Netflix Beef—HOLY SHIT

Did you guys watch this?  Thoughts? And if you ran things would you have made the second to last episode the final episode, or go with the finale as the finale? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/04/05/arts/television/beef-review.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare
‘Beef’ Review: Mad in America

Edited by Rod Hagen

On 4/30/2023 at 8:28 PM, azdr0710 said:

got me hooked.....damn you all!.......a bit stressful to watch........

finished it a couple nights ago......great script, acting, cinematography........it got a bit more complicated as it went on, but nothing crazy......Young Mazino as Paul was certainly in great shape.......

mention was made upthread about whether the next-to-last episode should've finished it.......good question!.......certainly not much happened in the last episode (meaning of life stuff and a final resolution), but ending it with the crash would've been a bit too easy......good points about either option.....

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Finally got around to seeing this recently. I had not heard of it until the Emmy's, where it swept many awards. I thought it was a terrific roller-coaster ride, but I also loved the movie Parasite. There are similar themes. Loved the sex scenes with Young Mazino who played Paul. OMG, what a body! I had to rewind that ass several times. I so wanted one of the characters to be gay, but the only gay reference was the homophobia that is quite prevalent in Asian culture. I thought the casting was perfect. Did not know that Ali Wong and Bill Hader are a couple. I'm looking forward to watching it again. There are quite a few details that are easy to miss, given how much is going on in the story.

• 1 month later...