Hotels are wearing me out…does it take the fun out of touring for you?

Go to solution Solved by blck37,

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Doesn't matter.

You're too busy being you 

You’re too busy not minding your business, and stay in mine. Go make your own thread if you want to talk about hillbilly hotels with laundry. Get outta here. Another example of you making unnecessary comments to fuel disagreements and then turn around and claim I’m doing the same. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

• Solution

IMO, price of doing business. We all some way or another experience this element in our professional life. Just have to find a way to work around it. 

Even in a 6-stars establishment, late check-out request made is not 100% guaranteed. Suck I know, just mean gotta pivot and find a way to lessen impact. Pass your accom expenses to client. Outcall service only. Granted I am not a provider so cant really say much on your business model. 

Though generally I agree that premium price = premium services. 

3 hours ago, Shawn Monroe said:

And to be fair, I don’t always 100% agree with you on, but this is a topic I agree with you on. It *does* suck to be rushed out of a room at 11am (especially on a weekend, doubly so after Covid) and the only way I’ve found to deal with it is to book an extra night, spending $x amount of dollars - essentially gambling in the hopes it works out (and sometimes it doesn’t). 

it’s different when it is your livelihood. 

That’s definitely facts, glad you understand. And I know booking the extra night OR waiting until staff does their audit: usually after 4 a.m. is the only way to “win” to ensure not having to checkout the next morning you wake up. 

I’ve been doing hotels for years. I’ve done checked in at every time of night. Sometimes I’ve gotten nothing but a few hours usage after arriving at wee hour of morning and leaving the next day. Other times I’ve gotten over 24 hours of usage by staying awake until 4 or 5 a.m. to check in. However, not every hotel acknowledges that, and I usually only do that when road trips have unexpectedly landed me into a city far too late to book a room for the night, and it’s already the next day.

As long as I got some dick or ass, I was usually satisfied if I only get the hotel a few hours lol. 

Edited by Jarrod_Uncut

On 1/4/2024 at 2:19 PM, Jarrod_Uncut said:

I also have been finding with Hilton and Marriott: they are often out of my hotel budget and always require extra deposits.

So what hotels do you book?

when I book a hotel, I agree to their rules and there is a stated check-out time, ALWAYS.  if they allow me a late check-out, that’s a courtesy on their end & it’s not something that’s expected by me. 

this argument about late check-outs is ridiculous 

in the provider context - how would a provider feel if I booked for one hour yet expected the provider to stay longer just because they don’t have another appointment booked ?

if someone doesn’t like a hotels policy or business model - then don’t stay in that specific hotel or hotels in general.  

btw - including comments about race/ethnicity where it is unnecessary is casual racism any way you cut it.  

and if you’re in a hotel with people coming & going to your room - the hotels & staff know exactly what you’re doing. they’ve seen it all many times.  they might want someone out based on that fact alone.  the hard truth of that situation is many hotels and their owners just don’t want providers operating on their premises. 

Edited by SouthOfTheBorder

• Cooper locked this topic