Celebrity Crushes

quoththeraven
This topic is 3444 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mark Harmon circa St. Elsewhere (a great show I hardly ever see mentioned anywhere, and the first to my knowledge to depict a straight character with HIV/AIDS)

While St Elsewhere is an underrecognized show, on the last Craig Ferguson show, he ended with an homage to many great TV endings, by having Bob Newhart Show like ending with him and Drew Carey in bed and discussing a dream that Craig had. After that there was a group hug ala MTM and then a bit where all of that was in a snowglobe ala Tommy the autistic son looking into it and imagining all the goings on at St. Elsewhere. The scene ended abruptly, ala the Sopranos.

Luke Evans

Well, now you've done it.

Which 3-way would ya rather? The Evans brothers, the Hemsworth brothers, or the Amell cousins?

Glad to see Ryan Reynolds listed here. He's against type for me but everyone else can stand in line. (His next movie, opening soon, is with Hellen Mirren. I'm *in*.)

OMG can't believe someone mentioned Brian Bloom (AND Jason Bateman lol) Brian Bloom drove me nuts lol. Saw him in person once SO much shorter than I imagined BUT it didn't matter LOL!! Also saw Jason Bateman once playing basketball shirtless he was prob 18-19 wow! Anyone remember David Chocachai??? YIKES straight from heaven!!

Jon-Erik Hexum

More celebrity crushes that have not yet been mentioned:

Chuck Connors, as the hero of Branded, a fascinating TV show in the 1960s as well. He was unfairly "branded" as a coward and drummed out of the military, unfairly. Today, it calls forth images of valorous (and often medal-winning) gay men and lesbians drummed out of the military unfairly.

Dean Cain, as TV Clark Kent/Superman in Lois and Clark. He was actually sexier as Clark Kent than as Superman, in my eyes anyway.

JON-ERIK HEXUM, a hot hot hot actor in the 1980s. Schlocky projects like the TV show Voyagers and a horrendous TV movie where Joan Collins "discovers" and makes Hexum a star model ("Making of a Male Model"). But Jon-Erik combined hot hot hot looks/body with high camp appeal. The icing on the camp cake is his interview with Merv Griffin (Of COURSE), below:

Brian Bloom does a lot of voiceover work now -- animated tv and movies, plus a ton of video games. But you never really seem him in person much anymore. Which is a shame...

I'm the Jason Bateman fan. I'd like to have the image of his shirtless basketball game stored in my mind! Too bad you can't print and share it, Tonyko.

JON-ERIK HEXUM, a hot hot hot actor in the 1980s. Schlocky projects like the TV show Voyagers and a horrendous TV movie where Joan Collins "discovers" and makes Hexum a star model ("Making of a Male Model"). But Jon-Erik combined hot hot hot looks/body with high camp appeal. The icing on the camp cake is his interview with Merv Griffin (Of COURSE), below:

+1

The Merv interview is hilarious. Here is another interview Hexum did. Altogether, he does not strike me as very smart--and he died soon after the Merv interview because he was playing around with a gun he did not realize was loaded.

Jon-Erik Hexum was playing around with a prop gun on the show that shot blanks, and didn't realize that even a blank gun can be dangerous if it's close enough to you. That story always freaked me out because I never realized that about blank guns either. I wouldn't hold one to my head because I would never trust that it hadn't accidentally been loaded with blanks, but still...

He wasn't shirtless all that much on Voyagers (although he did wear a shirt that revealed a lot), but I still remember the episode where they went back to Rome and he trained with gladiators.

Add Patrick Warburton, Hugh Jackman, and mark Wahlburg.

Patrick Warburton did a movie when he was very young, "Dragonard", where he was stripped to a loincloth and apparently up for sale as a slave or something. I've seen stills from it but have never been able to find the full movie. And I have looked for years.

OMG can't believe someone mentioned Brian Bloom (AND Jason Bateman lol) Brian Bloom drove me nuts lol.

Now that I think more about Brian Bloom, I am almost certain that my adolescent crush on him was the origin of my unadulterated love of hairy chests, which persists to this very day! Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by poolboy48220 View Post

Patrick Warburton did a movie when he was very young, "Dragonard", where he was stripped to a loincloth and apparently up for sale as a slave or something. I've seen stills from it but have never been able to find the full movie. And I have looked for years.

Poolboy,

Perhaps you have already seen this, but here is a link to an Amazon.com page with a VHS of "Dragonard" for purchase: http://www.amazon.com/Dragonard-VHS-Oliver-Reed/dp/B00005Y8DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419461504&sr=8-1&keywords=dragonard

More celebrity crushes that have not yet been mentioned:

Chuck Connors, as the hero of Branded, a fascinating TV show in the 1960s as well. He was unfairly "branded" as a coward and drummed out of the military, unfairly. Today, it calls forth images of valorous (and often medal-winning) gay men and lesbians drummed out of the military unfairly.

Dean Cain, as TV Clark Kent/Superman in Lois and Clark. He was actually sexier as Clark Kent than as Superman, in my eyes anyway.

Is it just me or did Merv Griffin actually drool over this guy? In this clip he was reasonably articulate and a bit disaffected with the Hollywood lifestyle. I thought him charming.

Enough serious stuff. Shamelessly ripping off Unicorn's thread in the Gallery and asking for your celebrity crushes are (or, to frame the question slightly differently, the celebs you'd most want in your bed). Without regard to sexual orientation, here's an off-the-top of my head, not-sufficiently-caffeinated list that is in no particular order except for my top pick:

-David Bowie. The man is hugely talented and appeals to me on so many levels. 'Nuff said.

-Matt Bomer, lately of White Collar.

-Hugh Dancy of NBC's Hannibal.

-For good measure, Dancy's co-star, Mads Mikkelsen, who danced professionally (modern dance, I think) before becoming an actor.

-Chris Hemsworth. I prefer his look (and his acting) in Rush to that of Thor in the many MCU movies that are out there.

-Michael Ealy.

Some ultra-sexy men who are no longer with us:

-Toshiro Mifune, star of Shogun and many Akira Kurosawa films. Looks good in a suit (see Drunken Angel, his first movie with Kurosawa); looks good in a loincloth (see Seven Samurai). Since Sergio Leone's A Fistful of Dollars was an unauthorized remake of Kurosawa's movie Yojimbo, starring Mifune, Mifune was The Man Without a Name before Clint Eastwood was. (Sanjuro, the name he gives his character in that movie, means "thirtysomething.")

-Paul Newman.

Jamie Dornan, Thomas Jane, Eddie Cibrian, Daniel Craig.

Archived