Playwright Going on HIV Med Strike

ShortCutie7

I mean, this person just seems downright crazy (it’s one thing to have a strong opinion, it’s another thing to expect an organization that has absolutely nothing to do with said opinion to take a stance on it), but THIS is why you have to take responsibility for your own sexual health.

WWW.VULTURE.COM

Three months ago, Victor I. Cazares decided to stop taking their pills — until the New York Theatre Workshop calls for...

52 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

This is both stupid and insane.

Agreed, and in about the same league as John Allen Muhammad (of DC Sniper infamy) going on a hunger strike while locked up in a Maryland jail and after having already been convicted of capital murder and sentenced to death in Virginia.

Maybe Muhammad and Cazares can share their Darwin Award posthumously.
[BTW, the objective of Muhammad's hunger strike was to get better food in the jail. You can't make this sh*t up.]

Amazing how much space Vulture committed to this story.

How about these idiots at the once great Harvard (from the Crimson)…

“To send solidarity to @browndivestcoalition for their incredible hunger strike, 30+ Harvard students committed to a day-long hunger strike to prove to university corporations that we will not back down,” the Harvard Undergraduate Palestine Solidarity Coalition wrote in an Instagram post on Friday.

Edited by MikeThomas

12 hours ago, ShortCutie7 said:

I mean, this person just seems downright crazy (it’s one thing to have a strong opinion, it’s another thing to expect an organization that has absolutely nothing to do with said opinion to take a stance on it), but THIS is why you have to take responsibility for your own sexual health.

WWW.VULTURE.COM

Three months ago, Victor I. Cazares decided to stop taking their pills — until the New York Theatre Workshop calls for...

Their or his pills? 

That's my first issue with the story!

10 hours ago, nycman said:

Darwinism at work.

Yes, after catching a disease that was/is 100% preventable now he refuse's to take the pills it took decades of research and millions of dollars to create to keep him alive.

1 hour ago, MikeThomas said:

Amazing how much space Vulture committed to this story.

“To send solidarity to @browndivestcoalition for their incredible hunger strike, 30+ Harvard students committed to a day-long hunger strike to prove to university corporations that we will not back down,” the Harvard Undergraduate Palestine Solidarity Coalition wrote in an Instagram post on Friday.

After the "hunger striker" they had hotdogs, sex out of wedlock, smoke pot and drank alcohol, things they couldn't do in most countries of the Middle East. 

28 minutes ago, marylander1940 said:

Their or his pills?

Maybe he's one of those "gender queer" types who uses they as his pronoun.

In any event, it's insane, but I wish this is the first time I see people pulling that nonsense.

11 hours ago, MikeThomas said:

Harvard is still great, but there's always going to be the pervasive culture of 'we're an Ivy' and it prevents a lot of those kids from seeing clearly, realistically.

Like most higher education, it's an extreme bubble.

Edited by BenjaminNicholas

21 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Harvard is still great, but there's always going to be the pervasive culture of 'we're an Ivy' and it prevents a lot of those kids from seeing clearly, realistically.

Like most higher education, it's a bubble.  Nowhere near reality.

Huh?

44 minutes ago, MikeBiDude said:

Took me a second reading of the article to realize they were using their pronoun.

3 hours ago, soloyo215 said:

In any event, it's insane, but I wish this is the first time I see people pulling that nonsense.

for a few sentences I thought the article was about two people: Victor and Cazares but I realized he was using the "they" pronoun as one more sign of rebellion against society. What a moron he is!

The whole thing looks to me like publicity stunt. The long coverage, the bragging, I mean, background stories about activism and elitism by victimhood, and the fact that not taking HIV meds is not as horrible as it was back when there was less known and less treatment for it. When I compare that action with when in the 90s people did that and actually died, or when there have been people who have set themselves on fire, or going on long hungre strikes, then you see how silly that guy looks (or should I say "those guys look"? Or maybe "guys" is not correct to use, so "those *** look"?).

4 hours ago, soloyo215 said:

1 hour ago, marylander1940 said:

for a few sentences I thought the article was about two people: Victor and Cazares but I realized he was using the "they" pronoun as one more sign of rebellion against society. What a moron he is!

They is crazy.

They is ungrateful.

They is showing they's true lack of intelligence.

Edited by Vegas_Millennial
Grammar (singular they)