Game of Thrones

MFLV
This topic is 1835 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-game-of-thrones-happy-happy-dance-Peter-Dinklage-GIF.gif

Los Angeles (AFP) - Fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" made television history at the 68th Emmys on Sunday, becoming the most decorated fictional show since the awards began nearly seven decades ago.

The HBO series picked up 12 Emmys this season: nine awards in technical categories and three top prizes at the glitzy ceremony in downtown Los Angeles -- television's equivalent of the Oscars.

The blood-spattered, sex-filled saga about noble families vying for control of the Iron Throne took home the most coveted prize of the night, the best drama Emmy, along with statuettes for writing and directing.

That gives it a total haul over the years of 38 -- more than any other narrative series since the first Television Academy prize-giving in 1949, overtaking the haul of 37 won by long-running comedy "Frasier."

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/08/GIF-game-of-thrones-happy-happy-dance-Peter-Dinklage-GIF.gif

Los Angeles (AFP) - Fantasy epic "Game of Thrones" made television history at the 68th Emmys on Sunday, becoming the most decorated fictional show since the awards began nearly seven decades ago.

The HBO series picked up 12 Emmys this season: nine awards in technical categories and three top prizes at the glitzy ceremony in downtown Los Angeles -- television's equivalent of the Oscars.

The blood-spattered, sex-filled saga about noble families vying for control of the Iron Throne took home the most coveted prize of the night, the best drama Emmy, along with statuettes for writing and directing.

That gives it a total haul over the years of 38 -- more than any other narrative series since the first Television Academy prize-giving in 1949, overtaking the haul of 37 won by long-running comedy "Frasier."

And it was a pleasure seeing the cast onstage

I have the hots for Ramsey Bolton. But so do his dogs.

And Ivan Rheon looked HOT and cute when the cast was went up accepting their best series Emmy.

I'm one of those people who can't get into Game of Thrones. But I thought you all would appreciate a cute text exchange with a friend a while back when I wasn't familiar with the "GoT" acronym:

Me: Plans later?

Friend: GoT party with friends

Me: Was the capital T intentional? :eek:

Friend: Game of Thrones – capitalized for dorky reasons, not meth head ones.

Me: OMG! That’s adorable, and quite a relief!

Misfits Ivan Rheon? He looks like he would fit right in, or I would. He initially read for Jon Snow, but I am glad he got the Ramsey role. I doubt anyone else would have engendered the hate he did.

Though Ramsey is gone, Gendry is reportedly back in the show, so the beefcake quota has not really slipped.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/227431849904839361/

http://ebmordecai.tumblr.com/post/23124342111/i-want-to

• 10 months later...
No comments on the current Season 7?

No Screen caps of Grey Worm's hot butt?

Olenna's *excellent* "death bed" confession to Jamie??

There is another thread floating around that you must have missed.

Olenna had already admitted to Margaery that she had poisoned Joffrey, but it was one last jab. It is also some vindication for Jamie's love for his brother. (There is still that killing of their father thing, but I think Jamie can get over that.)

So far each episode has had some great moments. And yes, one of themwas Grey Worm's extremely nice ass!

Dianna Rigg was excellent as usual as she slugged back the poison and then let Jaimie know she was responsible for his son's death. Jaimie did not even try to deny he was Joffrey's father as there was no point in trying to convince Lady Martel that he was not. Was sad to see Bran had become so unemotional and detached. His reunion with his sister should have been a triumph but instead it was one sided. I suppose when you know everything, as the Three Eyed Raven does, emotions have to be controlled, so that makes sense. What does not makes sense is his inability to explain cogently to his sister what it is that the Three Eye Raven does. I mean how tough is it to say that he has the power to see the past and future in small pieces but is gradually learning how to make those snippets last longer and connect to make sense. I know he is capable of doing more, but that simple explanation should have been enough to get Sansa to realize the extent of his power. Anyone else notice how many times characters have said the simple sentence Hello Sansa.

I subscribe to the theory that Bran is the Night King or somehow connected to him.

