A Happy Thanksgiving!

ICTJOCK

We had a great day. Tried something new this year. We were a smaller crowd than usual, so I decided to do a turkey breast rather than a full turkey.  I boned the turkey breast, applied a rub of kosher salt, rosemary and sage and roasted it at 400 for a little less than an hour - it was awesome!! I was concerned whether there would be enought drippings for gravy - but there was plenty for a nice rich full-flavored gravy.

21 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

We had a great day. Tried something new this year. We were a smaller crowd than usual, so I decided to do a turkey breast rather than a full turkey.  I boned the turkey breast, applied a rub of kosher salt, rosemary and sage and roasted it at 400 for a little less than an hour - it was awesome!! I was concerned whether there would be enought drippings for gravy - but there was plenty for a nice rich full-flavored gravy.

Sounds awesome indeed!    Hope you had a great time!

20 hours ago, poolboy48220 said:

I just got back from Thanksgiving at friends. Not only did they send me home with a tons of leftovers including a full pumpkin pie, they included a full can of whipped cream. 🙂

Interesting... multi use and helpful of them!     Leftovers are such a great part of the day!

22 hours ago, WilliamM said:

I remember spending Thanksgiving in West Germany in the early 2970s

I stayed until New Year's.

I studied German history in college but Frankfort   and especial  Bonn were  not nor exactly We'd Berlin or . Munich 

Germans have a corresponding holiday - Erntedankfest - typically in late September or early October.  They don't get together and stuff themselves quite the way we do.