an overall suggestion : no more novels!

Smurof
This topic is 2358 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I love this board, and have been posting going on 1 year. For those with lots and lots to say, make your key points and limit them to no more than a paragraph. Otherwise, your content is primarily ignored.

Mostly political rants are guilty of this, but we're for the most part here to interact with others about things that don't require too much to reply about, and certainly not looking at something "War & Peace"-esque.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly political rants are guilty of this, but we're for the most part here to interact with others about things that don't require too much to reply about, and certainly not looking at something "War & Peace"-esque.

Agree. But, "War and Peace" is not a difficult read despite the length.

I love this board, and have been posting going on 1 year. For those with lots and lots to say, make your key points and limit them to no more than a paragraph. Otherwise, your content is primarily ignored.

Good luck with that.

Advice that Im sure was well intended. Good advice from my perspective as a reader. Certainly advice that would benefit me as a poster.

But the likelihood of inhibiting any behaviors on social media is nil.

You might as well go on Facebook and advocate for common sense, telling members to please read things before they share, or fact-check news items.

I do agree some people write long post out of habit, not nrcessity.

Whose necessity? Lengthy explanations, often believed necessary for complicated subjects and justified by an author's desire to be thorough, are often driven by a writer's need to be heard and understood.

Listen to me. Please listen to me. You've got to listen to me!

Whose necessity? Lengthy explanations, initially interpreted as necessary for complicated subjects and justified by an author's desire to be thorough, are often driven by a writer's need to be heard and understood.

Listen to me. Please listen to me. You've got to listen to me!

One listen to me made your point. The other two were vanity posts.

But many of us have a respectable attention span. No need to write for Trump.