Recent report from Montreal

Despardo

44 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

For those who disagree, might I suggest Johnson's in Wilton Manors.  They actively promote a gay men's club for gay men only.  They check government identification for gender.  Any non-males must be accompanied by a male.  The DJ reminds them not to screech or "woo-hoo" at the dancers.

I won't take up any more time discussing what Montreal clubs should do.  I plan to visit Montreal next summer and hopefully enjoy these male strip clubs.  For those looking for "men only" nights, it might be time to take a trip down south to see how it's done. 😊

52 minutes ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

For those who disagree, might I suggest Johnson's in Wilton Manors.  They actively promote a gay men's club for gay men only.  They check government identification for gender.  Any non-males must be accompanied by a male.  The DJ reminds them not to screech or "woo-hoo" at the dancers.

I won't take up any more time discussing what Montreal clubs should do.  I plan to visit Montreal next summer and hopefully enjoy these male strip clubs.  For those looking for "men only" nights, it might be time to take a trip down south to see how it's done. 😊

I can only visualize a room without females. It has thus far not occurred over my 71 years. Gonna save my pennies for that YUL-FLL flight.

Edited by SirBillybob

1 hour ago, SirBillybob said:

I can only visualize a room without females. It has thus far not occurred over my 71 years. Gonna save my pennies for that YUL-FLL flight.

I remember many nights at Campus in the early aughts when there were no women present in the audience. If there were they were very butch dykes.

2 hours ago, SirBillybob said:

Maybe the answer is somewhere in the above posts of other threads. 

However, I am puzzled why females (Ladies nights) would want to go to male gay facilities that make the bulk of its revenue from gay male customers.

The size of the city of Montreal must have many "straight" bars and night clubs where women could find enjoyment.  Why would a straight woman habitually go to a club that was established for the use of gay men?

What am I missing, just curious?

Edited by coriolis888
spelling

8 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

Maybe the answer is somewhere in the above posts. 

However, I am puzzled why females (Ladies nights) would want to go to male gay facilities that make the bulk of its revenue from gay male customers.

The size of the city of Montreal must have many "straight" bars and night clubs where women could find enjoyment.  Why would a straight woman habitually go to a club that was established for the use of gay men?

What am I missing, just curious?

I was being facetious. Like I said, the scene has evolved and the venues have shape-shifted. Why is this so puzzling? No sub-constituency has first dibs. The nearby LCBO, Tim Horton’s, A&W are not orientation specific just because they are in a district with gay density. Whoever wants to boycott go ahead. Not my clubs; not my rules. The two club names had fluidity for playbook alteration. 

Edited by SirBillybob

27 minutes ago, SirBillybob said:

I was being facetious. Like I said, the scene has evolved and the venues have shape-shifted. Why is this so puzzling? No sub-constituency has first dibs. The nearby LCBO, Tim Horton’s, A&W are not orientation specific just because they are in a district with gay density. Whoever wants to boycott go ahead. Not my clubs; not my rules. The two club names had fluidity for playbook alteration. 

"the scene has evolved and the venues have shape-shifted. Why is this so puzzling?"

I often travel to many different countries throughout the world. 

In Brazil, women do not go to gay men saunas.  Once in a rare instance a female will enter a male sauna but they are quickly encouraged to leave.  

In Barcelona, Sauna Thermas has never had a female customer that I have seen or heard of visiting the sauna. 

In Zurich, Paragonya has never had a female customer that I have seen or hear of visiting the sauna.

Yet, in Montreal, two formerly all gay night clubs (where one could choose between a "lap dance" or offer the provider to come to the clients' hotel or abode as a hustler) straight females have two and three days each week where they outnumber the gay male customers.    

Montreal has changed, without doubt.  

The part that is puzzling is HOW could straight women influence two major male gay clubs to have a "ladies night" and why would a "lady" be happy at a male gay facility?

45 minutes ago, coriolis888 said:

"the scene has evolved and the venues have shape-shifted. Why is this so puzzling?"

