Do you get hit (online or in person) by young men?

marylander1940
This topic is 1375 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mitchel, at 25, I think you don't look as good as I do at over twice your age. For those of us who prefer younger men, though, there are sites such as silverdaddies.com.

I live in a area with a large gay population, young and old, so yes, I get hit on by younger guys a lot, but their motivation is often suspect...I thought Julian's response was amusing.."If I'm screwing around with him, I'm going to have to pay for dinner 'again', I don't mind paying for dinner, but at some point, it's like, I can't really build much with someone who can't 'ever' pay for dinner"

Edited by bigvalboy

I really don't have patience for Millenials. I wish I did. And Generation Z? Forget about it--Entitled an incurious beyond reason (yes there are (rare) exceptions, there are always exceptions to something that is generally true; that's what "generally true" means)).

http://captico.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Defining-Generations-Pew-Chart.png

Oh great....All along I thought I was just a "Boomer", and I was OK with that, now I come to find out that I'm an "Older Boomer"...now I'm depressed. Is it 'Happy Hour' yet? ;)

Wanna switch places?

I was born in 1940, I'm a member of the "silent generation", I hope that has nothing to do with the "silent majority". I was raised by folks who where teenagers during the great depression and called a spoiled brat just because I never went hungry.

Gees,

The "silent generation"? Silent? I'll show you silent! Just listen to me when I cum! Silent, indeed.;)

I used to get some attention from younger guys, those in their 40's. Not so much now. Must be the grey beard and shaved head, although my body is still pretty muscular and trim. Guess I need to find some young guys with a grand daddy kink.o_O

Gees,

I used to get some attention from younger guys, those in their 40's. Not so much now. Must be the grey beard and shaved head, although my body is still pretty muscular and trim. Guess I need to find some young guys with a grand daddy kink.o_O

You definitely should visit silverdaddies.com and/or daddydater.com . I'm sure you would get hit on *a lot*.

I really don't have patience for Millenials. I wish I did. And Generation Z? Forget about it--Entitled an incurious beyond reason (yes there are (rare) exceptions, there are always exceptions to something that is generally true; that's what "generally true" means)).

You recognize Boomers said the very same thing about Gen Xers, right?

I look forward to hearing Millennials bitch about Generation M or whatever their progeny are called.

I live in a area with a large gay population, young and old, so yes, I get hit on by younger guys a lot, but their motivation is often suspect...I thought Julian's response was amusing.."If I'm screwing around with him, I'm going to have to pay for dinner 'again', I don't mind paying for dinner, but at some point, it's like, I can't really build much with someone who can't 'ever' pay for dinner"

I wondered, "Why not?" The old-style woman-is-housekeeper marriages worked exactly that way.

Interesting thread. So I would be a 'younger boomer'. I like the sound of that, actually.

I get hit on by women a lot. Not women in their 20s, they ignore me. But women in their mid-30s and up seem to adore me. Especially at the gym. I find it annoying beyond description, but I smile and remain polite. I work out a lot, have an athletic appearance, always dress well and look 'straight'. Here in NYC, I would be considered a 'catch' - by women. They must be truly desperate. I read a fascinating article about the dating prospects for single or divorced women in their 50s in NYC. Their options are (1) have sex with the younger personal trainer or tennis coach, (2) have a relationship with a guy also in his 50s - but those guys are of the 'total loser' type if they can't date younger women or (3) marry a 70-year old and move to Boca Raton. That's IT for them. No wonder they like ME.

Younger guys do occasionally hit on me. That happens most often when I am in a business suit. I don't own many business suits but all of them are by Tom Ford or by Gucci. And perfectly tailored. My shoes are always Gucci. I even have 'custom' Gucci shoes. When I wear those, younger men seem to be fascinated - usually black and Latin men. I do sometimes get stares from some of the younger guys in the gym but my straight appearance deters them. Which is just fine. I have male friends in my own age bracket - all of them think I am straight. I am not out. Maybe my life would be better if I was out. Something to think about.

In conclusion: it is too bad I am not straight. Women just love me. I would have a ball. But it was not meant to be ...

Younger guys do occasionally hit on me. That happens most often when I am in a business suit. I don't own many business suits but all of them are by Tom Ford or by Gucci. And perfectly tailored. My shoes are always Gucci. I even have 'custom' Gucci shoes.

You wear Gucci suits and shoes, and you're complaining about drawing women? ;)

Maybe my life would be better if I was out. Something to think about.

My (mostly secondhand) impression is that being an out gay man is challenging in some "macho" professions but that a lot depends on the organization.

Edited by FreshFluff

You recognize Boomers said the very same thing about Gen Xers, right?

I look forward to hearing Millennials bitch about Generation M or whatever their progeny are called.

Actually, Gen Xers weren't called Entitled and Incurious (because, unlike Millenials our parents didn't tend to fund us (beyond college at least) like we fund Millenials deep into adulthood, and unlike Millenials and Gen Zers we certainly weren't incurious (if you disagree with that category for Gen Z you should meet my sibling's kids and their friends)).

Most often, and correctly, we Gen Xers were accused of being "slackers" and "cynical to the point of apathetic". Both were true which is why, while the internet burst into the scene under our watch, people consider the internet the property of the Millenials; we were too jaded to really do shit with it, other than maybe Yahoo and Kozmo.com. Yippee!

I get hit on by men around my own age a lot. Which is great. I didn't notice it until I became one of them, but there's a large population of successful, in-shape, well-kept men in their 50s - 60s who chase after each other instead of chasing after young men. I'm finding I really enjoy this group. Now and again, somebody in their 20s - 30s hits on me online.

I have an interesting flirtation going on right now. A classicly tall, dark and handsome real estate broker, around 60, who I assumed was straight. But I'm not sure he is anymore. We've had lunch a couple of times and he sends me flirty emails. We've talked about doing a deal together.

Some men who are older may agree to this song by Divine relating to younger men......LOL.....:rolleyes:.

Some may agree with Divine's theory - some may not. :p.

At least the dancers in this video clip are younger and hot. Quite appetizing don't you think? :D.

Enjoy!!!

There's an older gentleman I know and love who is frequently singing this song around me, I hope it's not targeted and just an earworm.

This has been a fascinating "blog"; not sure what to call it actually. As someone who is 61, not out but very much gay, comments from the presenters intrigued me. I keep hearing about those interested in "daddies" but haven't seen that yet. I'm not just interested in sex but fine young companionship; maybe it's the area that I live. I'm happy to see there is hope. Thanks