This topic is 2901 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you reset your life if you had the chance?

13315406_735768623232536_2281467452972754926_n.jpg?oh=34263a07402151308d6a9ef832b2c52f&oe=57D43D05

If it means giving up the flogging and nipple clamps HELL NO!

Heck I know what I have going now, there's no guarantee that the reset situation would be better... It's not worth taking the chance!

How many people (like me) think they'd screw it up just as badly a second or third time around?

Gman

There's no such thing as perfection in life, and that means anyone's life. Heaven knows I have messed up quite a bit, but where the journey has taken me has not exactly been to a bad place. In theory this "adventure" that called life certainly could have transported me to a better place, or possibly even a worse place. As @WmClarke mentioned for a "do over" of ones life it would be nice to rely on your "memories" and "accumulated wisdom". Unfortunately that wisdom comes from a lifetime of experience. Furthermore, as the saying goes, "Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted." Life is a series of choices and some of us either through acquired knowledge (or the lack there of) , or luck (be it of the good or bad variety) make better choices than others. That would be better choices, but never perfect choices. So I'm taking what I have and will try to work with that as best that I can until the "adventure" comes to an end.

Maybe parts of it. I don't know. I was happily married for more than half of the marriage and I got great kids out of it so I can't regret that. At the same time, I wish I had the freedom that I have now with the body that I had then. I'm working on the latter part but I don't know how much muscle memory will bless me :)

Overall, I guess not. I have a great career and awesome kids.

A younger version of myself would have jumped at the chance for a do over. But now in my middle fifties I would say no way. I'm pleased where this journey has taken me in this life thus far. Was it easy? Of course not. Did I get all the things my younger self wanted in my life? Turns out some of those things may not have been to my benefit when reflecting back upon those desires. I am the sum of my experiences both for the good and the bad. I'm a stronger man today at nearly 54 than in my 20's, 30's, and even my 40s. There's nothing holding me back from an an even better decade in my sixties and beyond. Come what may, for good or ill, life has given me the experience and strength of character to live to the fullest and enjoy being alive.

But now in my middle fifties I would say no way. I'm pleased where this journey has taken me in this life thus far. Was it easy? Of course not.

I agree. I've been close to being down and out, and I've prospered. I've loved, and lost. I wouldn't trade in one minute of it.

Archived