Fitness Influencer, 23, Dies After Falling into a Ravine

Ali Gator

How sad to read this. Such a handsome young guy - falls to his death while 'creating content'.  Possibly not paying attention to where he was standing, or his balance. 

PEOPLE.COM

On Wednesday, 23-year-old fitness influencer Giorgi “Tzane” Janelidze died after falling into a ravine while filming social media content in Italy. Janelidze, who...

28 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I agree.

So much easier to deal with when it's an ugly person..

Without a doubt there's a double standard. Even doctors will treat better a nice looking person! 

Some in this forum might be more attracted to him if he was 100 Lbs. heavier as commented in a different thread where you have posted. 

10 minutes ago, mike carey said:

Ouch! But well said, we can so easily lament someone's misfortune, not just their death, because they have some quality we admire.

That's a nice way to say it. 

A quality they got by the Gods of good genes not something they learned in school or choices they made in their own lives.

I fully agree with both of you guys!

I ran into this video about him, it's easy to understand written Portuguese if you know some Spanish. I only looked up one word "enchente". 

Edited by marylander1940
dyslexia

He slipped on a balcony of an old house in an abandoned mountaintop village in Calabria. Probably just looking at the view. Unfortunately there was no railing. Didn't sound like a stunt to me. 

12 hours ago, Luv2play said:

He slipped on a balcony of an old house in an abandoned mountaintop village in Calabria. Probably just looking at the view. Unfortunately there was no railing. Didn't sound like a stunt to me. 

I can no longer even imagine stepping out onto such an unguarded elevation above a chasm as described.

When much younger, I went to such heights as New York's Empire State Building observation deck, the St. Louis Gateway Arch, Chicago's Willis Tower (then the John Hancock), the Washington Monument and the towers of National Cathedral, and even crossed the Golden Gate Bridge on the back of a motorcycle, holding so tightly to a sailor named Ken that I may have left marks. And did all this without barely a hint of trepidation, if any at all. Now, if I even so much as see a photo looking down from such heights, my butt tightens and my stomach churns.

Age-related vertigo, perhaps? Anybody else experience such a change?

18 minutes ago, wsc said:

I can no longer even imagine stepping out onto such an unguarded elevation above a chasm as described.

There's a scene in the film version of Godspell where they are dancing on top of the (former) World Trade Center.

At one point in the routine they all step toward the edge of the tower. Just WATCHING that always gives me Vertigo !

At 3:50 in the below video.

That's a young Victor Garber, playing Jesus by the way...

On 3/20/2024 at 8:41 AM, wsc said:

Age-related vertigo, perhaps? Anybody else experience such a change?

Last 10 years or so, driving over long bridges (e.g. Mackinac) gives me a lot of anxiety.  Even the Skyway, a very short bridge in comparison, can get me tense.  30-40 years ago, had no problem driving over the Mackinac, or  Golden Gate Bridge.

Worked at Willis Tower for a few years, would go up to a floor in the 60's were you didn't land in other offices, and look out the window for a quiet break.  Didn't have a problem with that, but that was over 10 years ago.

Edited by bashful