Goodbye pandas! No more pandapalooza / pandamonium at the zoo!

marylander1940

29 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

I remember the pandas were a gesture of good will when China opened diplomatic channels in the 70s. I assume thst good will has run out over the last few years. So the symbolism works in reverse order now.

Maybe the urban dictionary can come up with the term "panda giver", they weren't a gift but a loan. 

I had forgotten the pandas were on loan; I guess the bloom's now off that rose of friendship. I've seen them several times in DC and always found them both adorable as well as perpetually indolent, making them role models as I've grown older. If the National Zoo would upgrade the menu from bamboo to lasagna and Laphroaig, I might be willing to take their place on weekends. In a tux, of course, to maintain the color palette. 

Well at least they had a non stop flight.   Yes they took the Panda Express.  But I believe it is best that they are returned, we do not want to pander to the Chinese for a few bears.  Certainly for some who thought they were a gift, they were bamboo zled.   

Any suggestions for the in flight Movie?  

Kung Fu Panda seems too obvious.  

Peter Panda. the story of a a bear that just didn't want to grow up.  

The Un Bear able Lightness of Being The story of 1982 Czechoslovakia and of two men, two women and a Panda who survive the Czech Spring

Panda's Labyrinth.  Story of a young Panda who finds its way to a strange and magical land 

Panda or a Box.  Movie about a game show where you can either win a bear or unleash all the troubles of the world from a locked vessel

Or maybe just a concert from someone playing the Panda's Flute 

2 hours ago, purplekow said:

Well at least they had a non stop flight.   Yes they took the Panda Express.  But I believe it is best that they are returned, we do not want to pander to the Chinese for a few bears.  Certainly for some who thought they were a gift, they were bamboo zled.   

Any suggestions for the in flight Movie?  

Kung Fu Panda seems too obvious.  

Peter Panda. the story of a a bear that just didn't want to grow up.  

The Un Bear able Lightness of Being The story of 1982 Czechoslovakia and of two men, two women and a Panda who survive the Czech Spring

Panda's Labyrinth.  Story of a young Panda who finds its way to a strange and magical land 

Panda or a Box.  Movie about a game show where you can either win a bear or unleash all the troubles of the world from a locked vessel

Or maybe just a concert from someone playing the Panda's Flute 

It is an absolute and unforgivable miscarriage of justice that I am limited to awarding but one single eyeroll emoji 🙄per post. This post clearly merits multiple 'moji's on many levels! 

And yet, exceedingly well done!🤣

20 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

I remember the pandas were a gesture of good will when China opened diplomatic channels in the 70s. I assume thst good will has run out over the last few years. So the symbolism works in reverse order now.

If my economy was in as much trouble as the Chinese economy appears to be, I would be looking to gain as much good will from key trading partners as possible. 
https://www.ft.com/content/4671126e-9d0a-433b-948e-4c5631ab3b7c

(Pay wall)

• 1 month later...