2019 Palm Springs Weekend!

Oliver
This topic is 1855 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am late to the planning, but found PS Weekend accommodations by reserving at one resort and then switching to another. Looking forward to it.

The low temp forecast tonight in PS is 37F. I trust we'll see 80F or a little higher come April 13th weekend.

We are having a real cold snap in PS, including frost warnings. Yesterday morning it was 29 F. when I woke up, and it only got into the fifties by midday, even with bright sunshine and no wind. I hope this won't last very long, because I can't find my gloves.

Hey E.T.Bass, glad to hear you were able to find a place to stay even if it requires the moving from one resort to another. Believe me when I say it will a lot warmer in Palm Springs in mid April than it is now. We are having a "major" COLD spell here in Southern California right now. The day before yesterday it was 37 when I went to have coffee at 6 a.m. Now I know that sounds like warm winter weather for you cold climate folks BUT here it seldom get that cold and we all act like we are dying.

Hey E.T.Bass, glad to hear you were able to find a place to stay even if it requires the moving from one resort to another. Believe me when I say it will a lot warmer in Palm Springs in mid April than it is now. We are having a "major" COLD spell here in Southern California right now. The day before yesterday it was 37 when I went to have coffee at 6 a.m. Now I know that sounds like warm winter weather for you cold climate folks BUT here it seldom get that cold and we all act like we are dying.

We are having a real cold snap in PS, including frost warnings. Yesterday morning it was 29 F. when I woke up, and it only got into the fifties by midday, even with bright sunshine and no wind. I hope this won't last very long, because I can't find my gloves.

Hi Charlie Hi Epigonos.

I will wait until April to venture out for 6AM coffee. Each resort I reserved serves coffee quite early! :)

I actually live in So Cal although I moved to the West Coast from the bitter cold regions. So I understand all that you said! That said, I am ready for winter to be over, even though it technically just started. Been wearing gloves when I head to work in the AM. Brrrr!

OK all you guys planning on attending the Palm Springs Weekend and even those of you who are seriously considering attending I have a question. My role during these weekends has long been to act as Oliver's "chief bottle washer and cook". That is just fine with me as I greatly enjoy cooking. Last year, prior to the weekend, Latbear4blk requested that I consider preparing empanadas for the Sunday Pool Party. I liked the idea and did so. NOW FINALLY the question. Do any of you have a special request that you might like to have me prepare for our gathering?

OK all you guys planning on attending the Palm Springs Weekend and even those of you who are seriously considering attending I have a question. My role during these weekends has long been to act as Oliver's "chief bottle washer and cook". That is just fine with me as I greatly enjoy cooking. Last year, prior to the weekend, Latbear4blk requested that I consider preparing empanadas for the Sunday Pool Party. I liked the idea and did so. NOW FINALLY the question. Do any of you have a special request that you might like to have me prepare for our gathering?

the incredible amount of food you prepare each year is much appreciated by all.....thanks for all your time and work.....the empanadas you made last year were great......looking forward to anything you decide to make this time......

giphy.gif

we all look forward to what you decide on......

giphy.gif

Edited by azdr0710

If anyone is considering staying at Canyon Club for the weekend, I still have my room booked (that I will not be using). Please PM me if interested. I'd like to have it all taken care of by the end of Jan.

I also have an extra roomed book should there be a need. But now that Ace will not be at Canyon Club the draw is going to be down. Of course, where one has a room and where one stays for the night in Palm Springs are only tangentially connected.

the incredible amount of food you prepare each year is much appreciated by all.....thanks for all your time and work.....the empanadas you made last year were great......looking forward to anything you decide to make this time......

we all look forward to what you decide on......

There's no way I could say it any better than azdr did so I'll just say ditto.

Ok, I give up. What the hell is Palm Springs Weekend?

There are a couple of threads (maybe more) that give a pretty good synopsis of the Weekend. Most of the posts are short but give a good idea of what the Weekend is about. So I would do a search about the Weekend and read what happens there. You can see what you want to do and what happens there. Also, they will tell you a little bit about the various places to stay and the restaurants, etc. Particularly they synopsize the three main events that take place that you may be interested in. You still have plenty of time to get it together although the resort/hotels may be a little crowded. I have read in a couple of the posts that a couple of the guys have rooms reserved they may not be using so you can always get in contact with them.

I also have an extra roomed book should there be a need. But now that Ace will not be at Canyon Club the draw is going to be down. Of course, where one has a room and where one stays for the night in Palm Springs are only tangentially connected.

Aw....listen to you! I'll only be going home to sleep (unless invited otherwise!). See you soon.

I just booked my stay at CC 4/12-14. I only wanted 2 or 3 nights at InnDulge, but since it’s Coachella time, they had a 4 night minimum. See you all then!

Looking forward to seeing you again, but I warn you, I'm gonna be playing mother hen this year making sure you don't get too much sun. :cool:

Looking forward to seeing you again, but I warn you, I'm gonna be playing mother hen this year making sure you don't get too much sun. :cool:

I made a post awhile ago concerning my reaction. It appears I have developed an alcohol intolerance to certain types of alcohol. Beer and wine = safe.

I just booked my stay at CC 4/12-14. I only wanted 2 or 3 nights at InnDulge, but since it’s Coachella time, they had a 4 night minimum. See you all then!

Have you ever stayed at CC? I stayed there last month for a long weekend. Never again. Friendly staff but the room was a dump. The shower/tub in the bathroom was essentially unusable.

Have you ever stayed at CC? I stayed there last month for a long weekend. Never again. Friendly staff but the room was a dump. The shower/tub in the bathroom was essentially unusable.

yes, Victor has stayed there before - as have many of the forum members......the Four Seasons it definitely ain't, but it has a casual clothing-optional vibe, good location near downtown, and free coffee in the morning!!.......many forum members will stay there for the forum weekend.......

yes, Victor has stayed there before - as have many of the forum members......the Four Seasons it definitely ain't, but it has a casual clothing-optional vibe, good location near downtown, and free coffee in the morning!!.......many forum members will stay there for the forum weekend.......

Perhaps but for the same cost you could get a decent room somewhere else and visit cc with a day pass. Free coffee won't make up for a less than mediocre room. (Come on, seriously? It was $150 a night!)

We've been staying there for a few years, and it's definitely on the decline, unfortunately. They're not keeping the place up like they should, and it shows, not just in the rooms but pretty much everywhere. The jets on one side of the hot tub haven't been working for at least a year. Frankly, the only reason we still stay there is because it's so cheap. We were supposed to stay there last weekend, for New Year's, but we got a call from one of the staff on Christmas morning that he was cancelling our reservation, and refunding our deposit. There was extensive damage in the room we had booked, that wouldn't be fixed in time, and he said they didn't have another room to put us in. That certainly hasn't endeared the place to us. :(

Rob