Prices and tipping in 2022-2023

On 11/19/2022 at 1:14 AM, Jamie21 said:

I’m amazed at how long some clients take to shower. If a client books an hour with me then they get the full hour on the table but I kind of expect they won’t spend half hour in the shower…

I prefer them to shower before we start (it means I’ll be more inclined to go places that are interesting if it’s all nice and fresh 😉) and I offer a shower afterwards because they’re covered in oil and cum of course ha ha. Many are visiting during work or before a night out in the west end so I understand it’s important to look ok on leaving me. But ugh those that take ages are just irritating. It’s mainly female clients that take time. I don’t see many female clients but when they book I always add time to the session because firstly they take time to get going (if you’ve massaged females you’ll know..) and because of the shower time issue. They’re in there for ages!

On the timing being short, I think it’s always important to make the massage last the full time booked. Only if the client wants to finish early would I stop before time. I remember one guy I saw booked an hour, but once he was on the table it was clear he was too horny for a slow build up. After a few minutes he had my cock in his mouth so I just let things develop as he seemed to be keen. After half hour of hardly any massage he cums and then almost immediately he asks to get showered. I suggested we finish the massage with some head massage (always very relaxing after a climax) but he was happy and good to go. He paid full price plus a tip and was in and out of my studio in 40 minutes, and that was only because I managed to keep him on the edge for a while. I think he’d have been half hour or less otherwise. The ideal client 😂

I just assume clients that take a long time showering, are doing the incognito thing and they are really taking a dump beforehand. 

So they let the shower run, and then flush when they get out. LOL. 

It's much better than pooping but turning on the sink faucet and hoping that no one knows what you're doing, but we all know. 

I have a fancy bidet but I prefer clients to also shower if they use it, because it's just nasty and disrespectful to me. I've had clients that just have a natural smelly butt and it's so gross spending that whole time smelling it, and then their smell will remain on my skin and fingernails. It's so damn gross and rude. 

If a client has to shower then I prefer them to shower at my place because their asses can sweat on the car ride over. Thanks for listening to my TED talk.

4 hours ago, Vulgarii said:

I just assume clients that take a long time showering, are doing the incognito thing and they are really taking a dump beforehand. 

So they let the shower run, and then flush when they get out. LOL. 

Yeah that could be it. I did wonder sometimes if they’re doing a last minute douche check? Anyway, if they’re not showered immediately before their session then it’s less likely I’ll do any rimming. I know many masseurs wouldn’t include that anyway so I guess the client has low expectations of it …but I do like to include it because I love rimming. It’s their loss if they decline to shower. 

4 hours ago, Vulgarii said:

I've had clients that just have a natural smelly butt and it's so gross spending that whole time smelling it,

Yes that’s pretty bad, as Shakespeare said “an ass by any other name would smell so sweet” or did I get that wrong?  Also not good if you finger his prostate and it comes out dirty. I just clean off and carry on but won’t be rimming him. 

I guess we’ve gone off topic though here….so to bring it back I will add that I don’t charge extra for rimming or for prostate massage as part of the massage. 🙂

• 2 months later...

Has $250 become the default now? Because a year or two ago, in the Washington DC area at least, you could find an attractive, skilled masseur for 160 or 180 or 200, and lately I've seen several ads for 250 or more. I know inflation went up for all of us, but not 38% or 56%. If they were already charging 200 (and worth it), it's not as much of a stretch, but... Plus, I usually try to tip if the service is at least decent. With 250 as the main cost, that's 280 or 300. 

4 hours ago, Penn7 said:

Has $250 become the default now? Because a year or two ago, in the Washington DC area at least, you could find an attractive, skilled masseur for 160 or 180 or 200, and lately I've seen several ads for 250 or more. I know inflation went up for all of us, but not 38% or 56%. If they were already charging 200 (and worth it), it's not as much of a stretch, but... Plus, I usually try to tip if the service is at least decent. With 250 as the main cost, that's 280 or 300. 

Some are clearly eager to push the limits. I usually go for 90 minutes and my maximum rate has traditionally been $240 for that, even though $200-$220 is still more frequent. I just did a quick sampling of the listings for DC on rentmasseur, and I'd simply boycott anyone trying to charge $300, there are still much more reasonable alternatives. It is their right to try to extract more, but it's also the client's right to look elsewhere. I get a sense that many of the guys pushing aggressive pricing think of themselves as models, which is a turnoff for me anyway, so I am sticking with my limit 🙂

Agree with @questbear and I will say that I’ve had exceptional massage service at one or two local spas that were well deserving of tips especially because the provider only gets a fraction of what’s one pays.  What’s wild is that a superior massage and excellent treatment including a generous tip from some spa providers is less than half the cost of what some expensive individual masseurs who provide less than half the skill and half the treatment.  On the other hand I have two individual “go to” private masseurs who are exceptional and deserving of their fee plus tip. All this to say, it takes time and some experience to figure out what works for you and where you can find the value and price point you are looking for. Hence the value of this forum to help figure that out. 

Edited by Kody S