Third degree Burns

Brian Kevin
This topic is 3036 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hello everyone.

The open wounds are healing. There's very little burnt skin left. I must say they stopped making me want to throw up or pass out. I was worried about losing one of my nails. I finally regained feeling in my finger nail.

I did my first message yesterday-- it was.... Different. Wasn't in pain, it was uncomfortable. Honestly though, he said he enjoyed himself, but a massage by a therapist wearing gloves doesn't sound to appealing to me. If the therapist was properly trained, as I was, you know to get the whole glove covered in lotion and continue to apply lotion to keep from feeling the glove.

Im not going to exceed one massage a day for a couple more weeks. I don't want to force it and damage it, however I don't want to baby it and have it freeze up.

Nonetheless, I'm making stides to recovery. I am excited to go down this path and learn something new about myself. I have been paying attention this whole time to whats been going on with my hand. I love the human body, what a fascinating thing to experience and learn about.

I'll upload some pictures later today let you see the drastic change.

I have to clean it now, shower and prepaid for the massage on its way. Better prep the gloves soon!

Longevity to all of you my warm and cuddly buddies.

S.W.A.K.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Work was about 75% okay. Discomfort for sure.

High note... I started saving today for my next tour. Leaving here in March heading north to MA then west to Cleveland city by city. Week in Cle then south to NoLa go through Texas and then Phnx to Las Vegas, LA finally then to see u guys in Palm Springs !!!!!!!;

Work was about 75% okay. Discomfort for sure.

High note... I started saving today for my next tour. Leaving here in March heading north to MA then west to Cleveland city by city. Week in Cle then south to NoLa go through Texas and then Phnx to Las Vegas, LA finally then to see u guys in Palm Springs !!!!!!!;

Sobs uncontrollably. No Wisconsin/Illinois? :(

;) j/k Have a great trip!

Things seem to be progressing nicely. Also, you have a realistic attitude by limiting your activities to that which you feel comfortable doing. As you said you are learning so much about not only yourself but your body as well! Listen to what your body is telling you and act accordingly! It will never let you down!!

You may not be totally out of the woods, but you are well on your way!

I'm so glad to hear things are progressing nicely.

1. Don't overdo it

2. Continue to exercise the hand to continue to have good range of motion

3. When the skin is healed (no breaks) start some coconut oil, especially to keep up range of motion

4. Consider using coconut oil in your massages - it is terrific for everyone's skin!

5. I want a massage

Funguy

I'm so glad to hear things are progressing nicely.

1. Don't overdo it

2. Continue to exercise the hand to continue to have good range of motion

3. When the skin is healed (no breaks) start some coconut oil, especially to keep up range of motion

4. Consider using coconut oil in your massages - it is terrific for everyone's skin!

5. I want a massage

Funguy

Spoken like a truly fun guy!

I don't know if any one else has noticed, but our Brian is sounding more grown up and self- confident as he recovers from the physical and emotional wounds of his terrible injury. Sometimes the worst events in our lives are the ones that teach us the most about ourselves. What a strong man he is! I'm soooo excited to be meeting him in PS.

I'm going to address you all in private messages tomorrow. Resting the night away. I love u all and enjoy reading your posts.I'm glad you all enjoy my healing as much as I do. I have a lot I wana say but before bed I find my fingers hurting the most gonna limit my typing tonight.

Big hugs and kisses too everyone

Just an idea -

See if the neighbor has Renter’s Insurance. That policy might cover medical injuries. If you hadn’t intervened their insurance losses would have been much greater.

If not then the apartment complex insurance might also have medical coverage. Yes, this might open a can of worms IRT your sister. But you also likely saved her significant costs, and loss of income, if the building had burned down.

Maybe we have an insurance expert on the forum who can give better advice.

Renter's Insurance might cover something. I used to work in apartment management, and the apartment community's insurance generally covers nothing in the way of loss of personal property, liability or personal injury. Generally these days properties require residents to have renters insurance--but not always.

Can one of our members in Oregon or Colorado help with the medical marijuana? I'll start pricing the fleshjack.... ;)

I live in Washington--we have both kinds of marijuana--medical and recreational. Problem is, getting it out of state. Can't exactly mail it or fly with it. One would have to drive it.

Yes, sir ! I am! Just except finding someone else to whipe my butt ! That's my job !

Brian, I just saw this thread today. Really sorry you are having to go through this--the inconvenience, the loss if income, the PAIN. I do think you will come out of it fine--hey, scars are very macho. I have a very serious practical suggestion and an offer. Get a bidet! I own one. They work really great! No kidding, I now go through about one roll of toilet paper a month--mostly just to blow my nose. These are simple, inexpensive devices that attach to any standard toilet. You will have to get someone to install it for you--apartment maintenance can do it and it is really simple and fast.

http://www.amazon.com/Astor-Non-Electric-Mechanical-Attachment-CB-1000/dp/B003TPGPUW/ref=sr_1_1?s=kitchen-bath&ie=UTF8&qid=1454548363&sr=1-1&keywords=bidet

If you PM me with an address, I will send you one Amazon Prime. You will have it by Friday. I'm serious. This is a good idea.

Desperado has a GREAT idea!

I discovered what a bidet really is in Turkey where they are popular. They are comfortable, efficient and much more thorough than paper. No hands required. Very clean, very sanitary and no, it doesn't feel weird even with cold water. For $300 you can buy an electric one that heats the water and then blows hot air to dry you off. That is SO unnecessary unless you are a total princess. For $30, you can get one that works just fine. The water hose installs right where the water intake line attaches to the bottom of the toilet tank, requiring only a wrench to secure it. The rest of the device gets sandwiched between the toilet bowl and the toilet seat. There is one control knob--water on/water off--which also controls the pressure. Simplicity itself. Pays for itself in savings on toilet paper, and personal hygiene actually improves significantly. Don't understand why they haven't caught on in the US.

Archived