Game of Thrones

MFLV
This topic is 1835 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Sam was so distracted he didn't catch the reference that the High Septon annulled Prince Rhaegar's marriage and immediately married him to someone else in a secret ceremony in Dorne.

I caught it! Even scanned back and replayed to make sure I heard it right. And John's interaction with Drogon gave me goose bumps.

And there always a mentoring role and special connection with Jon and Master Aemon (Targaryen)...

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we finally got to see Gendry again. "I thought you might be still rowing".... A friend predicted that he would surface to make dragon glass swords to kill the white walkers. He was wrong about that so far, but at least, he's back. Internet thinks he will end up with a Stark girl if he survives the journey beyond the Wall.

Personally, if I had been Jon, I would have asked Danaerys to use one of her dragons on the Night King. Fire kills them and we've seen how effective dragons are in battle. Easier than using Dondarrien's fiery sword and killing them one at a time.

Bets on whether Cersei is really pregnant? Seem to recall her talking about menopause at one point. Euron Greyjoy is going to be disappointed if his new wife (assuming she keeps her promise) has her brother's child.

Had to cheat and look up what the letter Littlefinger left for Arya to find meant. Setting her up to turn against Sansa.....

Great episode, all in all. Especially that Jon is a true Targaryen. Clever.

Personally, if I had been Jon, I would have asked Danaerys to use one of her dragons on the Night King. Fire kills them and we've seen how effective dragons are in battle. Easier than using Dondarrien's fiery sword and killing them one at a time.

Ha. Yep. Logically use the Dragons. Then they'd have to figure out how to prolong it out. Not likely.

I also caught the annulment mention. Littlefinger is definitely trying to use the Stark women against each other. He killed their crazy aunt without hesitation. Where is the mentally slow Lord of the Aerie? As for Gendry, he would make a better match for Arya and they know each other. On their trip north, wouldn't Jon and his party have to come near Winterfell. Would have thought he would have stopped, had a reunion and told of his plan. Perhaps they knew a shortcut. I have to say, both Arya and Bran have been made very coarse by the rode of their life, while Sansa still has a bit of softness about her, despite her fierce work ethic and natural strategic abilities. He road has been just as hard, if not harder than her sister's, but she has maintained some greater touch of humanity. Maybe that will pass.

Bets on whether Cersei is really pregnant? Seem to recall her talking about menopause at one point. Euron Greyjoy is going to be disappointed if his new wife (assuming she keeps her promise) has her brother's child.

Had to cheat and look up what the letter Littlefinger left for Arya to find meant. Setting her up to turn against Sansa.....

Great episode, all in all. Especially that Jon is a true Targaryen. Clever.

I surmise there will be three riders for the dragons in the final battle with the Night King. Daenerys, obviously, Jon Snow-Targaryn, and Brandon Stark. Brandon was told by the three-eyed raven he would never walk again but he would fly. This either means he wargs into one of the dragons or he travels through time farther into the past and finally the future.

Also, pay attention to the opening title sequence. The northern ocean is freezing over. The Night King and his walkers are heading for the Eastwatch Tower. His army will not assault the wall, they will just walk around it.

The question also arises if Brandon is his own ancestor, Brandon the Builder, AND the Night King.

Imagine Dragons being turned into White Flyers. Would they spew fire or ice?

SPOLER ALERT... maybe :p

There was an advertisement/picture before the season began showing the Night King riding a blue and white dragon. I surmise one of Dany's dragons will die and be resurrected. The whole ice and resurrection thing sounds familiar. Maybe it will become Jon's (resurrected from the dead) or Bran's (resurrected (sort of) as the 3 eyed Raven) during/after the war.

On their trip north, wouldn't Jon and his party have to come near Winterfell.

They specifically showed the group getting out of boats: they sailed. Winterfell is well inland, as its Maester reminded Bran when he had the nightmare about it being flooded by the sea (foreshadowing Theon's takeover).

Kevin Slater

They specifically showed the group getting out of boats: they sailed. Winterfell is well inland, as its Maester reminded Bran when he had the nightmare about it being flooded by the sea (foreshadowing Theon's takeover).

Kevin Slater

Dragonstone is an island I believe, so they would have to leave there by boat. Though Winterfell is a quite a bit inland, so it seems it too far out of the way considering the time constraints.

Another episode leaked. I have no idea what they will do in season 8 which won't result in a letdown compared to this season.

It's going to be a tough act to follow, but I'm confident they will rise to the occasion. I'm disappointed that the producers next project is one of those alternate history pieces. I know they must me stressing out on what they could possibly do to follow up the successive GoT, but an alternate reality where the South won the Civil War? Really?

Worked out ok for "The Man in the High Castle" folks. Haven't seen it because it's on Amazon but hear it's good. "Confederacy" is under protest already and that was before last weekend, Trump's latest meltdown and the subsequent yanking of the statues. Timely, if nothing else.

Worked out ok for "The Man in the High Castle" folks. Haven't seen it because it's on Amazon but hear it's good. "Confederacy" is under protest already and that was before last weekend, Trump's latest meltdown and the subsequent yanking of the statues. Timely, if nothing else.

"...High Castle" A rare example of me liking the film production better than the book

I believe that GoT is one of the world's most popular shows because it's pure escapism. It has excellent production, great acting and really beautiful naked people; but in the end it's pure fantasy. I'm simply not interested in watching something that is a more grim reality than we currently have -- even if there are lots and lots of naked people.
:)

Could be just me. I'm just not entertained by pure drama. My friend's got me to go see Dunkirk this weekend. HATED it. It was everything I hate about war movies except at a painfullg slow pace. Fortunately, they agreed and we walked out halfway through.

Tormund, everyone...

tenor.gif

Gendry: How do you live up here? How do you keep your balls from freezing off?

Tormund: You got to keep moving. That's the secret. Walking's good, fighting's better, fucking's best.

Jon: There's not a living woman within a hundred miles of here.

Tormund: We have to make do with what we've got.

THOSE-EYES.gif