Football team fund raising

purplekow

I was driving to work over the weekend and I came to a red light.  While I was waiting, about 8 teenage boys in bathing suits started dancing rather suggestively and holding up signs for donations for their high school football team.   They asked that you Venmo the money to the account on the sign.   

I have seen car washes to raise money with footballers and cheer leaders in bathing suits but this was the first time I had ever seen just dancing.  By the way, some of them had very high lap dance potential and surprisingly no board shorts, only rather snug bathing suits.  

While I believe I know which way this is going to go, do you think this is an appropriate way to raise money for the team?  Probably should mention that this corner was along a very popular road to the beach which was about 4 blocks down.  

Edited by purplekow

My fraternity sponsored a car wash a couple of years after I graduated. It was a 90 degree day and although the brothers all started by wearing t-shirts and cut-offs, the shirts came off quickly and the shorts were replaced with speedos. Oh, my. Such memories. And you’ll find lots of videos online of similar settings. But what you describe sounds just as titillating. 

On 8/24/2022 at 8:40 PM, purplekow said:

While I believe I know which way this is going to go, do you think this is an appropriate way to raise money for the team?   

I'd be surprised if the high school approved them doing it, no matter where it was located.

Edited by friendofsheila

Is this an appropriate way to raise money?  No, because most high school boys are underage.  If they were college kids doing this, then heck yeah!  The only problem would be all the pissed-off drivers behind me because I stayed put long after the light turned green.  Appropriate or not, I do wonder how much those high school boys raised.