Thought of the Day

jjkrkwood

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

“Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.” – Steven Wright

"There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex--they should draw the line at goats." ~ Elton John

4 hours ago, Km411 said:

"There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex--they should draw the line at goats." ~ Elton John

I love Elton John.  Naturally.  I've seen him in concert twice.  I also would prefer if famous people who waited until later in life to come out would mention, occasionally, that they (opportunistically AND understandably) waited to come out until they were bullet proof.  

I thought of this recently when I saw Nyad.  All those years of JF becoming, understandably, upset with people probing into her personal life, and now she's out and it doesn't matter at all.  She couldn't have come out long ago and also become an Oscar winner, BUT she could have helped a lot of people by coming out earlier and sacrificing the Oscar and a few million dollars.  But there is the argument that that doesn't make it her, or his, or any closeted person's, responsibility.  It's and interesting thing.

Sorry, back to topic now.

“Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free.”

14th Dalai Lama

What do people do with all the extra time they save by writing ‘k’ instead of ‘ok’? Unknown

• 2 weeks later...

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

“I don’t care if Monday’s blue, Tuesday’s gray and Wednesday too. Thursday I don’t care about you. It’s Friday I’m in love.” – The Cure

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.

Mark Twain