Game of Thrones

MFLV
This topic is 1835 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts as to who the Night King actually was when he was alive? I have heard it theorized that he is a Targareyan... maybe Aegan the Conqueror or even Rhaegar... and that the war will be resolved with Jon on Rhaegar/dragon and the Night King on Visareyan/dragon. I know they should a scene with the Children of the Forest plunging dragon's glass into a man that became the Night King but have never identified the man.

Sad to see Thorus of Myr go (no clue on that spelling?) ... Guess this means that we really won't see Lady Stoneheart. Dang it.

Not sure where we are headed with Arya and Lady Stark. You would think that if your brother was the 3 Eyed Raven he might be able to clue you into Littlefinger's machinations.

Any thoughts as to who the Night King actually was when he was alive? I have heard it theorized that he is a Targareyan... maybe Aegan the Conqueror or even Rhaegar... and that the war will be resolved with Jon on Rhaegar/dragon and the Night King on Visareyan/dragon. I know they should a scene with the Children of the Forest plunging dragon's glass into a man that became the Night King but have never identified the man.

Sad to see Thorus of Myr go (no clue on that spelling?) ... Guess this means that we really won't see Lady Stoneheart. Dang it.

Not sure where we are headed with Arya and Lady Stark. You would think that if your brother was the 3 Eyed Raven he might be able to clue you into Littlefinger's machinations.

Several theories speculate that Brandon Stark is the Night King. He could be trapped in this body due to a past warg and has been warging his way through time trying to find a way to kill the Night King. The Children of the Forest created the Night King by accident. Bran witnessed this as the Three Eyed Raven.

The Children of the Forest created the Night King by accident. Bran witnessed this as the Three Eyed Raven.

The question is though was he just some random guy or someone would be an even bigger part of the plot? Personally I think random. I thought humans were fighting the Children of the Forest long before the five kingdoms were conquered.

I can't believe we're already at the season finale next week. Boooooo.

Heard that the finale is the longest episode ever., like 78 minutes and it's titled "The Dragon and the Wolf" which implies Tagareyan and Stark which has all the kids I work with speculating that it's the true back story of Rhaegar and Lyanna.... like maybe Bran has a full vision and shares it with Jon? No matter how it ends, it's going to be a long wait until it airs again... possibly 2019. Lord.

Medieval food jokes are coming.

Fast food purveyor of “all the meats,” Arby’s, will be serving one pound turkey legs – for a limited time – beginning on Sunday. The new item will be added to the chain’s beef-heavy menu just in time for the “Game of Thrones” season finale.

Although Arby’s does not have an official partnership with the HBO show, that didn’t stop them from hinting at the correlation.

“Turkey is coming,” a release from the restaurant reads. “Arby’s is getting medieval with its latest menu offering…available at Arby’s restaurants in nine regions throughout our kingdom.”

Those locations are Fargo, “a frigid land in the north,” Seattle, Norfolk, “a land of ships…forged from iron,” Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Denver, Omaha, Atlanta and Los Angeles, “known for its bountiful…gold.”

The meaty legs, “fit for a king or queen,” are seasoned with salt and brown sugar, smoked and slow roasted.

Turkeys were probably not available to the Westerosian lords and ladies of “Thrones,” since the birds are native to North America. But they sound a lot more appetizing than eating a pie full of your children.

turkey24f-3-web.jpg

turkey24f-2-web.jpg

What was your favorite moment from last night's season finale?

Mine was the bait and switch with Littlefinger. I couldn't imagine the Starks turning on one another, but they had me going there for a while. It was such sweet relief when Sansa said, "How do you answer these charges...Lord Baelish?"

Edited by MikeyGMin

Mine was the bait and switch with Littlefinger. I couldn't imagine the Starks turning on one another, but they had me going there for a while. It was such sweet relief when Sansa said, "How do you plead...Lord Baelish?"

It would have broken my heart, like nothing else this show has so far, if Arya and Sansa had turned on each other. So that was my favorite as well.

Edited by LoveNDino

Mine was the bait and switch with Littlefinger. I couldn't imagine the Starks turning on one another, but they had me going there for a while. It was such sweet relief when Sansa said, "How do you answer these charges...Lord Baelish?"

