Barcelona - Sauna Thermas - It only got better!

imrthr

It’s now €21 entry. And price for all the different rooms on display at entrance. Also, the old €50 seems to have disappeared and become a negotiation. May just be my experience, but interested in what others have found. 

• 1 month later...

I’ve been on a Spanish tour and finally got to Thermas. It is indeed €21 entry. €50 for fun is rare now lol, seems to be what you get from your provider. I went on a late Friday afternoon and it was a decent amount of providers but most of them were latin Twinkish. A few muscle guys around but they look annoyed. I found a muscle Brazilian guy with a nice personality and we had fun. I also haaaate that they serve food in Thermas, I don’t get the point. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, brettnyc said:

Any recent reports from Barcelona / Thermas ?   Hopefully there are few muscle guys still active there.

I went twice in the past two weeks. I'm currently vacationing in Barcelona. The first time I went was on a Tuesday afternoon and it was pouring rain. The place was not too full of people, and there were mostly young guys, but none of them I could characterize as muscular. Also, I didn't see a single one from Spain, if that matters to you. I hooked up with a young guy from the Dominican republic and got the worst BJ I've ever had in my life. He did seem very inexperienced at everything, from the moment he approached me, immediately offered me a considerable discount from the rather overpriced rate, and he was just awkward. Left after that because the place didn't feel right for me.

The second time was in the early evening, and there were many guys to choose from, some muscular, but most twink types, with one or two with a few strings of grey. That time I had a "massage" with a nice young Colombian man who actually knew well how to give massages. The extras were just ok. Didn't up-sell for more. Then after that I got a nice young Cuban man. I don't know what to say about this, maybe it was what I was projecting or who knows what, but the session felt more like a therapy session. We literally stopped to start talking about anxiety medication, his past addiction treatment and my OCD. If that was a trick for him to get the money without any action, who knows. However, I did take some time to talk to him at the bar before going into a room. He told me that the vast majority of his clients there don't talk much and go "to the point". Who knows.

There were many other guys who look really good, and they were diverse in type, role and physical appearance. The facilities are good, rates are up for negotiation, guys are friendly and not pushy (they get the "no" right away if you say no). However, it seems like the muscle guys expect to be approached. Not a one went to anyone asking for anything, at least when I was there. The address of the place is easy to find and feels like a safe neighborhood, and the process of entering and paying is easy. All-in-all is a good place. I'm still evaluating if it is for me.

This is my first time trying a place like this in my entire life, so I personally wouldn't count my experience as something that is what usually one can get in a place like that. Just my two cents.

On 9/1/2023 at 2:25 PM, Xavitv said:

I’ve been on a Spanish tour and finally got to Thermas. It is indeed €21 entry. €50 for fun is rare now lol, seems to be what you get from your provider. I went on a late Friday afternoon and it was a decent amount of providers but most of them were latin Twinkish. A few muscle guys around but they look annoyed. I found a muscle Brazilian guy with a nice personality and we had fun. I also haaaate that they serve food in Thermas, I don’t get the point. 

Since the going fee is no longer 50 EUs-- what is it, or is the fee primarily negotiable?

3 hours ago, Axiom2001 said:

Since the going fee is no longer 50 EUs-- what is it, or is the fee primarily negotiable?

The entrance fee is €21. You get a locker, and the locker number is what they use to charge for things like a VIP room or drinks at the bar. The pay-for-play with the guys is what's negotiable. They propose a rate and you take it from there. Most approached me offering me a massage, not sure if that's the common practice. It's not a set rate. They make a proposition and you decide/negotiate. One asked me for €150, another asked for €70. I don't think there's any criteria, other than what you might look to them.

Last year I came across a few cross-affiliated fellows, at 50-ish in Thermas yet 150-ish via ad sites, the latter obviously more the full hour. Not surprising that some degree of gap closure would evolve. 75 in a structured environment with an expanded array of choice seems reasonable. What I am currently curious about is how much the apparently large volume of visiting providers with site ads might be supplementing in this manner, as some work in Spain seasonally, temporarily, even in cycles.

