Hey Guys - Hugh Jackman is 'on the market' at 55 years old !

Ali Gator

If you haven't heard the news this weekend, Hugh Jackman 55, has filed for divorce from his wife of 27 years (she's 13 years older than him). According to many 'sources' who worked for the couple over the past two decades, there wasn't much of a marriage in private - it was mostly for show. One source, who worked as his personal assistant for a few years in the 2010s, said the couple barely spoke to each other and slept in separate bedrooms. 

Now there has been speculation and rumors about Jackman (and his 'beard') for years. Maybe he will 'come out' at 55 ? Maybe he will show up on someone's Grindr ?  Just sayin'....  😀

58 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

...I don't get any gay vibes...

I didn't exactly come up with those gay rumors myself. This reference is from before the divorce:

FANDOMWIRE.COM

Hugh Jackman, after an incident back in 2003 has been called gay and his marriage with his wife Deborra-Lee Furness has been alleged as a ruse.

"...The couple Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness have been married to each other since 1996. Following years of marriage and 2 children, the couple’s love for each other has been put into question. After an incident back in 2003, fans have been pondering over the actor’s sexuality. With claims that the actor is actually gay, the people allege that the marriage to Deborra-Lee Furness is actually a cover-up for Jackman’s closeted sexuality...".

And since the divorce:

WWW.THE-EXPRESS.COM

Hugh Jackman's wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, has addressed speculation about the Wolverine star's sexuality on multiple occasions and once joked that...

""Hugh’s been gay for whatever, I mean, hello guys — if he was gay, he could be gay," she joked during an interview on the Not an Overnight Success podcast in April last year."...

Lots of rumors have been swirling around him for years. Do I know any witnesses? No. I definitely have my suspicions, though.

Edited by Unicorn

17 hours ago, Unicorn said:

I didn't exactly come up with those gay rumors myself. This reference is from before the divorce:

Yes..I've heard these before.

So I thought about this when I met him.

My gaydar just wasn't sending off any alarms that day, and I've crossed paths with him several times since.

Nothing.

Maybe I don't have the world's best gaydar but considering I am primarily attracted to men you wouldn't guess are gay...I have developed a pretty acute sense over the years.

I first noticed him in the movie Swordfish in 2001.  A short time after that, I saw him doing a song-and-dance routine on TV.  I remember my thought was "flamer."   I remember reading an interview in some publication on the internet and he was talking about suffering and hardship and how much he had learned about it when he was staying in a hotel in Toronto in the middle of the winter and the hot water ran out and he had to take a cold shower.  I thought,"Seriously!?!?! You think having to take a cold shower in a luxury hotel is suffering???"  He should have been embarrassed to have said that. 

13 minutes ago, Rudynate said:

I first noticed him in the movie Swordfish in 2001.  A short time after that, I saw him doing a song-and-dance routine on TV.  I remember my thought was "flamer."   I remember reading an interview in some publication on the internet and he was talking about suffering and hardship and how much he had learned about it when he was staying in a hotel in Toronto in the middle of the winter and the hot water ran out and he had to take a cold shower.  I thought,"Seriously!?!?! You think having to take a cold shower in a luxury hotel is suffering???"  He should have been embarrassed to have said that. 

Spending the winter in TO is hardship enough for most people.  Add in the lack of hot water and the experience becomes excruciatingly painful.  My heart goes out to him.  LOL.

10 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

Spending the winter in TO is hardship enough for most people.  Add in the lack of hot water and the experience becomes excruciatingly painful.  My heart goes out to him.  LOL.

Been there in the mid-winter at least a couple times - definitely cold but no worse then Rochester, directly across the lake, where I grew up.

• 2 weeks later...

Jackson, who turns 55 next week, is reportedly writing a memoir (according to sources close to him).

An Us Weekly insider divulged that the Wolverine star “is in the early stages of writing it,” but there is a specific reason for why Jackman thinks it is the right time to open up. “Hugh’s choosing to [write this book] now because he’s finally [being] honest with himself [and] the divorce, and this book is the first step,” they noted.

While he will likely talk more intimately about why he and Furness called it quits after almost three decades together, the source is also teasing that the memoir will include “big bombshells.” That little bit of tea alone is enough to get every tabloid speculating about the revelations in Jackman’s book. “The content will be Hugh speaking about his life,” the insider said. “He’ll be opening up about his life like never before. It’s been very healing for him.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So in spite of my personal impressions of the man...this $100M  keep-your-mouth-shut deal DOES feel suspicious. What about their relationship requires an "IRON-CLAD NDA" ? 🤔

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Sources say the couple did not sign a prenuptial agreement before walking down the aisle.