Third degree Burns

Brian Kevin
This topic is 3036 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Brian! Your actions and character have spoken. Now is the time to do ALL in you power to take advantage of all the services and help to which you are entitled. Leave no stone unturned. Go for it all! You deserve it all!

Please put yourself first!!

3d81fd8b0ea6962bcfe588ab6ce11551.jpg

Plus, something tells me that there will indeed be a riotous recovery involved!

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian, there is an insurance policy on the property that carries a medical benefit for accidents and injuries incurred by folks on the property. Then once the medical benefits are exhausted the liability portion of the policy will kick in to keep the landlord from having to pay out of pocket.

I'm sure the lawyers on this forum can offer more accurate advice. But suffice it to say, once the insurance company gets wind of your injuries and the fact that they aren't paying a big bill to repair/rebuild a whole building, they are going to be your new best friends.

An insurance claim doesn't generally involve a trial or court appearances if that's a worry for you. In most cases it's a matter of paperwork. Speak to the hospital social worker (who you've probably already talked to) about the process. They are used to this kind of thing.

Follow up on your medical care rigerously. If you are confused/don't understand any medical instructions, speak up! Ask until it is clear to. Make them write it down for you for future reference. Don't assume you'll remember every detail, you're body has had a shock.

Try to think of it this way if it helps... You would hope a client would tell you what he needs from you to have a positive experience. Why should you do less for yourself? Especially when it comes to your long term health.

Take care of yourself. Find local resources and support.

Sending you good energy!

An insurance claim doesn't generally involve a trial or court appearances if that's a worry for you. In most cases it's a matter of paperwork. Speak to the hospital social worker (who you've probably already talked to) about the process. They are used to this kind of thing.

Follow up on your medical care rigerously. If you are confused/don't understand any medical instructions, speak up! Ask until it is clear to. Make them write it down for you for future reference. Don't assume you'll remember every detail, you're body has had a shock.

Try to think of it this way if it helps... You would hope a client would tell you what he needs from you to have a positive experience. Why should you do less for yourself? Especially when it comes to your long term health.

Take care of yourself. Find local resources and support.

Sending you good energy!

Writing it down or having someone with you that you trust to help write things down is great advice especially considering you may be on pain medications which can dull more than pain.

Dear Everyone,

Sorry for the delay on the personal messages thanking every single one of you. I just wanted to say, when I woke up one of my blisters had popped while I slept and I woke up to a disgusting and uncomfortable feeling in my hand. The pain is heavier than yesterday, which was about a 4-5 on the pain scale. Today we're looking at a 7. I woke up unsure, nervous and scared-- After reading thru the 10+ messages I recieved back from you guys, my eyes were filled with tears of happiness. You guys gave me more support than my own family. I am blessed to be able to say that! They're still struggling with the loss of the dog, I would hate to overwhelm them with this, that would just seem selfish of me.

here soon, I will be heading to my fallow up appointment. I should be there about 1:00 pm. The longer it takes me to post something back here-- that's how long I will be in the hospital.

I just want to extend my hand, shit, I just want to extend both my hands and leave them open and let you all come up at once for a giant bear hug! I hope all of you feel as well about yourselves as I do! You all deserve that. I hope everyone has a blessed day! I have all of you in my prayers! Karma is a BITCH! Good or bad, and no one has any bad karma they need to be worrying about right meow ;)

LONGEVITY -- From your kind and gentle giant.

All of my big blisters drained. Im in so much pain. I have 2nd 3rd and 4th degree burns my doctor told me. Doubled the pain pills :'( antibiotics too. Hey also gave me a bag of gaze, vasaline gauze and tall tape plus XXL gloves for.... Pooping :'( it's so hard, jerking off impossible. Brushing teeth very hard :'(

I had the same doctor

She was so happy to see me, we hugged. I will be filling a thank you to her bosses and their human resource department she made me smile and we cried together. I also re-learned about plasma.

I'm so glad that you got to see the same doctor on your follow up appointment. Plus it sounds as though she really cares, and that's important. Any doctor that makes you smile is special and especially given your present circumstances. May you heal quickly.

Make sure to check Goodrx.com for cost of medications. Also Costco can be a lot less expensive on drugs and you DO NOT need a Costco membership to use their pharmacy.