Edited by SirBillybob

• 1 month later...

fyi - the going rate at Thermas is 50euro. Not 40, not 70.  It’s 50 now (as of a week ago) and it’s been 50 for as long as I can remember.   Keep in mind that for 50, you get about 30 minutes, more or less.  It’s absolutely not for one hour.

Instead of asking how much, it might be better to just confirm that you know it’s 50.  If you’re told otherwise, then walk away from that person because they just failed the first test & it’s unlikely to improve. 
I could potentially see some discussion for a higher rate if requesting something specific that is not routine.  And I’d be careful about that because the very best guys will usually decline the moment something gets complicated. 

And be careful of the guys that approach you immediately with pressure.  The guys in demand don’t operate that way. 

btw - Thermas is better than ever.  Something for everyone, very clean facility, polite staff & completely safe. No drag shows or other distractions.  Majority of guys are Brazilian, Venezuelan, Colombian & Dominican.  All things considered, it’s way better than Lagoa or any of the Rio saunas.  

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

On 9/25/2023 at 4:53 AM, brettnyc said:

Hopefully there are few muscle guys still active there.

good question re; types of guys.
From my recent visits - most of the working men are guy next door types, depending on your country of residence ;) Most were very fit and lightly muscled with a few twinks and a few I’d consider bearish.  It was not overrun with twinks as some posts here indicate.  I can see where some older guys may perceive “twink” just because as a whole, it’s a younger group of men working - I didn’t see it that way tho.  There were no steroid bodybuilders or huge muscle guys. Thermas did have some bodybuilders around before the pandemic, I haven’t seen them there since.  The majority of the working guys are Brazilian & same as you’d find at Lagoa - a few have actually worked at Lagoa which is not surprising.  Age range is 20 -35 with the majority in the middle. 

In BCN, there seems to be some cross-over between sauna guys and online guys, however very few.  The sauna guys can be taken off-site for 100euros, but that’s not for a full hour - more like 40 minutes. Standard rate for online guys is 150/per hour - if they think you are American/Canadian/Australian the quote is frequently higher. Research all the online sites in Spain (Hungz, Telechapero, Rentmen) & when making contact do not tell them you found them on RM - that’s almost always a much higher rate because it’s the go to site for Americans.  Also helps if you contact people from a non-US identifiable phone number if possible. And use google translate to Spanish even tho that is obvious sometimes.  If an online guy quotes more than 150hour, find someone else because there are plenty.  
A provider friend in BCN recently gave me a stern warning to be very careful with online guys because of frequent & heavy drug use (crystal meth) it’s very common and leads to other things like petty theft, performance issues, etc. There is some drug use in the sauna too, but mostly just smoking weed. 

In BCN, the sauna is the best choice for most as you can see exactly what you’re getting in a controlled safe environment with lots of options.  I like to stay very close to Thermas so I can come & go as it’s open 24/7.  They don’t allow re-entry, so that’s an extra cost but minimal for what you get. Lots of good restaurant options within a block or two makes it all very easy, safe & civilized. 

PM me if you need hotel recommendations.  Enjoy !

On 11/9/2023 at 1:28 AM, SouthOfTheBorder said:

It was not overrun with twinks as some posts here indicate.  I can see where some older guys may perceive “twink” just because as a whole, it’s a younger group of men working - I didn’t see it that way tho.  There were no steroid bodybuilders or huge muscle guys.

I visited a few months ago. I didn't mention that the place was overrun with twinks at the time. However, on the two days I visited, there were a lot more twinks than early this year. I'm in my 30's. I'm not older, so maybe let's not stereotype. I don't automatically think a twink is a young person. I know the difference. Let's please not pretend this is a perception thing. We were there on different days, there were different guys. Let's leave it at that instead of discounting a person's experience. Thank you.

