Walking the dog today....

On 3/26/2023 at 12:00 AM, Unicorn said:

However, many communities outside of California also have rights to water from that river, and those communities have grown several-fold over the last 20 years (for example, Las Vegas and Phoenix).

While Las Vegas has indeed almost tripled its population over the last 20 years, it is taking less water out of the Colorado River than it did 20 years ago.  The banning of non-functional turf, combined with indoor water recycling at the community level, means Las Vegas is consuming not only less water per person than 20 years ago, but consuming less water total even with almost three times the population.

I agree with the rest of your article.  

14 hours ago, MikeBiDude said:

Unfortunately, future wildfire fuel! The SoCal yang/yang.

Every year is a bad year, according to the news. If it's dry they say "The dry winter we had will result in a lot of dry brush and tinder, presaging a bad fire season." If it's a wet year, they say "More water means more vegetation and fuel, presaging a bad fire season." Can't win. 

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

Walking one's dog in Mammoth Lakes, one could not see any houses behind the tunnel of snow...

Mammoth040423

I feel bad for the dogs, trying to find somewhere to go, because they usually work on scratch and smell. My dogs were always confused when it snowed in the city back east, and taking them out to do their business on a snowy night was always frustrating.

On 4/4/2023 at 2:46 PM, Charlie said:

I feel bad for the dogs, trying to find somewhere to go, because they usually work on scratch and smell. My dogs were always confused when it snowed in the city back east, and taking them out to do their business on a snowy night was always frustrating.

My dog loves it.

• 2 weeks later...