The series has departed from Martin's version of the creation of the Night King. In the series, the Children of the Forest created the Night King by accident. Bran sees all this on one of his wargs. He sees a man tied to a tree stabbed in the heart by Leaf. Bran asks who was she trying to protect her people from, she replies "From you." Bran wakes from his warg lying in the same position with fist clenched in the same manner as the man who was killed.

In the book Martin hints that the Night's King may be Brandon Stark the Builder. The man who built the wall may possibly be the one to destroy it.

Dianna Rigg was excellent as usual as she slugged back the poison and then let Jaimie know she was responsible for his son's death. Jaimie did not even try to deny he was Joffrey's father as there was no point in trying to convince Lady Martel that he was not. Was sad to see Bran had become so unemotional and detached. His reunion with his sister should have been a triumph but instead it was one sided. I suppose when you know everything, as the Three Eyed Raven does, emotions have to be controlled, so that makes sense. What does not makes sense is his inability to explain cogently to his sister what it is that the Three Eye Raven does. I mean how tough is it to say that he has the power to see the past and future in small pieces but is gradually learning how to make those snippets last longer and connect to make sense. I know he is capable of doing more, but that simple explanation should have been enough to get Sansa to realize the extent of his power. Anyone else notice how many times characters have said the simple sentence Hello Sansa.
Edited by ArVaGuy

I subscribe to the theory that Bran is the Night King or somehow connected to him.

The series has departed from Martin's version of the creation of the Night King. In the series, the Children of the Forest created the Night King by accident. Bran sees all this on one of his wargs. He sees a man tied to a tree stabbed in the heart by Leaf. Bran asks who was she trying to protect her people from, she replies "From you." Bran wakes from his warg lying in the same position with fist clenched in the same manner as the man who was killed.

In the book Martin hints that the Night's King may be Brandon Stark the Builder. The man who built the wall may possibly be the one to destroy it.

I stopped reading the books after number five. I was frustrated that George R.R. Martin took so long to come out with a new book in the series even before the HBO blockbuster started. So I figured it would the years for the next one!

Now it's an interesting conundrum. Does he pick up the book series and incorporate his contributions to the HBO series? Does he take it in a different direction? Or is the book series just over?

I stopped reading the books after number five.

Didn't we all stop at the fifth?

• A Game of Thrones (1996)
  • A Clash of Kings (1998)
  • A Storm of Swords (2000)
  • A Feast for Crows (2005)
  • A Dance with Dragons (2011)
  • The Winds of Winter (forthcoming)
  • A Dream of Spring (forthcoming)

I stopped reading the books after number five.

Didn't we all stop at the fifth?

• A Game of Thrones (1996)
  • A Clash of Kings (1998)
  • A Storm of Swords (2000)
  • A Feast for Crows (2005)
  • A Dance with Dragons (2011)
  • The Winds of Winter (forthcoming)
  • A Dream of Spring (forthcoming)

I've read all the books and will finish the series if Martin ever finishes the damn story. I speculate that Martin may have a significantly different ending in mind for the books compared to the series. It is rumored he told the producers which character "wins" the Iron Throne years ago. I think he's more than comfortable changing up the ending especially if the HBO version is not well received by the fan base.

There's likely to be a significant drop in book sales if the HBO series ends and he hasn't released the next book. Interest is going to wain among readers who are not diehard fans.

Martin may drop dead before he finishes the story anyway. The man is not exactly in good health from what I've read.

I stopped reading the books after number five. I was frustrated that George R.R. Martin took so long to come out with a new book in the series even before the HBO blockbuster started. So I figured it would the years for the next one!

Now it's an interesting conundrum. Does he pick up the book series and incorporate his contributions to the HBO series? Does he take it in a different direction? Or is the book series just over?

I've read all the books and will finish the series if Martin ever finishes the damn story. I speculate that Martin may have a significantly different ending in mind for the books compared to the series. It is rumored he told the producers which character "wins" the Iron Throne years ago. I think he's more than comfortable changing up the ending especially if the HBO version is not well received by the fan base.

There's likely to be a significant drop in book sales if the HBO series ends and he hasn't released the next book. Interest is going to wain among readers who are not diehard fans.

Martin may drop dead before he finishes the story anyway. The man is not exactly in good health from what I've read.