Do You Shop At IKEA?

Avalon
This topic is 2177 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love IKEA. I bought there almost everything I have. When I bought my condo I had to purchase everything, from furniture to plates, I had zero belongings other than towels and sheets as I was renting a room during my first two years here. I rented a truck, went to IKEA, and filled it with furniture, curtains, carpets, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, everything.

I bought all that stuff 15 years ago and everything is still functional, even my poor overtired coach.

It is true, the quality is not the best, but I like cheap things I can dirt and break and easily replace when I get tired of it. I am not interested in investing a bunch of money on stuff I will be afraid to scratch or stain.

I love IKEA. I bought there almost everything I have. When I bought my condo I had to purchase everything, from furniture to plates, I had zero belongings other than towels and sheets as I was renting a room during my first two years here. I rented a truck, went to IKEA, and filled it with furniture, curtains, carpets, kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff, everything.

I bought all that stuff 15 years ago and everything is still functional, even my poor overtired coach.

It is true, the quality is not the best, but I like cheap things I can dirt and break and easily replace when I get tired of it. I am not interested in investing a bunch of money on stuff I will be afraid to scratch or stain.

Dont get me wrong, I like the look of IKEA things, but being an OLDER lady, I like "stability"... Most of my IKEA starter stuff fell apart (could be MY assembly skills suck?)

What exactly is he coaching you to do that he is so overtired? Maybe you should give him a break. Or is it a woman? And why the hell haven't you mastered the process in 15 years?

I like cheap things

We've heard.

http://indiemusic.co/files/2013/02/00-Cheap-Women-CVR-FINAL.jpg

Edited by samhexum

I have a rental unit. I bought the cabinets for the kitchen at IKEA. Otherwise, I would never shop there. Too much rubbing elbows with the masses.

I've had good luck buying household items on the in the Internet. Just recently, we bought a wool rug from West Elm.

I recently bought a leather sofa online! One of my bravest/biggest online purchases.

Biggest except Except for the Honda Prelude I bought from on online auto dealer on COMPUSERVE,MS-DOS interface. Long ago, I guess I’m an early adopter.

I recently bought a leather sofa online! One of my bravest/biggest online purchases.

Biggest except Except for the Honda Prelude I bought from on online auto dealer on COMPUSERVE,MS-DOS interface. Long ago, I guess I’m an early adopter.

The compuserve days seem positively ancient.

As I mentioned in ALL the other posts regarding the illustrious retailer, I go there only for the Meatballs....

I almost expressed surprise that you don't go there for the hot dogs, but they really aren't big enough to bother with.

Back on topic, I bought a wool rug there once from the "as-is" room and the ticket said it was there because it was already assembled. Apparently, on the sales floor they sell you yarn and a loom.

More recently, I've bought storage boxes, a plug-in pendant lamp, two desktops, and batteries. Having to assemble the FLGNHROG sofa or the KORHGDONG chair is just not my thing.

I almost expressed surprise that you don't go there for the hot dogs, but they really aren't big enough to bother with.

Back on topic, I bought a wool rug there once from the "as-is" room and the ticket said it was there because it was already assembled. Apparently, on the sales floor they sell you yarn and a loom.

More recently, I've bought storage boxes, a plug-in pendant lamp, two desktops, and batteries. Having to assemble the FLGNHROG sofa or the KORHGDONG chair is just not my thing.

Hot dogs are SWEDISH ? Who knew ? :confused: Cum to think of it, I never had a Swedish Hot dog that I know of ...