What do YOU wear to bed?

nate_sf
This topic is 4164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Some of you may have seen this article yesterday regarding American's sleep habits. Conducted by a linens company, it found that only eight percent (less than one in 10) of Americans sleep in the buff. The rest wear pajamas, or "something else." Here's the link to the article:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/27/less-than-1-in-10-americans-sleep-naked-survey_n_2371448.html

So to add yet another year-end poll to the year-end polls, what do YOU wear to bed, if anything? What could this "something else" be possibly?

For me, I'm part of the 8% unless it's really, really cold.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in the summer, it's cotton gym shorts (the sorta fleece-y kind) and a loose cotton t-shirt...in the winter, loose sweat pants and a t-shirt - and maybe even socks....don't sleep naked because of the "sensitivity" and it just feels better in comfortable cotton stuff

I have slept in the nude for most of my adult life, except when I am a houseguest; I have one pair of cotton pajamas which I pack for those occassions. But I always keep something appropriate next to the bed, to pull on in the event of an emergency, like an earthquake or fire.

I have slept in the nude since I was college. My mother used to be horrified and repeatedly asked what I would do if there was a fire or an earthquake. My answer was always the same. I would run outside and I didn't have anything other hadn't seen before and if I did then it was high time they did see it.

I usually wear briefs. Occassionally sweats, socks, and a t-shirt if it is an unusually cold night. Once in a while naked if the mood strikes me.

I'm a lot like Eze here although I wear a t-shirt more times than not. However if I had NateSf to cuddle up with, I'm sure I'd be nekkid on a much more routine basis.

Rex

When i was in hospital and rehab, I'd change out of my daytime attire (pajama bottoms and t-shirt) and get into a hospital gown. They are surprisingly comfy.

What ever happened to Victorian "Nightshirts?" I think I need to check out the Vermont Country Store. At last visit, they were selling vibrators, so you never know.

Boy, am I out of step here, but...I'm always cold, and I don't like the "constriction" of briefs so it's short sleeve, knee length pajamas in the summer and flannel full length pants and a sweatshirt in the winter. Don't forget the electric blanket either. Oh yeah, I'd skip most of that if there were a warm body next to me that I could cuddle with (and, sorry, no socks ever).

Archived