I often travel to many different countries throughout the world. 

In Brazil, women do not go to gay men saunas.  Once in a rare instance a female will enter a male sauna but they are quickly encouraged to leave.  

In Barcelona, Sauna Thermas has never had a female customer that I have seen or heard of visiting the sauna. 

In Zurich, Paragonya has never had a female customer that I have seen or hear of visiting the sauna.

Yet, in Montreal, two formerly all gay night clubs (where one could choose between a "lap dance" or offer the provider to come to the clients' hotel or abode as a hustler) straight females have two and three days each week where they outnumber the gay male customers.    

Montreal has changed, without doubt.  

The part that is puzzling is HOW could straight women influence two major male gay clubs to have a "ladies night" and why would a "lady" be happy at a male gay facility?

A) Your longest paragraph does not track. 

B) Montreal’s city character does not rest on 2 venues.

My take:

1) Both always had a night where women could enter; expanding the prerogative allowed survival when businesses were dropping like flies. But what do I know? I only popped by weekly or so for 2 decades to date. 20 paying bar guests was going to be better than 10. Now 100 better than 50. Oversaturation will not reverse the reboot. Gender sorting had been predicated on categorical admission and was informally legit with no legal challenge mounted; a reversal would prompt an overt exclusion with more complex rights implications. 

2) Contrary to public opinion, women like to go out and party of a Fri or Sat. They would be wont to gravitate on weekends because they were wont to attend on Wed or Sun respectively. Why they would want? The interest was indelibly pre-established.

3) Cater to men; women welcome. They exercise autonomy and know the deal.

4) A current dearth of home-based banana & whipped cream stripper pop-ups and the ease of taking a bachelorette party on the road where spillage and neighbour complaints absent the next hungover morning

5) The broader the clientele the greater the potential for normalization, as the agenda is multifactorial with signature illegal components potentially whitewashed by virtue of a cabaret ambience. There is some degree of self-consciousness for gay men known in the community, a hurdle of discomfort and image to clear, to present in a strip club, in contrast to visitors with greater anonymity conferred. Expanding the agenda and the range of utility makes it more festival less cottaging. 

Edited by SirBillybob

5 hours ago, Vegas_Millennial said:

But there are legal reasons why it is different in Canada too. This made the bars act very differently after.

The only way around I think, is what Cock bar in Toronto does. It is a private mens only club that you have to buy a membership to. Somehow calling it a membership club allows them to say men only.

default-headline-image-news.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

A Montreal gay bar that caters to male clients has settled a discrimination complaint from a woman who was thrown out of the premises.

I’ve said this before, but I love women’s night at these clubs.  This was before Covid and I haven’t been there since.  But these nights bring out dancers that are working that night because they know women are there.  Sure the gravitate toward them, but they have to break away at some point and that’s when I approach them for a dance.  A couple of dancers were obviously not excited about it, but they still said yes. Had a super hot time in the back and then released them back to the ladies.

I also enjoy not having EVERY dancer ask me for a dance.  I truly can sit back and watch the show and choose the dancer I’m interested in the most.  Usually the hot straight guy dancing for the ladies hoping to get laid that night.  It’s like being in a regular bar and a hot guy is about to take a hot girl home.  You go up to him and say”I know you are going home with that girl, but before you go, could you and I go into the back for $40 and a couple of songs while you get naked and give me a lap dance?

32 minutes ago, Minneapolis said:

I’ve said this before, but I love women’s night at these clubs.  This was before Covid and I haven’t been there since.  But these nights bring out dancers that are working that night because they know women are there.  Sure the gravitate toward them, but they have to break away at some point and that’s when I approach them for a dance.  A couple of dancers were obviously not excited about it, but they still said yes. Had a super hot time in the back and then released them back to the ladies.

I also enjoy not having EVERY dancer ask me for a dance.  I truly can sit back and watch the show and choose the dancer I’m interested in the most.  Usually the hot straight guy dancing for the ladies hoping to get laid that night.  It’s like being in a regular bar and a hot guy is about to take a hot girl home.  You go up to him and say”I know you are going home with that girl, but before you go, could you and I go into the back for $40 and a couple of songs while you get naked and give me a lap dance?

Respect. Lucky for you that you are intelligent and capable of perspective. I don’t see an emoji that covers off all of the nuances but I am serving positive regard. 

Just get a waiter to tell the ‘occupied’ dancer you would like to say hello. Count to 10 slowly and presto. If he wasn’t already closing a deal. It’s a bro-thel. He’s not on break with the STI doctor. It’s not as if you’re shitting in the wash up bowl at Deadwood’s premier cathouse.

Edited by SirBillybob

12 minutes ago, Leo Hammond said:

Off topic, sorry but are there any strip clubs in Quebec City?

You can search the monthly online digital version of the province gay ‘zine called Fugues. I’m looking at June …. 2 bars, no mention of dancers. The ‘zine is explicit about Montreal strip clubs.
Decades ago when I was alpine skiing in the capital district, yes, when clubbing after slopes and naps.

Edited by SirBillybob

• 4 weeks later...

I agree twenty five years ago there were almost endless possibilities to having fun with the dancers at Campus and Stock too. 

Haven't been around the scene since the pandemic but I am not sure that scene exists any more, for a number of reasons.

Edited by Luv2play

18 hours ago, Bryan Dube said:

is there an option to go beyond the pvt dances behind the curtain at stock and campus? just curious if anyone has tried to/propositioned any of the dancers haha. (making a trip to Montreal in august and wanted to know what my options were). 

Yes!  The ease of doing it has varied over the years, but in the past 5 years or so,  a large proportion of the guys I met at Campus were available...and quite a few were advertising openly on rentmen.  Same was true of Stock, though my knowledge there is second-hand.  On my most recent visit, my first since those clubs changed ownership, I arranged my private entertainment outside of the clubs, so can't speak about the newest cohort of dancers.  I did have a conversation with one dancer at Campus who -- when I told him that I once heard the DJ announce that dancers were available to take home -- responded "I could do that".

If you search the forums, you will find many threads over the years dealing with this topic and the best way to make the approach.

5 hours ago, newatthis said:

Yes!  The ease of doing it has varied over the years, but in the past 5 years or so,  a large proportion of the guys I met at Campus were available...and quite a few were advertising openly on rentmen.  Same was true of Stock, though my knowledge there is second-hand.  On my most recent visit, my first since those clubs changed ownership, I arranged my private entertainment outside of the clubs, so can't speak about the newest cohort of dancers.  I did have a conversation with one dancer at Campus who -- when I told him that I once heard the DJ announce that dancers were available to take home -- responded "I could do that".

If you search the forums, you will find many threads over the years dealing with this topic and the best way to make the approach.

thanks for sharing!

Best thing to do is ask the dancer directly in the privacy of the booth about  off site private dance shows. In the many years that I have been going to Campus and Stockbar, I have only had 2 dancers declined my offer of  doing  muscle worship show off site in my hotel room. Lets just say my  rate is 100% at Campus of guys  been open to do private show off site, and at Stockbar I would say 85%.

My all time favorite dancer at Campus is Sam (sexyfrenchcanandian). He's a very sexy hairy muscle stud.Although, now he has serious competition with my new baby at stockbar (Gatuso). In my opinion, he''s one of the top 3 hottest dancers in 2023 at Stockbar.

Go have some fun at Campus and Stocbar, and don't be shine about asking the guy you like in the privacy of the booth about his willingness to do private shows off site. I also want to give big props to the stockbar management team for  new VIP room and  Stock N bar.  The VIP room looks really  nice. I can see my myself chilling in there for hours with Gatuso.  Now, they just need to start tighten up their new recruitment dancer process. I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously Stockbar, a few of the new hires should not be on the stage. I'm assuming that they are pity hires, because they would not have made it to the stage back in Stockbar glory days. I'm sure they guys are nice and friendly, but this is a cut throat business, that's all about youth, muscles, and beauty. The only men that should be on that stage are  stunning, young, muscle studs that are in excellent SHAPE, Please ease up on what I'm assuming is the pity hires.