Yes! I was so happy when that happened. I could not believe they fell for Littlefinger's manipulations, so the twist was quite welcome.

The way Arya slit Littlefinger's throat was awesome. That scene definitely made up for the weakly scripted confrontation between the Greyjoys.

A couple of random thoughts...

First, overall, I liked the finale. Happy that Littlefinger got fingered for all his crimes and I agree, it had me going for a bit, but wondered why Bran would be there if Sansa was really turning on Arya because he never would. But very relieved when she said Lord Balish. Loved Jon's conversation with Theon where he reassured him that he didn't have to choose, that he could be both... foreshadowing Jon's own future dilemma. Also, thought they did a great job when the captured White Walker jumped out of the box and lunged at Cersei. I jumped as well. Also, was more than a little nervous when Jaime walked out on Cersei. I was no where near as confident as he was that she wouldn't kill him....

But here is a easy prediction..... Danerys will be pregnant by Jon/Aegan.

And here is how I would like to see Ceresi's story end. A friend predicts that Jaime arrives at Winterfell and sometime after the war with the White Walkers, Arya kills him and steals his face which she then uses to get close enough to Cersei to exact her revenge. In my version, all that happens except at the last minute Arya decides to let her live. Why you ask... well, because as we know Cersei is pregnant. She will give birth to a boy, to replace Joffrey and Tommen and insure that the Lannister name goes on.... but the boy, her pride and joy, her hope for her future and her last chance at a family will be born.... yep.... a dwarf. Just like the brother she despises and has punished all his life. So Arya lets her live, knowing that a long life with this constant reminder of all she has lost will be far worse than any death and she is banished to Casterley Rock to live out her days with only her progeny for company. Not that I personally have anything against dwarfs.

One final quibble... in the episode before the finale, any find it odd that the White Walkers just happened to have miles and miles and miles of chain with them? I mean, enough enormous chains to pull a huge fucking dead dragon up from the bottom of a lake? I mean, they walk everywhere. Not like it was in someone's pocket. And in that vein, they don't even swim.... so how did they hook it to the dragon at the bottom of aforementioned lake in the first place?

One final quibble... in the episode before the finale, any find it odd that the White Walkers just happened to have miles and miles and miles of chain with them? I mean, enough enormous chains to pull a huge fucking dead dragon up from the bottom of a lake? I mean, they walk everywhere. Not like it was in someone's pocket. And in that vein, they don't even swim.... so how did they hook it to the dragon at the bottom of aforementioned lake in the first place?

They don't neee to breathe. Some of them just walked across the lake bottom or dropped in at the dragon's death site to attach the chains.

so how did they hook it to the dragon at the bottom of aforementioned lake in the first place?

Yes, that immediately crossed my mind, but then I reminded myself that I was watching a story about dragons, giants and White Walkers. :)

Still, I think it would have been more "believable" if the Night King had just used some kind of magic to levitate the dragon.

Still, I think it would have been more "believable" if the Night King had just used some kind of magic to levitate the dragon.

Oh, I would have hated that. I can't stand when heretofore unknown powers just appear in a narrative. Makes you wonder what else the writers will just pull out of their asses, and makes it hard to care about the show because at any moment some new tool will just be introduced.

Kevin Slater

One final quibble... in the episode before the finale, any find it odd that the White Walkers just happened to have miles and miles and miles of chain with them? I mean, enough enormous chains to pull a huge fucking dead dragon up from the bottom of a lake? I mean, they walk everywhere. Not like it was in someone's pocket.

We laughed about the appearance of the chain as well, wondering if the Night King sent a couple of runners in a box truck to the nearest Home Depot.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No Spoilers please.

---------------------------------------------------

Is anyone watching?

Any guesses on what's coming from the sky next week. Guesses only. Don't impress us with your spoilers if you already know or read what is scripted. I expect it won't be one dragon. My guess Daenerys Targaryen had cards up her sleeve no one knew about.

" I was born to rule the Seven Kingdoms, and I will."

Also, do we think that Tyrion will end up killing Cersei Lannister. I do.