With that said, I'll be there most likely this winter, I'll try and stop by and give an update

Edited by CHIberia

2 hours ago, CHIberia said:

However, on the two days I visited, there were a lot more twinks than early this year.

preaching about not using stereotypes - then using a stereotype in making that point kind of negates the entire thing.  
It’s always helpful when posters have just a bit of self-awareness 

20 hours ago, SouthOfTheBorder said:

preaching about not using stereotypes - then using a stereotype in making that point kind of negates the entire thing.  
It’s always helpful when posters have just a bit of self-awareness

You know, I was nice about it, there was no need for you to be a jerk. But here you are.

"Twink" is a slang descriptor, not a stereotype. Saying "old people think all young people are twinks" is a stereotype. Also, I mentioned my experience before asking you to respect it. Not the other way around. It's always helpful when posters have just a bit of reading comprehension

There were no steroid bodybuilders

Let's not with the self-righteous sanctimony, buddy.

Edited by CHIberia

5 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

I will visit Sauna Thermas for the first time in October 2024, and I hope for there to be a plethora of twinks, muscle studs, wolves, otters, and everything in between!

just as long as they are men, I'm good!

you’ll have a great time.
 I’ve been going there for 16 years + with many visits each year.  I’ve known about 6  the regulars there for at least 6 years and socialize with some of them outside the sauna. 

It’s consistently been the same over the years because the core clientele likes a certain type.  There are some variations of course, but most are the guy-next- door body types that you’d find in Lagoa.  The only real change since the pandemic is I don’t see the muscle guys so much anymore.  

I never understand the negative reviews here sometimes because I’ve just never experienced that in my dozens & dozens of visits.  It leads me to believe the issue is not with Thermas or the working guys, but rather unrealistic expectations, bad attitudes or entitled behavior that is so common among tourists.  The guys at Thermas (or any other similar sauna) have literally seen it all & have excellent BS detectors and avoid the people they perceive to be problematic.  That too may explain some of the negative reviews here. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Alfstoria said:

Updating the post about Thermas 

Today, once I saw THIS! In their IG stories about a TG day at Thermas, I sent them a DM to complaint,  to ask what is that none sense., they responded :

“Solo son los jueves de 23H a 15H”

Only Thursdays from 11 to 3 ? Is confusing so I asked if it wasn’t 13 to 23? The same day. If not that means two days. They haven't responded yet.  

I may delete this part: 

I am pretty chill, but if T-girls start showing up at our places, I swear I am losing it. We have reserved spaces for only men. Also, if you have been around in a big city, you know how those girls “operate.":( 

IMG_2591.png

Could someone decipher this for me?

4 hours ago, toddoles said:

Thermas parties are from 11pm to 3pm, so they start at the end of one day and carry until the afternoon of the next day. 

Thermas has a lot of coed parties. 

So do they close early that day?

What I mean to say is that for example the party is on Friday 11pm. Do they close early that Friday? 
and do they open late or are completely closed on Saturday (the next day after the party)?

6 hours ago, toddoles said:

Thermas parties are from 11pm to 3pm, so they start at the end of one day and carry until the afternoon of the next day. 

All these years and I NEVER knew that..

19 hours ago, toddoles said:

I see all the comments here about coed parties at Thermas - yet, I’ve never experienced it not being open due to these events….and I go there a lot.  No way this happens with any frequency.  

No mention of it on their website - just says open 24/7

On 1/13/2024 at 12:27 PM, SouthOfTheBorder said:

I see all the comments here about coed parties at Thermas - yet, I’ve never experienced it not being open due to these events….and I go there a lot.  No way this happens with any frequency.  

No mention of it on their website - just says open 24/7

Yeah it's strange. Today (Monday) I arrived there at 3pm. I saw that the opening hours listed at the entrance say 24h only for a few days. On Monday it said they opened at 3pm. The receptionist also said they were just opening and that they had been closed for the party. So there's definitely parties happening, but I also can't find any advertising for them. 

• 2 weeks later...