Fear

gp0560
This topic is 4131 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There are way too many fears to list if one is including those with a very, very small probabiltiy. My current fear is being on an edge, such as the edge of a rooftop, etc. I used to think this was acrophobia but I have been reliably informed that it is a fear of being on an edge. I have no problem with being thousands of feet in the air or making a "legal" low pass within a very few feet of the ground whilst in an aircraft. But, being on a roof top or similar and going to the edge and looking down is not for me. :)

Otherwise, I dread, not fear, getting too old to take care of myself, too old to do many of the things I find enjoyable now. That certainly is not limited to sex but is among all the other "dreads". :)

Best regards,

KMEM

There are way too many fears to list if one is including those with a very, very small probabiltiy. My current fear is being on an edge, such as the edge of a rooftop, etc. I used to think this was acrophobia but I have been reliably informed that it is a fear of being on an edge. I have no problem with being thousands of feet in the air or making a "legal" low pass within a very few feet of the ground whilst in an aircraft. But, being on a roof top or similar and going to the edge and looking down is not for me. :)

Mine too, exactly. I know you have told me this is one of the reasons I ought to take flying lessons. :)

Funny, on reflection -- the "dreads" don't hang too heavily on me these days. One thing, maybe, is that at 53 I have outlived my father by more than a decade (massive coronary felled him at 41), so it is all gravy for me now. I do hope the end comes suddenly, not some lingering thing that I have to live with and know about as the terminus slowly approaches.

Otherwise, I dread, not fear, getting too old to take care of myself, too old to do many of the things I find enjoyable now. That certainly is not limited to sex but is among all the other "dreads". :)

Best regards,

KMEM

These are exactly the same as my greatest fears, to which I would only add physical paralysis.

Does this mean that "imagining the entire audience being naked" no longer works? :)

It depends on the audience. If it was a young Hollywood crowd, sure, imagine away. But most of the audiences I've had were closer to OLD Hollywood and would be downright terrifying naked. :p

Thanks to all for their contributions to this discussion. Unfortunately, you have also contributed a lot of items to my own fear list! Worst of all is that the mentions of paralysis made me change my own worst fear from blindness to ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). I can't imagine anything worse than waiting for death that way.

Archived