Game of Thrones

MFLV
This topic is 1821 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, last night was the best GoT episode EVER, @WmClarke !

[spoiler=If you haven't seen episode 6- battle of the bastards, STOP NOW]

I believe animals won the episode last night: loved the dragon action, and even more so, the hungry hound action! They probably spent millions in all the cgi effects.

Agree, one of the best!

I was blown away by last nights episode and will be watching it again tonight. What could they possibly do in the last episode to set up next season? White Walkers anyone? Rickon we hardly knew ye. No one suggests that Melisandre raise him from the dead or at least try to do so? After all, he is the true and rightful Lord of Winterfell.

Rickon we hardly knew ye. No one suggests that Melisandre raise him from the dead or at least try to do so? After all, he is the true and rightful Lord of Winterfell.

Good point. (Well, Bran is, but those attending don't know that he's alive.) It seems resurrection is reserved for those with major story lines.

Kevin Slater

I was blown away by last nights episode and will be watching it again tonight. What could they possibly do in the last episode to set up next season? White Walkers anyone? Rickon we hardly knew ye. No one suggests that Melisandre raise him from the dead or at least try to do so? After all, he is the true and rightful Lord of Winterfell.

The trial of Cersei and Loras will probably have major repercussions--especially that Cersei cannot use Trial by Combat to escape judgment.

Hate it about Rickon. Was hoping that Ramsay was pulling a Theon and using a peasant boy for target practice and that they would find the real Rickon hiding at Winfterfell. Not that Jon or Sansa would know the difference. He was a little boy when he and Bran left. Interesting to me that no one has questioned that if Rickon is alive that Bran might be also..... Thought at first that Sansa was going to let Jon's direwolf at Ramsay, but even more fitting that his own hounds got to do the deed. What he gets for starving them ..... and for raping Sansa, murdering his own father and well, what he did to Theon etc...etc.

Anyone get why Sansa didn't mention that Littlefinger and the forces from the Vale were coming? Could have waited 20 minutes and not lost all those Wildlings?

As for the finale, it's called The Winds of Winter, so sounds like White Walkers and the Night King to me. But the previews did show Cersei and her trial and Walder Frey toasting the Lannisters. Maybe Lady Stoneheart will finally intercept Brienne? That was a big cliff hanger in Book 5.

Hate it about Rickon. Was hoping that Ramsay was pulling a Theon and using a peasant boy for target practice and that they would find the real Rickon hiding at Winfterfell. Not that Jon or Sansa would know the difference. He was a little boy when he and Bran left. Interesting to me that no one has questioned that if Rickon is alive that Bran might be also..... Thought at first that Sansa was going to let Jon's direwolf at Ramsay, but even more fitting that his own hounds got to do the deed. What he gets for starving them ..... and for raping Sansa, murdering his own father and well, what he did to Theon etc...etc.

Anyone get why Sansa didn't mention that Littlefinger and the forces from the Vale were coming? Could have waited 20 minutes and not lost all those Wildlings?

As for the finale, it's called The Winds of Winter, so sounds like White Walkers and the Night King to me. But the previews did show Cersei and her trial and Walder Frey toasting the Lannisters. Maybe Lady Stoneheart will finally intercept Brienne? That was a big cliff hanger in Book 5.

I did enjoy Ramsay's demise...he was just so nasty.

Rickon's return brought a hopeful smile to my face when it happened, alas - I'm not surprised by his death. I'm a romantic for the Stark's house dynasty. Fingers crossed, we're back in Winterfell!

Did she know they were coming?

We don't know. Speculation is that she may have had to make a huge sacrifice to have them join the battle. Others say she was withholding on purpose - that seems odd to me.

As for Lady Stone Heart, @Okliehomo, I think that would explain why the brotherhood of banners has shown up again in the TV series and why Jamie, Brienne and squire are in the Riverlands. Freys need to pay for the red wedding

We don't know. Speculation is that she may have had to make a huge sacrifice to have them join the battle. Others say she was withholding on purpose - that seems odd to me.

Odd unless she is taking Littlefingers warning to heart when he said "Your brother has an army." It's hard to believe that Sansa has become so conniving, but she's been through hell. I thought it was very telling when she said "No one can protect anyone." I think she may be taking matters into her own hands. You go gurl!!

Ladystoneheart was brought back to life as that persona by the Brotherhood of Banners Priest but he died doing it. It would be a big variation is she appears here, as she is either already alive, she has been dead a long long time, or they allow that Priest to live for some reason.

Rickon is older than Bran is he not? So he would have been the rightful heir and now Bran is. Of course, he is riding around north of the wall at the moment. Theron told Sansa both her brother were alive, that he did not kill them but two peasants. However, it would seem unlikely that a paraplegic could survive all the turmoil, so his siblings are probably assuming he is dead.

There is kind of a break in the continuity. Sansa rides off. Ramsey then says he has not fed his dogs for a week. Later, she quotes him as having said he had not fed his dogs for a week. She would not know that directly. One could postulate that she was told this or overheard someone quoting him, but it seemed a bit of a break.

There is kind of a break in the continuity. Sansa rides off. Ramsey then says he has not fed his dogs for a week. Later, she quotes him as having said he had not fed his dogs for a week. She would not know that directly. One could postulate that she was told this or overheard someone quoting him, but it seemed a bit of a break.

Suspension of belief ;):p