Roseanne reboot...

This topic is 2046 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... not to mention the number of hard working cast and crew persons who are now out of a job....

That should be a lesson - if you can't say something nice about a person don't say anything at all.

I'm too old - women using such vulgar language. Shameful!

Let us suppose Trump made a public statement as blatantly racist as Roseanne Barr's recent Twitter comment on Valerie Jarrett was.

He's come quite close to doing so on numerous occasions and most of us would not be shocked were he to do so now or in the near future. In that scenario, it's quite possible that he would not be "fired" as she has been, given the composition of Congress. The United States of America has been institutionally and structurally racist and sexist since its founding, but we are now in a moment when the system, as such, seems dysfunctional in unprecedented ways, partly because its ideology in the modern era involves some of its leaders employing implicit, rather than explicit, racism. Trump and Trumpism have fractured that consensus, seemingly without consequence as far as the political system is concerned.

Welp, this was bound to happen eventually... Ro had gone off the deep end lately, completely embracing rightwing extremists on Twitter, etc.

I just wish liberals & corporate media were as outraged by the genocide taking place in Yemen right now, & by the disastrous effects of Hillary's interventionist foreign policy decisions, as they are by a racist tweet from someone in need of mental help. Thousands of people of color are actually dying over in those countries, Valerie Jarret is doing fine collecting millions these days.

These are such stupid statements of false equivalence. If you're going to take this position, what are you doing posting comments on a social media TV discussion forum when the situation is still so bad in Rwanda? Obviously you only care about how liberals behave on social media, because people can only care about one thing at a time...

Rough going for anyone depending on income from the old show's residuals.

'Roseanne' Reruns Pulled From Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT After Racist Tweet

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/paramount-network-tv-land-cmt-pull-roseanne-reruns-schedules-racist-tweet-1115518

That's interesting. There is a free over-the-air network called LAFF-TV that is owned and/or operated by Disney. They play only product with a Disney (and subsidiary) connection, and they play the old ROSEANNE Show (ABC) relentlessly. Minimally two hours a day, but probably a lot more. If they drop that show, I'd be impressed.

Could they make the show without Roseanne? Call it "The Conners"?

Remember "The Hogan Family"? Valerie Harper left the show and it continued without her. And on "Eight Is Enough" the actress playing the mother died in real life and the role was not recast; the show went on.

Could they make the show without Roseanne? Call it "The Conners"?

Remember "The Hogan Family"? Valerie Harper left the show and it continued without her. And on "Eight Is Enough" the actress playing the mother died in real life and the role was not recast; the show went on.

While Diana Hyland's role was not recast "Eight is Enough" pretty quickly brought in Betty Buckley as a new love interest / mom. Maybe Mama June could step in as a character who cozies up to Dan Conner.

rs_1024x759-171206074313-1024.mama-june-wetv.ch.120617.jpg

Well, Roseanne's character WAS worried about dying during the knee operation she was going to have...

Good point! Why must the other actors and the crew have to suffer because of her? It would make a good point by her character being terminated instead of the show.

Girl hasn't stopped tweeting after saying she was leaving twitter early in the day lol, very amusing to see just how defiant & unhinged she really is...

I'm still not sure how I feel about all of this... I am NOT ok with them pulling the original show's re-runs off the air, why punish us, the viewers, for her racist tweet & the overreaction to it?????? She had said a bunch of racist, zionist, & anti-semetic things for years, & all of the sudden, the hammer came down on her today?????? This clearly wasn't just about racism, it was about her going after Chelsea Clinton & Valerie Jarret, two people close to the Clintons & the Obamas.

Heard her referred to as anti-Semitic on talk news today, yet she's Jewish, although she was always sort of a train wreck, so guess it's possible.

She was pro-Palentine for years, called Jews Nazis... then switched to being pro-Israel, began to call Palestinians Nazis. Similarly, she was extreme left for a long time, then went extreme right all of the sudden. No one knows exactly why, but it's clear to anyone paying attention, that she's mentally unbalanced.

… She had said a bunch of racist, Zionist, & anti-Semitic things for years

Which is what makes it disgusting that a lot of people let the prospect of Big Money lure them into a willingness to work with her.

But I guess ABC et al. hoped against hope that (a.) she'd Shut The Fuck Up, or that (b.) they'd all learn to turn a Blind Eye (a Deaf Ear?) to her the same way you did …

… Whatever Roseanne Barr says when she's off her meds on Twitter has very little effect on me in terms of how I view the show itself … There are more important things in life than worrying about what crazy celebrities say on Twitter.

She had said a bunch of racist, Zionist, & anti-Semitic things for years, & all of the sudden, the hammer came down on her today??????

There is a phrase for this. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. You may have heard it?

Also, I can't remember who made this observation, but one of the articles about the Roseanne cancellation noted that her show-killing tweet was beneath even her usual low standard.

This clearly wasn't just about racism, it was about her going after Chelsea Clinton & Valerie Jarret, two people close to the Clintons & the Obamas.

Now there's a theory worthy of Roseanne herself. Congratulations.

Girl hasn't stopped tweeting after saying she was leaving twitter early in the day lol, very amusing to see just how defiant & unhinged she really is...

I'm still not sure how I feel about all of this... I am NOT ok with them pulling the original show's re-runs off the air, why punish us, the viewers, for her racist tweet & the overreaction to it?????? She had said a bunch of racist, zionist, & anti-semetic things for years, & all of the sudden, the hammer came down on her today?????? This clearly wasn't just about racism, it was about her going after Chelsea Clinton & Valerie Jarret, two people close to the Clintons & the Obamas.

Cosby Show reruns were pulled off the air as well. Besides, you and most other responsible viewers aren't watching TV because you're too busy marching to save Yemen.

Are you sure that this wasn't triggered because she mentioned Soros, the CEO of the deep state? (sarcasm)

Or maybe it's that we're only recently moving toward an era of heightened awareness of racism, brought on by our racist president.