Currently not hiring due to lack of interest?

16 hours ago, soloyo215 said:

I thinkl that the economy is not as great as some people want us to think. Inflation has made people rethink where they allocate their money. I agree about high-end providers, but at the same time I havew known of them promoting themselves independently, and seem successful. Also I've seen websites that feature only a few providers (at a high-end cost).

Great interesting discussion.

Well this I already know. Plus there’s things brewing in the P word that seems all people and the news talks about. 

That said, I wish things like that and inflation wouldn’t affect people’s interest as much. 

7 hours ago, la_connor said:

I would politely ask the current version of Momoa to leave. 

He’s just on his, I look like a hippie but am a millionaire look lol. I’ve seen that before.

12 hours ago, Thelatin said:

I only hire for overnights, and I’m finding that’s too much effort for not enough time.  I’m starting to plan more 4-5 day trips, or having them stay at my place if I’ve known them for a while.  I like time to just relax with wine, music, food etc.

I’d be like “OK get the f&$k out” and they’d be like “I’m in prison” lol

On 1/31/2024 at 7:47 AM, Luv2play said:

Do you go to visit him? Years ago a regular of mine was sent to jail for 6 months and I was the only one who visited him on a regular basis. I set up an account with money so he could buy sundries like cigarettes and chocolate bars. When he came out he showed his appreciation to me in non monetary ways. 

Same story here - probably 20 years ago. Cute, young guy got with the wrong crowd and did about a year in the pokey. I didn’t support with a lot of money, but enough. Got acquainted with his mother, which was strange at first - “so, how do you know my son?” I lied, of course. Anyhow, he eventually got out and moved about a hundred miles away and back in school. We hooked up for a while, (gawd, he was so gorgeous) but we wrapped it up. Never heard from him again. He told the other inmates that I was his “favorite” uncle. LOL

3 hours ago, KrisParr said:

Same story here - probably 20 years ago. Cute, young guy got with the wrong crowd and did about a year in the pokey. I didn’t support with a lot of money, but enough. Got acquainted with his mother, which was strange at first - “so, how do you know my son?” I lied, of course. Anyhow, he eventually got out and moved about a hundred miles away and back in school. We hooked up for a while, (gawd, he was so gorgeous) but we wrapped it up. Never heard from him again. He told the other inmates that I was his “favorite” uncle. LOL

Almost sounds similar to a friend I know. He spent something like almost a year in jail due to some petty family dispute that just blew up into a full fledge felony.

I had to kinda be like a counselor thru that whole time while also trying not to directly blame him for what happened. Like in the case of where someone said: “his girlfriend put him jail”….well not really. She might have been the facilitator but, ultimately it comes down to how the system works and controlling one’s own action. And the golden rule for every man: If you can avoid problems with a woman, avoid it. Doesn’t matter if it’s family or your girlfriend. I only trust women around me for select periods of time. I don’t even like to be around gay dudes who spend too much time around various women, unless it’s a real close friend who’s trustworthy (some make great wingwomen lol).

It’s sad though, like I said in another (now closed) thread: the system is real. Some people can’t stay out of it but: too often it’s a default solution. Fortunately my friend has gotten back on his feet, and I think my counseling and sending links of online resources have helped. I always try to include: I’m not perfect and dealing with hurdles of my own. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

On 1/28/2024 at 4:23 PM, acks0104 said:

Yeah, that's kind of what I've been hoping for. I'd love to just find a guy that I enjoy and be a repeat, but I haven't seen anyone in a while that I would want to see again. The one guy I hired that I'd see again in a heartbeat is located in Europe, so that's a no go.

I’m lucky. I have two guys that I love seeing on repeat. Amazing guys. Amazing times. Especially with rates where they are now, I have very little tolerance to experiment and then be disappointed. I have become more risk averse. 

11 hours ago, arnemgreeves said:

Not sure what the OP's point is. Nobody is obligated to hire at any point. 

I understood from the post that the OP is in a situation where there are many guys in his city, but that there are few who would pique his interest enough to hire.  So for him it isn't a question of financial costs, but one of choice.  I didn't get the impression he thought there was an obligation to meet with anyone.