Thanks a lot, I went to a couple pharmacies to get quotes haha. Now I'm puling some strings to get some cash now, fingers crossed, now that I have gloves I can start looking for a massage in the next couple of days. Can't keep living like this! I'm used to working everyday and having a safety net plus my bank card but huntington is not budging at all.

I promise I will Boomer! I gotta do a few things to fill these prescriptions. I'll go back thru the list of people whom owe me money and maybe finally get some of it back. Probably will take me a day or two unfortunately.

Brian-can't the hospital help you qualify for any programs that will help with the cost of the medications?

Gman

Did they have you speak with a social worker or a financial aid counselor? Those are the people you need to speak to. If they didn't, then you need to go back to the hospital and ask to speak to them. If it is a private hospital, then sometimes they may not know as much as a public or county hospital.

Here is what I found in a brief search for Volusia County.

Community Medical Center

Health center address - 810 Commed Blvd. C

Orange City Florida 32763

Dial 904-775-1792

A general health center in the region. Offers more all encompassing medical services and treatment to the low income, uninsured, and working poor in the greater Volusia County Florida area. Receive information on free prescription drugs, dental cleanings, treatment for illnesses, and other medical services

Good Samaritan Health Clinic

312 West New York Ave.

Deland, FL 32720

Phone - 386-738-6990

A federal government qualified health center. Some services will be administered, regardless of the patient’s income or insurance status. A sliding fee scale can offer reductions and savings on medical bills and health care expenses.

Halifax Community Health Centers, Dunn Health and Keech Street Centers

Daytona Beach, FL 32114

Call 386-425-6198

Health Department Information Lines/Locations

Location - 1845 Holsonback Drive

Daytona Beach, Florida 32117

Dial 386-424-2065

Get information on state of Florida and federal government health insurance and medical assistance programs, such as Medicaid. Also learn about local hospital charity programs.

Jesus Clinic

1133 Sixth St.

Daytona Beach, Florida 32117

386-253-6959

Another free community clinic that is serving Volusia County east of I- 95 (HMC taxing district)

Primary Care Health Services West Volusia

Health center address - 1061 Medical Center Dr

Orange City, FL 32763

Phone 386-822-6215

Patients in the western part of the county can access free or low cost medical and dental care. Get information and referrals to specialty care as well if needed.

Gman

PS Also as it's your hand, there is a chance you qualify for disability. A good social worker either at a hospital or a county/state assistance program ought to know how to 'hook' you up. Ohio probably has more resources for you than Florida. But unfortunately you aren't there. Could you go home for a while?

Gman

Thanks a lot, I went to a couple pharmacies to get quotes haha. Now I'm puling some strings to get some cash now, fingers crossed, now that I have gloves I can start looking for a massage in the next couple of days. Can't keep living like this! I'm used to working everyday and having a safety net plus my bank card but huntington is not budging at all.

Brian, your silence on Friday has me a bit concerned. Now that you are recovering from the initial, physical, shock of your injury, you may be experiencing a secondary type of shock. Please, post a short update on your status.

I realize that we members are an "on line family", but we are concerned and care about your long term health.

Florida isn't your base and I confess that I worry about you not having a local support net like you'd have in OH.

Please post a brief note to let us know how you're doing. Even an imoji, if that's what's most comfortable for your hands.

Thanks.

Amused1

I got a PM from him this afternoon; he seemed to be in a really good mood. :)

But, yeah, a post here would be really nice, @Brian Kevin - we love ya!

Thanks for the update wmclark.

Brian, if you're reading this, don't overly stress yourself keeping us updated. But, being the self centered bitch that I am, I want to know how you're doing. ;).

If you're OK with letting others here, who you contact directly, posting brief updates for you, to save you the extra effort of reasuring folks like me, I suspect We'd appreciate it. :).

Take care!

Amused1

I got my fleshjack and a box of goodies from a sweet gentlemen I cannot wait to meet!

The pain is bouncing back and fourth. They keep getting uglier and uglier. I'm trying to keep my ROM (range of motion) high, so I keep bending my hands and fingers. Its a real fucking bitch. It hurts, but the thing that freaks me out, is the resistance my hands feel when bending. It's such a uncomfortable pressure.

Cheeanrs to u @amused1 , I didnt post here cause I figured y'all were over it. I didn't wanna milk this and seem like I needed sympathy, so I was letting the thread go, but now-- I see I made the wrong choice there.

How do we feel about pictures ? Who wants to see this ugly son of a bitch??

Archived