Roseanne reboot...

This topic is 2036 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On promos I've see it looks like the show may get political in this next episode. Roseanne confronts her Muslim neighbors.

Sounds like she's going to be getting even more political next season...

i like to do TV episodes about REAL ISSUES & REAL PEOPLE. That's what I do. Next season will be even more current events-I will challenge every sacred cow in USA.

#YouGoGirl

I haven't watched in several weeks, will try to catch up online one of these weekends.

I do agree that the acting is shit compared to the original run. Goodman & Metcalf have appeared in critically acclaimed films since then, probably just feeling uninspired being back on TV again. Hopefully, they'll all turn up the acting level for season 2 now that they know the show is a hit with the audience.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like she's going to be getting even more political next season...

i like to do TV episodes about REAL ISSUES & REAL PEOPLE. That's what I do. Next season will be even more current events-I will challenge every sacred cow in USA.

#YouGoGirl

I haven't watched in several weeks, will try to catch up online one of these weekends.

I do agree that the acting is shit compared to the original run. Goodman & Metcalf have appeared in critically acclaimed films since then, probably just feeling uninspired being back on TV again. Hopefully, they'll all turn up the acting level for season 2 now that they know the show is a hit with the audience.

I think "REAL" should be put in quotes. I also doubt the sincerity of a statement such as "I will challenge every sacred cow in USA." It likely translates to "I will create controversy for controversy's sake, and for the attention it brings me."

Snarky question:

Does Roseanne Barr genuinely have bad dental work, or are those horrible false teeth one of the makeup elements for the character's poor-white-trash image?

I didn't notice her teeth but in a previous post in this thread there is a picture of her on the Bill Maher show and her teeth looked okay.

The season finale is tonight.

Also-- I'm curious: In the original series, Johnny Galecki's first appearance was as Mark's younger brother Kevin. Two episodes later he made his first appearance as Mark's younger brother David. Did anyone ever read an explanation for why David's identical twin brother was never mentioned again?

Snarky question:

Does Roseanne Barr genuinely have bad dental work, or are those horrible false teeth one of the makeup elements for the character's poor-white-trash image?

Forget the teeth. What about Roseanne’s hair? That chic cut with highlights is not the look of a woman whose family is circling the economic drain. Maintaining the ‘do could pay for a week’s worth of groceries.

Forget the teeth. What about Roseanne’s hair? That chic cut with highlights is not the look of a woman whose family is circling the economic drain. Maintaining the ‘do could pay for a week’s worth of groceries.

True. Unless they give a HUGE discount to former employees at the place she worked at for awhile in season 2.

BTW:

From IMDb.

Johnny Galecki was first introduced as “Kevin Healy”, but immediately became “David” from his second appearance on. The reason for this was that Johnny was appearing on another show at the time with the character name of “David”, which is what Roseanne Barr wanted to call him. Broadcasting rules at the time prevented an actor from appearing on two different, non-related shows using the same name (unless it was their real/stage name). By the time Johnny made his second appearance on the show, his other job had ended, and they were free to call his character “David Healy”, as originally intended.

Roseanne later makes an in-joke in reference to this situation, when she is arguing with Dan and says, “David’s not even his real name! Darlene made it up!”

I remember her making that joke at the time and I didn’t get it. Now I know.

Regarding the recent episode - I'd think that Darlene a single, unemployed mother that at least her children would qualify for Medicaid.

And Obamacare isn't gone yet. If Roseanne is on food stamps as mentioned, she should have coverage.

Also pain medication and statins are dirt cheap for that matter. Even if they were paying full retail they could swing it.

tRump calls Roseanne the next day to congratulate her.

Takes 12 days to call widow of Sgt. La David T. Johnson, killed in the Niger.

Then proceeded to insult her afterwards.

Republican priorities.

Kudos to everyone who contacted ABC! Voices matter. Votes matter.

045ee98aa855c80d2bfb71b75d10de4347c6a9da78e61c8484f7f1b35757626a.gif?w=600&h=315

Edited by Oaktown

The "Muslim Brotherhood" part of the tweet wasn't any better. What a disgusting animal roseanne has become (or always has been).

Yes, very disgusting. But black people have been referred to as apes to make them seem like sub-human animals. Mud people and other terms to make them seem sub-human with less intelligence etc.

Forget derogatory, that is what they used to justify slavery. In this day and age for someone to use that term-is just disgusting. How did she manage to hide it for so long?

Not to say Muslim brotherhood is any less disgusting, but the ape and blacks has a very painful history.

The one adjective I would not have assigned to Rosanne until now is "stupid." How she could have not known that the vile, putrid, lies, racism, and foul-mouthed personal attacks polluting the media by her "lord and savior" are shielded by the protections of his office, which are not available to civilians.

Yes, very disgusting. But black people have been referred to as apes to make them seem like sub-human animals. Mud people and other terms to make them seem sub-human with less intelligence etc.

Forget derogatory, that is what they used to justify slavery. In this day and age for someone to use that term-is just disgusting. How did she manage to hide it for so long?

Not to say Muslim brotherhood is any less disgusting, but the ape and blacks has a very painful history.

Oh, I totally agree. Just that it's even more dismaying that she threw the Muslim comment in there as well. The "apes" comment wasn't enough for her already????:rolleyes: