NYC gay bar hangout(s) for seniors?

sync

• + sync changed the title to NYC gay bar hangout(s) for seniors?
1 hour ago, 30somethingsexybear said:

The west villlage has more of a welcoming vibe for older gentleman

All the young hotties moved uptown years ago.

First Chelsea ...then Hells Kitchen...now half crossed the river into Williamsburg .

The few gay bars left in the Village all seem to cater to the B list gays . ( And D list ).

I haven't seen a young cutie stepping in or out of a gay bar in Village since the 90s.

I guess thats a good thing since I have no temptation to enter these places.

21 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

All the young hotties moved uptown years ago.

First Chelsea ...then Hells Kitchen...now half crossed the river into Williamsburg .

The few gay bars left in the Village all seem to cater to the B list gays . ( And D list ).

I haven't seen a young cutie stepping in or out of a gay bar in Village since the 90s.

I guess thats a good thing since I have no temptation to enter these places.

yeah, I used to be very concerned with B list and D list gays etc... then I turned 15 and outgrew my childhood and realized there's not such thing as lists and the gatekeepers of those fictional lists aren't usually on the top of them anyway, I was lucky that way I suppose.

25 minutes ago, 30somethingsexybear said:

yeah, I used to be very concerned with B list and D list gays etc... then I turned 15 and outgrew my childhood and realized there's not such thing as lists and the gatekeepers of those fictional lists aren't usually on the top of them anyway, I was lucky that way I suppose.

Ridiculous.

Of course these things exist !

But I agree: "not caring" makes them vanish.

I’m not a moderator, but I’m still going to suggest that we get back to the OP’s question. 

I suspect some of the gay seniors in places like The Monster’s upstairs space were among those who fought, organized, and sacrificed for our community. They deserve social spaces that are gay-senior-friendly, and I’m eager to know where those spaces are.

3 hours ago, CheckCar said:

I’m not a moderator, but I’m still going to suggest that we get back to the OP’s question. 

I suspect some of the gay seniors in places like The Monster’s upstairs space were among those who fought, organized, and sacrificed for our community. They deserve social spaces that are gay-senior-friendly, and I’m eager to know where those spaces are.

Couldn't agree more!

During a recent visit to NYC, I dropped into the 9th Ave Saloon mostly because I'd read Matt and Tim of Adonis had recently bought it, fixed it up, and reopened it.....admittedly, it was about 3:30pm on a Monday and there were only three solo patrons (including me), so there's no way I can judge what it's like on a Friday at, say, 6pm or 10pm.....friendly bartender from New Zealand......very narrow and deep space.....I imagine when it's busy that it'd still be an easy, friendly, unpretentious place.......

19 hours ago, 30somethingsexybear said:

I second 9th ave Saloon. Very gay and the kind of "Cheers" where everyone is welcome and feels welcome so it's a HUGE range of people, a lot of broadway queens, Older guys, 9 to 5 types, Larger body types, older clientele as well.

+3 on 9th Ave. That's usually my go to when I am in NYC -- also because I stay in HK anyway, so. But definitely a very diverse crowd and something in there for everyone.... and that Kiwi bartender someone else mentioned above is definitely very friendly. :)