On Masseurfinder, what does "intuitive" mean?

Massageluva80

Hello,

I see a lot of masseurs on masseurfinder state that they are "intuitive."  I am always confused by what that means in a massage context.  Could it possibly (hopefully) mean that they are open to extras or a more sensual massage.  I recognize that I can ask, but would like to have some idea if this is code before I waste anyone's time.

Edited by Massageluva80

I've never given it that much thought, but I'd guess that they mean to say they can sense when you're enjoying something, or not enjoying it (pressure, etc), and can adjust what they're doing without you having to tell them explicity.  I wouldn't think it has any relation to whether they'd go further than therapeutic norms in a massage. 

Edited by poolboy48220

I believe it’s referring to using their training and skills to locate knots and ateas of stress etc etc simply by applying their hands to your body and “knowingly sensing” where they need to fix things. I think masseurs throw that word around a lot to convey their expertise. 

Edited by Cliff

• Massageluva80 changed the title to On Masseurfinder, what does "intuitive" mean?
39 minutes ago, Massageluva80 said:

Could it possibly (hopefully) mean that they are open to extras or a more sensual massage. 

Sorry to dash your hopes but that's not what it means.

An "intuitive" masseur simply means they are good at reading the needs of your body in terms of tensions /pain etc.and how to heal you. 

Nobody needs intuition to understand what a boner means. 🍆

Edited by pubic_assistance

35 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Sorry to dash your hopes but that's not what it means.

An "intuitive" masseur simply means they are good at reading the needs of your body in terms of tensions /pain etc.and how to heal you. 

Nobody needs intuition to understand what a boner means. 🍆

and you can bet if Masseurfinder thought that "intuitive" meant anything sexual they'd ban the word from ads. They are US-based and are (justifiably) paranoid of being Rentboy/Backpaged by the state or feds. (RentMasseur is not US-based). 

3 hours ago, tassojunior said:

and you can bet if Masseurfinder thought that "intuitive" meant anything sexual they'd ban the word from ads. They are US-based and are (justifiably) paranoid of being Rentboy/Backpaged by the state or feds. (RentMasseur is not US-based). 

Very interesting. I didn’t know this. 

1 hour ago, Jamie21 said:

Definitely. They’re very strict about anything sexual. My ad got refused. I’m thinking in this context ‘intuitive’ means ‘I’ll intuitively get you hard and I’ll intuitively deal with it’…

What's sad is that I think "intuitive" is a good trait to have. Massage is technical, but it's also an art. I don't want a robotic, mechanical, connect-the-dots massage. Obviously, "intuitive" is not measurable and many masseurs may misuse the term when they have no intuition. I don't react in any way to their use of the word as it can't really sway me toward or away from a person.