Game of Thrones

MFLV
This topic is 1835 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m watching....like late last season I feel like they’re on a rush to “wrap things up”. I’ve no real theories on what’s going to happen but I’m enjoying watching it unfold.

SNL’s cold open Saturday was pretty funny, my favorite line during “Family Feud” satire was Keenan Thompson on last week’s GOT:

“I gotta be honest, I didn’t see the last episode. I watched it, but I couldn’t see it. You know it’s dark when you can’t even see the white people,”

Arya needs to complete her list.

I think Arya will advance her list killing the Mountain after the Mountain kills the Hound. I do not think Arya will kill Cersei. I think Jamie will kill her to save Tyrion. I also think Danearys will be killed by Varys and John Snow will go back to the North, leaving Gendry Baratheon as the new occupant of the Iron Throne.

I think Arya will advance her list killing the Mountain after the Mountain kills the Hound. I do not think Arya will kill Cersei. I think Jamie will kill her to save Tyrion. I also think Danearys will be killed by Varys and John Snow will go back to the North, leaving Gendry Baratheon as the new occupant of the Iron Throne.

Wow, this take on where it will end up is very interesting...

I dont know how it will end. I like all the hypotheses.

Watching GOT and a recent news show segment (60 minutes? ) stating George RR Martin failed to meet several publishing deadlines, he himself acknowledges the show outpaced his books, and he's no longer writing the storyline -- I cant help seeing everything through the filter of the books.

I find myself wondering about the books and the disconnects from the series. I read the books long before the TV series was announced, and as TV caught up and passed the books' storyline. Will Martin ever finish the series? Catelyn Stark was resurrected in the books as the series ran out of author's-steam. (Some interpreted her reappearance after the Red Wedding as becoming a White Walker; I didn't) Wouldn't it be fascinating if she reappears on the series? Rickon Stark is also alive in the latest book, although I dont expect him to be a factor in the series.

There are seven major kingdoms/family-alliances in Westeros of the books. Dorne, in particular, has been reduced to a much lesser role on TV... Perhaps a Dornish character will return to play a part in another twist. I expect a Euron and Asha Greyjoy confrontation. I'm glad that Gendry finally reappeared. Fantasy authors and TV editors like shock twists, and killing off main characters is a new TV norm.... so I expect something out of left field to happen. Perhaps a missing Direwolf will be a factor. I wonder what happens to Bran... Does he morph into next King of North?

I share the feeling of a rushed tying of loose ends as the series winds down. But its still good TV.

Apparently they're setting up another mad Targaryen ruler. Who, of course, will be killed.

The end of Qyburn was the best moment.

A good portion of the episode seemed self-indulgent in use of effects and drawn out portrayal of violence. Repetitive. Kinda boring, and a waste of time considering its a six-episode season.

Didn't think it was obvious last week, but now seems much more likely Jon becomes King.

Spoiler from this episode: Yes Dany seems to have gone over the edge, shocking Tyrein and Jon by burning the place to the ground rather than accepting the surrender. She is her father's daughter it seems and now she will have to be killed, Little Margaret who reported that she has not eaten to Varys might do her in with some poison in the food. That would be a nice murder from the grave. So it seems only Sansa and Varys had enough insight to see that she was no better than the other tyrants. Not sure Jamie and Cersei are dead. The prophesy was that a younger brother would choke Cersei to death and that went unmet if they are crushed. The matter of whether or not she was pregnant also remains unresolved. So do not count them out yet.

Tyrein has lost all insight it seems and Dany should execute him for releasing Jamie. Dany might also go after Sansa as she sees Sansa as a threat. That might be what incites her death.

I agree, the battle scene was unnecessarily long and repetitive. We get it, buildings are burning and people are burning, getting crushed and getting stabbed. The point did not have to be made again and again considering the other unresolved issues.

As the preview was very short, I am hoping that the last episodes is not just Dany and Jon and the remnants of the Red Keep.

Arya riding off on a white horse probably plays into the mythology but the only connection I see is that Dany was given a white horse by Khal Draga as a wedding gift and so it may have harkened back to show Arya still has her principles intact while Dany has lost hers,

Spoiler from this episode: Yes Dany seems to have gone over the edge, shocking Tyrein and Jon by burning the place to the ground rather than accepting the surrender. She is her father's daughter it seems and now she will have to be killed, Little Margaret who reported that she has not eaten to Varys might do her in with some poison in the food. That would be a nice murder from the grave. So it seems only Sansa and Varys had enough insight to see that she was no better than the other tyrants. Not sure Jamie and Cersei are dead. The prophesy was that a younger brother would choke Cersei to death and that went unmet if they are crushed. The matter of whether or not she was pregnant also remains unresolved. So do not count them out yet.

Tyrein has lost all insight it seems and Dany should execute him for releasing Jamie. Dany might also go after Sansa as she sees Sansa as a threat. That might be what incites her death.

