Update - Lucky Horseshoe Lounge in Chicago

I haven’t seen an update in a while of Lucky Horseshoe in Chicago, so I thought I would attempt one.

Since Micah took ownership of the bar, he has made quite a few improvements. There are three bars inside with two of them that have stages for dancers.  The third bar is open only on weekends.  The old bathrooms have been updated, and a third one installed in the far back bar.  They have various theme nights, and added new lighting.  Drinks are fairly priced compared to other bars in Chicago.

The dancers have improved greatly in my opinion.  They dance every night except Monday at 8:00 and start at 3:00 on Saturdays and Sundays.  On any given night there are from 12 to 20 dancers in all sizes and shapes, from twink to twunk to bodybuilder.  They are good about not huddling together, but make the rounds of the customers.  During the evening, there are 2 dancers at all times - one on the front stage and one on the back stages.  Both stages are accessible from all sides.  

Micah recently bought the bar called @mosphere up in Andersonville in Chicago.  They have dancers as well, but don’t start until the late nights.

I had a barstool there for a few years in the late 2000s to early 2010s before work creeped back up on my time.  Michael my favorite bartender has left again for Florida.  :(

I'd need to start all over.  So many good nights I can barely remember.  Melrose diner for breakfast!  I need to schedule some nights out from my suburban existence. 

12 hours ago, BeamerBikes said:

I had a barstool there for a few years in the late 2000s to early 2010s before work creeped back up on my time.  Michael my favorite bartender has left again for Florida.  :(

I'd need to start all over.  So many good nights I can barely remember.  Melrose diner for breakfast!  I need to schedule some nights out from my suburban existence. 

I’m sure The Shoe will welcome you back with open arms, but alas, the Melrose Diner is no more.  And yes, Michael moving is a big loss!

Are they back to doing good private dances again? Last time I was there (probably in 2018), they would only give "shoulder rubs" on top of client's clothes. Something about new zoning and being near a school that prevented the guys from doing any stripping.

• 2 months later...