What American city do you think has the hottest guys?

socurious

I know this question can be subjective but in my experience is either Los Angeles or New York leaning towards the former by a considerable margin. I say leaning towards LA because that city seems to have less extremes while New York is more diverse. LA guys just have the reputation of being quite superficial.

4 hours ago, socurious said:

I know this question can be subjective but in my experience is either Los Angeles or New York leaning towards the former by a considerable margin. I say leaning towards LA because that city seems to have less extremes while New York is more diverse. LA guys just have the reputation of being quite superficial.

Beauty is in the eye of he beholder!   No way around that.

Edited by coriolis888

I agree @socurious For me, the best city for meeting hot guys is LA.

NYC is a close second as many hot guys from elsewhere travel to the city. I’ve also met a few Miami muscleboys visiting LA. 

1 hour ago, arnie said:

Looking for 10s is futile because unless you are a 12

I understand the sentiment, but I found many become amenable if you open a big, thick wallet.

1 hour ago, EZEtoGRU said:

I would say San Diego.  It seems nearly everyone is in great shape.  Another plus is all the military guys that are there.

That was certainly the case 40 years ago. That’s when I spent a lot of time there and dated various attractive men (including my first Marine).

Is it still the same @EZEtoGRU? Friends have reported to me that it’s changed considerably (fewer guys for hire, unreliable professionals, flaky amateurs etc)

13 hours ago, socurious said:

Ditto.  LA is just crawling with amazing guys. I haven’t spent much time in New York, but if the profiles on RM are any indication …

+1 Southern guys. #1 for me was always Birmingham with it's muscle boys with angel faces playing pool 24/7 at the Quest and looking for dates. I hear Al's, also famous for trade, is re-opened in southside. The Patio in Columbus Georgia is probably closed. Was full of Ft. Benning trade as is around many southern military bases.

btw- the oldest existing gay bar in the US is Lafiete in Exile in New Orleans which started serving liquor in 1933 officially. Tito's in Birmingham was also a gay speakeasy throughout prohibition when B'ham was the south's largest city with many Italian immigrants. Sadly it closed. 

Financial and business urban centers have the same guys or look-alike clones. Often because the same guys move between them. I've lived in DC most of my life and run into guys from bars here in bars in NY and LA and London. Either traveling or moved for work between offices. A few locals filter into these financial centers but mostly it's the same mobile social class. 

Edited by tassojunior

1 hour ago, tassojunior said:

...btw- the oldest existing gay bar in the US is Lafiete in Exile in New Orleans which started serving liquor in 1933 officially....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Inn_(Oakland,_California)

"The White Horse Inn is a gay bar located at 6551 Telegraph Avenue in Oakland's Bushrod Park neighborhood. It officially opened in 1933 but is rumored to have operated as a gay speakeasy since before the end of Prohibition.[1][2] It is said to be the oldest continuously operating gay bar in the United States, along with Cafe Lafitte in New Orleans, Louisiana which has also operated since 1933.[3] The White Horse is situated geographically near the Oakland-Berkeley border and in close proximity to the University of California, Berkeley campus."

Well, I'm always trolling the internet for new J/O material. The city where I see handsome men call home most often is LA, presumably because they're aspiring model/actors. Often, they're here in LA for a period of time. then end up elsewhere, when they realize it takes more than good looks to be a star, and the cost of living here catches up to them. And, boy, is this the place where a lot of men have beauty-enhancing procedures done. And there are quite a number of kept men here, as well. This is the entertainment capital for the beautiful, after all. Not the main reason, but one of the reasons I moved down here. Look at all of those photos of hunks in the gallery taken in LA, often in Runyon Canyon, where I walk my bitch every day...

Pin by Joltgroup on Guys together | Guys, Boys, Torso

And, of course, there are some real movie stars and models who live here. Northern entrance, right by my house:

Niall Horan Goes Shirtless for Hike at L.A.'s Runyon Canyon!: Photo 3940910  | Niall Horan, Shirtless Pictures | Just Jared

Orlando Bloom Takes Flynn for a Hike - E! Online

Derek Hough Shirtless Working Out Runyon Canyon Shirtless Imágenes por  Vinny31 | Imágenes españoles imágenes

14 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Horse_Inn_(Oakland,_California)

"The White Horse Inn is a gay bar located at 6551 Telegraph Avenue in Oakland's Bushrod Park neighborhood. It officially opened in 1933 but is rumored to have operated as a gay speakeasy since before the end of Prohibition.[1][2] It is said to be the oldest continuously operating gay bar in the United States, along with Cafe Lafitte in New Orleans, Louisiana which has also operated since 1933.[3] The White Horse is situated geographically near the Oakland-Berkeley border and in close proximity to the University of California, Berkeley campus."

I wish there were a history of gay speakeasys in America.  Of course there probably were gay bars before prohibition too. Nice at least a couple are still open.

I live in the south, in a major metropolitan city. I actually don’t find the southern fratty preppy guys to be all that attractive. Southern girls are very pretty and demure, but the guys, not to my taste. But then again I prefer the exotic type guys with dark features. Like the ones you’d find in northern new jersey or nyc, or miami.

4 hours ago, tassojunior said:

+1 Southern guys. #1 for me was always Birmingham with it's muscle boys with angel faces playing pool 24/7 at the Quest and looking for dates. I hear Al's, also famous for trade, is re-opened in southside. The Patio in Columbus Georgia is probably closed. Was full of Ft. Benning trade as is around many southern military bases.

btw- the oldest existing gay bar in the US is Lafiete in Exile in New Orleans which started serving liquor in 1933 officially. Tito's in Birmingham was also a gay speakeasy throughout prohibition when B'ham was the south's largest city with many Italian immigrants. Sadly it closed. 

Financial and business urban centers have the same guys or look-alike clones. Often because the same guys move between them. I've lived in DC most of my life and run into guys from bars here in bars in NY and LA and London. Either traveling or moved for work between offices. A few locals filter into these financial centers but mostly it's the same mobile social class.