Do You Collect Anything?

Avalon
This topic is 2375 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have many collections which I am in the process of downsizing, as they have overgrown their welcome. I have a huge collection of 1950's Lady Head vases from the 50's. I also have a huge collection of Vintage figural cookie jars... And then there is my collection of Erte art deco Bronze statues. Also carnival art glass tulip vases. And lastly, when my partner passed, I kept HIS collection of vintage Gilner pixie and elf figurines....

I love ALL the stuff, and its pretty and interesting to look at, BUT I can no longer CLEAN everything, and although alot of it is in cabinets and behind glass, it still gets dirty, and I wont allow the cleaning people to touch it.

I was in the Navy and assigned to submarines. I have a large collection of submarine plaques.

I also have a fairly large collection of 78 rpm records dating back to the early 1900's (my grandfathers collection).

My last collection is guns and rifles. At last count I had 17 guns and 3 rifles. The rifle collection includes my grandfathers WW I rifle and another from WW II.

Oh shit!!!!! Where do I start?

1. Southwest Native American Arts & Crafts: Hopi Katsina Dolls, Navajo folk art, belt buckles, bracelets, and turquoise rings, Zuni turquoise cluster jewelry and carved fetishes.

2. First edition books written by Brits who lived through and survived the Indian Mutiny of 1856, 57.

3. Hard carved Santa Clauses which I use to decorate my home during the holidays.

4. An entire room of shelves of recently current and current hardback nonfiction book. Generally biography, history, art history, and political science.

Edited by Epigonos

I collect three things though I only actively buy two of them. The ones I actively seek and purchase are decks of playing cards (virtually every type from vintage to modern) and game worn hockey sweaters of current and former members of the NY Islanders. I also collect Playbills but only the ones from shows I've seen so I don't really consider that purchasing them.

I also have a large collection of Intellivision games and two consoles but they are from when I was a kid. I should start seeking out boxes and inserts to complete them.

Speaking of dust the father on "American Housewife" was raised without television. In the recent episode his parents were coming for Thanksgiving so he threw dust on the tv set so his parents would think the family doesn't watch it. ;-)))