael of Kent will have a coronary.

The rumour in the Commonwealth, is that they had a small wedding, with a limited invitation list (but still like 600) partly in order to explain not inviting Mr. Trump. Although our Prime Minister wasn't invited either.

The rumour in the Commonwealth, is that they had a small wedding, with a limited invitation list (but still like 600) partly in order to explain not inviting Mr. Trump. Although our Prime Minister wasn't invited either.

Wait, James Corden got to be invited, but not the star of Celebrity Apprentice: Washington Edition? So unfair!

(Political leaders were not being invited to this wedding, and the Trudeaus were no exception.)

Wait, James Corden got to be invited, but not the star of Celebrity Apprentice: Washington Edition? So unfair!

(Political leaders were not being invited to this wedding, and the Trudeaus were no exception.)

Commonwealth rumour is that all the political leaders got Trumped out

Really funny. Yeah this marriage does come with some downsides I guess. But f-ing Harry seems worth the price. Plus a good wardrobe allowance and a nice place to live isn’t so bad either. As for the mother-in-law, I bet she can be fun when the cameras aren’t rolling.

Marrying into an institution as the monarchy can have its downsides but the perks are much better. Meghan will surely be dealing with snooty British aristocrats but she’s now higher in the ranks. She can make them bow for fun. And to be fucked by Harry day and night? That’s the biggest jackpot of all.

Compared to William and Kate's ceremony in 2011, I thought the wedding today was a dud. I'm truly amazed at how well The Queen and Price Phillip look for their age. Nice to see the crowds rally to support the Crown.

Kipp

If you thought Michael Curry was a dud, please sit down and have someone check your pulse.

Compared to William and Kate's ceremony in 2011, I thought the wedding today was a dud. I'm truly amazed at how well The Queen and Price Phillip look for their age. Nice to see the crowds rally to support the Crown.

Kipp

They were not supporting the Crown they were supporting celebrity.

The royal wedding is not a fairy tale. It is a carefully crafted power display by one of the world’s richest families. Harry and Meghan’s was quite impressive.

An example, her veil was described here as featuring floral designs from across the Commonwealth so in that there was a nod to the Firm's wider role than just in England. Its power is there (and I said England rather than the UK deliberately), but it has, and acknowledges a wider remit.

It was never a fairytale, and Diana's marriage is Exhibit A.

Well, it looked like a fairy tale. Now it is not a royal family, but a tabloid family. In two years one of these royals will be having their toe sucked in the south of france.

I’ve admitted to being a sucker for this sort of thing and frankly I was watching from 4:00am on. So happy the weather was spectacular but I have to say no country does pageantry like the Brits. I can only imagine what went in to pulling this all together. Must have cost a ton of money but I bet it all will pay off in tourist dollars. Considering the bizarre conditions this couple grew up in, they seem almost close to normal. Although I’m no longer sure what normal is anymore. To have a few hours of escape from the usual awful news made me happy.

I did not watch it but I did see a few minutes of the post game shows. What kept me watching for a bit longer than I would have, was David Beckham in his morning suit. I am not usually a fan of his, but on this occasion, I desperately wanted to get him out of the morning suit and into his birthday suit and fuck him for all eternity. http://people.com/royals/royal-wedding-victoria-beckham-david-beckham-arrive/