I agree, the battle scene was unnecessarily long and repetitive. We get it, buildings are burning and people are burning, getting crushed and getting stabbed. The point did not have to be made again and again considering the other unresolved issues.

As the preview was very short, I am hoping that the last episodes is not just Dany and Jon and the remnants of the Red Keep.

Arya riding off on a white horse probably plays into the mythology but the only connection I see is that Dany was given a white horse by Khal Draga as a wedding gift and so it may have harkened back to show Arya still has her principles intact while Dany has lost hers,

Good read, interesting thoughts, but I am pretty certain that Cersei and Jamie are dead as they only have 1 episode left to tie up everything!

PS If Ser Pounce wasn't killed by Cersei before... I bet that Drogon finished him off in that attack.

Season 8 has been mostly disappointing. These last 6 episodes could have easily been 10 with more attention to character development and less focus on pyrotechnics. It's not where we got with characters and story, but rather how and the execution of these ideas is very much one of the worst in TV history. For having all the money and time in the world to wrap up a show that had some of the highest ratings ever, and a great critical acclaim too, this is all a second grade bullshit. It will definitely go down in history as a monumental fuck up.

Edited by manTOman

There probably aren't records of such things. But, what must be the biggest TV-prompted waste of time ever:

'Game of Thrones' fans sign petition for season 8 remake

Last Updated On 16 May,2019 06:20 pm

Over 250,000 fans signed a petition against the story-line

(Web Desk) – The most anticipated season of the HBO series ‘Game of Thrones’ has come under the fury of disappointed fans, who have started a petition for a rewrite of the entire season 8.

Disappointed with the storyline, fans have raised their voice against the story-line, screenplay and the rushed episodes moving towards a crummy ending.

Over 250,000 fans signed a petition against the storyline and the signatures are still pouring in.

According to CNBC, an online petition started on Thursday, went from 15000 signatures to 250,000 in less than 24 hours and reached 304,940 signatures at 6:30 a.m. ET.

There probably aren't records of such things. But, what must be the biggest TV-prompted waste of time ever:

'Game of Thrones' fans sign petition for season 8 remake

Last Updated On 16 May,2019 06:20 pm

Over 250,000 fans signed a petition against the story-line

(Web Desk) – The most anticipated season of the HBO series ‘Game of Thrones’ has come under the fury of disappointed fans, who have started a petition for a rewrite of the entire season 8.

Disappointed with the storyline, fans have raised their voice against the story-line, screenplay and the rushed episodes moving towards a crummy ending.

Over 250,000 fans signed a petition against the storyline and the signatures are still pouring in.

According to CNBC, an online petition started on Thursday, went from 15000 signatures to 250,000 in less than 24 hours and reached 304,940 signatures at 6:30 a.m. ET.

It's been growing rapidly and it currently sits at just under 700K signatures.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-remake-game-of-thrones-season-8-with-competent-writers

Of course there won't be a redo but I'm glad the fans are speaking out. It's bad to the point where you wonder who approved this? I hope it makes it past a million.

Given the setup of the first five episodes, I suppose the conclusion was appropriate.

At least the acting, the dialog, the pacing of the finale was ok.

And yet, I wonder... will George RR Martin ever finish the series?

Will someone try to produce Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time for the screen?

That was a train wreck none of us saw coming.

The entire season eight was so devoid of any and every quality that "Game of Thrones" has become known for. It's as if some imposters who've never done a show took reign and literarily burned it to the ground. It's just very puzzling that it could be this off.

Given the setup of the first five episodes, I suppose the conclusion was appropriate.

At least the acting, the dialog, the pacing of the finale was ok.

And yet, I wonder... will George RR Martin ever finish the series?

Will someone try to produce Robert Jordan's Wheel Of Time for the screen?

The only acting that moved me was the dragon. He showed real emotion in mourning the loss of his mother, Everyone else was stoic and pontificating and generally forgettable The best supporting actor goes to ghost who gave his few seconds of screen time pathos. His performance was understated and not wooden. Wish I could say the same of the human actors.

What happened to this show after the diversion from the books was unforgivable.

Mr. Martin should have suspended writing for the books and wrote for the show the last two seasons.

i did like Brianne updating Wiki-thronia for Jamie.

Would have preferred it if Dany had stabbed Jon and then been killed by a skulking Arya or Drogon crisping Jon after he killed Dany.

In the end the only one who saw the potential disaster was Sansa and she did get to be Queen of the North.

Bran, just an awful choice for king. The ending more or less showed him abdicating his responsibility to Tyrion, He seemed more interested in looking for Drogon, I guess that was just a reminder that he can warg and he has visions. Speaking of his visions, we saw none of them in season 8.

So Arya turns into Christopher Columbus, at least as judged by her hairdo and wardrobe. Sansa becomes Mary Queen of Scots, with the red hair and the tall stature and Jon, travels off to be Eric the Red. And I guess Tyrion is Pippin the Short.