NYC gay bar hangout(s) for seniors?

sync

This is only my opinion... The days of going out after work for happy hour is decreased significantly over the years. The days of Uncle Charlie's (downtown) where the stand and model crowd hung out, Splash days, etc is over. The gym is the new  "happy hour" crowd. Guys are working out vs the drinking. This was happening way before the pandemic which made this even worse. Many years back even the Townhouse was a big after work crowd where all ages met. That too has diminished. Sad. I liked going out after work either meeting up with friends to end the stress of the day or meeting new business minded professionals. Remember when everyone wore a suit?

4 hours ago, kyleham said:

This is only my opinion... The days of going out after work for happy hour is decreased significantly over the years. The days of Uncle Charlie's (downtown) where the stand and model crowd hung out, Splash days, etc is over. The gym is the new  "happy hour" crowd. Guys are working out vs the drinking. This was happening way before the pandemic which made this even worse. Many years back even the Townhouse was a big after work crowd where all ages met. That too has diminished. Sad. I liked going out after work either meeting up with friends to end the stress of the day or meeting new business minded professionals. Remember when everyone wore a suit?

I also enjoyed the happy hour meets.

The relaxing music that didn't overpower conversations gave way to the thunderous rock dance music that had previously been held for the later dance crowds.  I noticed it more as the bartenders became younger.  They had little or no appreciation of ambient music.

Very soon the having to shout over the din of the rock music took the joy out of trying to have conversations, and the happy hour venues dwindled until they were very hard or impossible to find.