Third degree Burns

Brian Kevin
This topic is 3036 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Daddy's dysFUNctional family loves you, BriBri.

Take care of your hannies. Follow all the good doctors' advice.

T

PS Uni, my VERY part-time self doesn't have health insurance either. I applied on healthcare.gov back in November. My app is still "pending." Yeah. :(

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really loaded on pain meds from the ER. Funguy can I send u a pic. My thumb scares me. Please text me, or private email me your email address so I can attach pics. The pain is 0 in the worst damaged spots, that really scares me, the small burn on my toe hurts the most, very light burn, I cooked so many nerve endings. I had a cute scar on my palm the shape of a T but now that scar will be gone with a new ..... Enlarged scar.

careful with the pain meds!!....you don't seem to be slurring words in your writing, so that seems OK!.....

I wish this hadn't happened to you....so far, I haven't done anything too heroic like you.....as the saying goes: "Not everybody can be a hero. Somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"

careful with the pain meds!!....you don't seem to be slurring words in your writing, so that seems OK!.....

I wish this hadn't happened to you....so far, I haven't done anything too heroic like you.....as the saying goes: "Not everybody can be a hero. Somebody has to sit on the curb and clap as they go by"

Its hard to focus. But I can do it. I'm over whelmed with everyone's wishes. I wish I could honor my promise of emailing everyone but I am so light headed, okay let's be blunt, I'm high, and can't do it now-- so when I come back tomorrow I hope to be on with the individual thanks. I have to use two awkward fingers to text, so I have time to put thought into what I'm saying. I don't enjoy the high, I just want the pain to go away. I'm a FIRM believer in medical marijuana, but weed in any form will not help this hand. Looking at it was okay, but when I took a pic from another angle when I changed bandage and added more silver cause the one blister popped while I was out filling the perceptions.

You done good son... Wish more people in the world cared half as much as you do. When I was about your age, I sustained a very severe burn on my leg. It got so bad I could barely walk, so I can imagine what you are going through. I know infection is a constant concern, so take care of yourself, and I will be sending positive prayers your way... Good luck going forward.

You done good son... Wish more people in the world cared half as much as you do. When I was about your age, I sustained a very severe burn on my leg. I got so bad I could barely walk, so I can imagine what you are going through. I know infection is a constant concern, so take care of yourself, and I will be sending positive prayers your way... Good luck going forward.

I need advice on cleaning. When do I start? I was told only to use silver and vaslaline gauze and then wrap it.

There's NO way soap and water is going to work cleaning this.

This is another reason I wana talk to funguy. I got vitmains with 150% vitamin C so I'm good!

Just an idea -

See if the neighbor has Renter’s Insurance. That policy might cover medical injuries. If you hadn’t intervened their insurance losses would have been much greater.

If not then the apartment complex insurance might also have medical coverage. Yes, this might open a can of worms IRT your sister. But you also likely saved her significant costs, and loss of income, if the building had burned down.

Maybe we have an insurance expert on the forum who can give better advice.

I agree, but they gave me 3 IV pain meds alone they started with a D. I was whimpering and crying like a baby the whole time. The lady who does insurance intake said my bill was $95 then she found out it was 900something she said they mis-input information somewhere. I have ashit load of paperwork I'll check it in the morning. They were super nice. I was too. I was very aggressive while in pain but I assured them it was cause of my pain, they were very understanding and joked about it with me. That I look like a pit bull but I bite like a small dog. The irony. Im an UGLY crier.

Someone mentioned filing a claim against your sister's tenant's renter's insurance and the casualty insurance your sister has on the building she owns. I would recommend you do that. In fact, I would call your sister and ask her for some financial assistance.

You saved her property.

Another suggestion: there should be a public hospital or clinic near where you are living. Public hospitals typically care for people who cannot pay for medical care. You might be able to get help caring for your wounds there.

One last thing: Call Huntington Bank back and ask to speak to the office of the president or consumer affairs if they cannot accommodate your need for a replacement card while in Florida. Tell them the situation and that, because THEIR COMPANY refuses to send you an ATM card while you are visiting Florida you had to pawn a laptop computer to buy pain medication. If you can validate your identity and account information I am sure they can figure out a way to assist you.

Well, consider it a blessing in disguise if you're having a lot of pain. If you're having a lot of pain, the burns are not 3rd degree burns, but rather 2nd degree. 3rd degree burns result in disfiguring scarring and some loss of function, but 2nd degree burns may leave n0 permanent damage (eventually). You should probably have a health professional at least take a look at your wounds, especially if there's some redness around them, or anything funky (not clear or straw-colored) coming out of the wounds. If the skin is not intact, you should wash twice a day with soap and water, then apply the Silvadene cream and keep covered. Feel free to PM me if you like. Tomorrow's a sea day on my cruise, as we race across the Tasman Sea to Hobart.

Someone mentioned filing a claim against your sister's tenant's renter's insurance and the casualty insurance your sister has on the building she owns. I would recommend you do that. In fact, I would call your sister and ask her for some financial assistance.

You saved her property.

Another suggestion: there should be a public hospital or clinic near where you are living. Public hospitals typically care for people who cannot pay for medical care. You might be able to get help caring for your wounds there.

One last thing: Call Huntington Bank back and ask to speak to the office of the president or consumer affairs if they cannot accommodate your need for a replacement card while in Florida. Tell them the situation and that, because THEIR COMPANY refuses to send you an ATM card while you are visiting Florida you had to pawn a laptop computer to buy pain medication. If you can validate your identity and account information I am sure they can figure out a way to assist you.

I agree that if your sister has renter's insurance you should file a claim. Her liability portion could possibly cover this.

May I request a half OZ of Some medical marijuana too, if that's not too much to ask LOL. Maybe a fleshjack too, jerking off wouldn't be complicated then. Or I could go back to bottoming...... LOL

Can one of our members in Oregon or Colorado help with the medical marijuana? I'll start pricing the fleshjack.... ;)

You are to be commended for your bravery. I'm duly impressed. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm not quite sure I understand the logic in not having health insurance, though. My understanding is that this year the fine equals whatever it would have cost you to get bronze coverage for your income level. If you're low-income or fairly low income, you get free coverage. I think you have until the end of this month to sign up...

Although they result in permanent scarring, the bright side of 3rd degree burns is that they hurt a lot less than 2nd degree burns because the nerve endings are literally fried themselves.

Bronze coverage is nearly useless. The co-pays and deductibles are so high that insureds are placed in the peculiar position of paying thousands per year in premiums and still not being able to afford health care.

My Kaiser coverage costs well over 10K/year. It's a grandfathered plan that is not available on the open market anymore, with a benefit level approaching platinum. So at least for 10K+/year, I actually get health coverage. Silver linings everywhere.

Archived