Game of Thrones

MFLV
This topic is 1820 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Spoiler: Don't read this if you haven't seen Ep 2.

Well, it was Mellisandre in the cabin with a spell of hair and blood, after all.... Seriously, thought for a moment they were going the Targareyan through the fire route..

And Roose Bolton, Balon Greyjoy, Walda Frey and baby Bolton... now the stage is truly set for a war for the North with the wildlings through the Wall, Theon headed to meet his uncle, Euron and Sansa and Brienne headed to Castle Black. Cool to see Bran go back in time in his mind and see Lianna Stark.... which I still say will lead to JS's real paternity.

Spoiler:

Compelling episode. Hate it when animals get killed in this show. I will say this much, the stories are moving along at a nice pace, except for Arya's story, which seems to be dragging along. The play reenacting her father's beheading was interesting though. Speaking of dragging along, but do you really see Bran being dragged very far by that young girl? I do not expect the white walkers to get him and so I am expecting him to pull an heretofore unmentioned power out of his bag of tricks.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler:

Compelling episode. Hate it when animals get killed in this show. I will say this much, the stories are moving along at a nice pace, except for Arya's story, which seems to be dragging along. The play reenacting her father's beheading was interesting though. Speaking of dragging along, but do you really see Bran being dragged very far by that young girl? I do not expect the white walkers to get him and so I am expecting him to pull an heretofore unmentioned power out of his bag of tricks.

Spoiler:

No, I do not see that girl dragging Bron very far.

And poor Hodor. :(

Another possibility is the reappearance of his Uncle Benjin, who has been missing for five seasons now, but has not yet been killed off- at least not definitively.

That would explain why he, Bemjin, was sent out north of the wall and only his horse returned. Bran needs to be saved somehow or that whole storyline is pointless without any real solutions except to explain how Hodor (RIP) got his name.

Compelling episode. Hate it when animals get killed in this show.

Which wolves are left? My mind is fuzzy on the issue....

Sansa's got killed by Prince Joffrey.

Rob's got killed at the Red Wedding.

Riccon's got killed right before or after he was turned over to Ramsey Bolton.

Bron's just got killed.

Is Arya's wolf the one with Jon Snow? Or were there six wolves? Did Jon's wolf die when he was murdered?

So many wolves.....

Which wolves are left? My mind is fuzzy on the issue....

Sansa's got killed by Prince Joffrey.

Rob's got killed at the Red Wedding.

Riccon's got killed right before or after he was turned over to Ramsey Bolton.

Bron's just got killed.

Is Arya's wolf the one with Jon Snow? Or were there six wolves? Did Jon's wolf die when he was murdered?

So many wolves.....

OK, found the answer on a GoT wiki. There were six. Two are left.

(Still wiping my tears away from losing Summer). Stop the unnecessary sacrifice of cool looking direwolves!

http://cache.desktopnexus.com/thumbseg/1126/1126354-bigthumbnail.jpg

PS - I'll miss Hodor too. :(

+1 losing Hodor...was really sad, moving couple minutes. :(

Nymeria (Arya's wolf) is a bit more active in the books, Arya is having dreams of her, and saw her in the distance once while travelling - can't remember if she was with the Hound at that point or not (SO much detail to remember in the books).

A friend was so afraid that Ghost died when Jon Snow came back to life, that Ghost had sacrificed himself for Jon. He was very relieved the next week.

I think that the two remaining wolves signify who (of the Starks) will play the most important part in the end game and it looks like that will be Jon and Arya.... Of course, I still think that Jon is going to be revealed to be both a Stark and a Targareyan, the product of the rape of Lianna Stark by Rhaegar Targareyan. Pretty sure it was her screams that Bran heard from that tower. Presumably dying in child birth....and her brother, Ned finds her in a "bed of blood".

Really looking forward to Theon and his sister showing up with their stolen fleet to help Jon and Sansa defeat Ramsay Bolton. But probably a bad omen for Rickon that they killed his wolf??? Would be very fitting if Theon got to be the one that rescued Rickon but that is probably way too much of a happy ending for GoT.

Anyone else think that maybe the guy that those ice elves turned into the Night King could be Benjin Stark?

Also, how long do you all think it will take those Iron Island folks to build a thousand ships? I bet George R R will have book 6 finished before they can even can cut that many trees down....

Very interested to see if the Lannisters can rescue Margery and oust the High Sparrow. Hope they don't forget about about sexy Lorus in the dungeon.

Alas, poor Hodor.

I think that the two remaining wolves signify who (of the Starks) will play the most important part in the end game and it looks like that will be Jon and Arya.... Of course, I still think that Jon is going to be revealed to be both a Stark and a Targareyan, the product of the rape of Lianna Stark by Rhaegar Targareyan. Pretty sure it was her screams that Bran heard from that tower. Presumably dying in child birth....and her brother, Ned finds her in a "bed of blood".

Really looking forward to Theon and his sister showing up with their stolen fleet to help Jon and Sansa defeat Ramsay Bolton. But probably a bad omen for Rickon that they killed his wolf??? Would be very fitting if Theon got to be the one that rescued Rickon but that is probably way too much of a happy ending for GoT.

Anyone else think that maybe the guy that those ice elves turned into the Night King could be Benjin Stark?

Also, how long do you all think it will take those Iron Island folks to build a thousand ships? I bet George R R will have book 6 finished before they can even can cut that many trees down....

Very interested to see if the Lannisters can rescue Margery and oust the High Sparrow. Hope they don't forget about about sexy Lorus in the dungeon.

Alas, poor Hodor.

I must say, I considered that the Night King could be Benjin, but the Night King has been around for a centuries and Benjin Stark has been seen in the present. Of course, White Walkers can be destroyed and perhaps they need a new king every millennium or so, so perhaps Benjin snuck right in there. This whole concept of the past existing at the same time of the future, what with Hodor hearing Hold the Door from the future while the seizure fried his Broca area in his brain, leads on to think that if it is possible to communicate through time, it may be able to travel through time.

As far as the wolves go, Sansa's wolf was the first to die and if anything, she is becoming more prominent not less prominent. Granted Rob's wolf died at the time of his death and Rickon's wolf, if that was really the head of Rickon's wolf, died at the time of his capture. Arya's wolf is wandering the lands. I do anticipate a melancholy reunion with Arya and her wolf. Although we saw Summer, Bran's wolf, jump into the white walkers, it may be that white walkers do not kill animals, after all the Night King rides a horse.

Ok, kinda funny:

http://static1.techinsider.io/image/5744668852bcd05c658c493e-1200-950/cjomxacwuaath_g.jpg

Lol! What a Hysterical visual! :D

By the way, is anybody else shipping Jon Snow and the Mother of Dragons some time in the future? They would make a cute couple.

i'm not sure shaggydog is really dead. the head that smalljon umber brought ramsay looked too small to be a dire wolf. i actually don't even think house umber will really turn out to be allied with the boltons. i suspect it's a plot. smalljon refused to bend the knee, which is a huge deal. the umbers are fiercely loyal to the starks, as are all the other houses in the north, with one exception. the only house with a real reason to side with ramsay are the karstarks, and they have (and lord karstark is into young boys, apparently).

rickon's dire wolf may be alive and well at the last hearth. lord umber is just trying to create an illusion. i hope!!

Edited by rocksinurhead

Isn't the Mother of Dragons Jon's aunt? She's the youngest sister of Rhaegar Targareyan, and Jon is (supposedly) Rhaegar and Lyanna's son.

yes, it may wind up that deanerys is jon's aunt. it's also possible that she is actually rhaegar & lyanna's child, in which case she is not related to jon, who would the probably turn out to be ned's bastard by asharra dayne (the sister of the knight ned killed at the tower of joy).

• 4 weeks later...