9 hours ago, PSMuscleLover said:

Best thing to do is ask the dancer directly in the privacy of the booth about  off site private dance shows. In the many years that I have been going to Campus and Stockbar, I have only had 2 dancers declined my offer of  doing  muscle worship show off site in my hotel room. Lets just say my  rate is 100% at Campus of guys  been open to do private show off site, and at Stockbar I would say 85%.

My all time favorite dancer at Campus is Sam (sexyfrenchcanandian). He's a very sexy hairy muscle stud.Although, now he has serious competition with my new baby at stockbar (Gatuso). In my opinion, he''s one of the top 3 hottest dancers in 2023 at Stockbar.

Go have some fun at Campus and Stocbar, and don't be shine about asking the guy you like in the privacy of the booth about his willingness to do private shows off site. I also want to give big props to the stockbar management team for  new VIP room and  Stock N bar.  The VIP room looks really  nice. I can see my myself chilling in there for hours with Gatuso.  Now, they just need to start tighten up their new recruitment dancer process. I'm not trying to be mean, but seriously Stockbar, a few of the new hires should not be on the stage. I'm assuming that they are pity hires, because they would not have made it to the stage back in Stockbar glory days. I'm sure they guys are nice and friendly, but this is a cut throat business, that's all about youth, muscles, and beauty. The only men that should be on that stage are  stunning, young, muscle studs that are in excellent SHAPE, Please ease up on what I'm assuming is the pity hires.

Do the “pity hires” at least have big dicks?

Oh my goodness, Stockbar is back again! The dancers lineup is getting stronger by the week. New management is pulling out all stops, no expense spare, to finally get things back on track. All my favorite dancers at Stockbar  were on stage last night (My baby-Gatuso, Bran, Adrian, Eric, Felipe). It was an absolutely bootylicious night at Stockbar. The place was packed, dancers were on the floor chatting it up with customers. There were at least over 20 dancers on the floor. It was a wild night at Stockbar.

It's absolutely on again at Stockbar. I can't wait to return to Montreal post-pandemic. I see mega opportunities for lots of muscle worship requests. I'm starting to get Stockbar glory days vibes. I have no doubt that the new management team will start tighten up its dancer recruiting process. There are a few new unqualified dancers that managed to bypass the strong hiring barriers and slipped in through the crack back doors, but I expect new management team to quickly sealed the backdoor cracks. I expect Stockbar to quickly regain its title of the 'Best Male Strip Club in North America' within a few weeks.

Luv2play Do the “pity hires” at least have big dicks? No, average seize.

1 hour ago, PSMuscleLover said:

Oh my goodness, Stockbar is back again! The dancers lineup is getting stronger by the week. New management is pulling out all stops, no expense spare, to finally get things back on track. All my favorite dancers at Stockbar  were on stage last night (My baby-Gatuso, Bran, Adrian, Eric, Felipe). It was an absolutely bootylicious night at Stockbar. The place was packed, dancers were on the floor chatting it up with customers. There were at least over 20 dancers on the floor. It was a wild night at Stockbar.

It's absolutely on again at Stockbar. I can't wait to return to Montreal post-pandemic. I see mega opportunities for lots of muscle worship requests. I'm starting to get Stockbar glory days vibes. I have no doubt that the new management team will start tighten up its dancer recruiting process. There are a few new unqualified dancers that managed to bypass the strong hiring barriers and slipped in through the crack back doors, but I expect new management team to quickly sealed the backdoor cracks. I expect Stockbar to quickly regain its title of the 'Best Male Strip Club in North America' within a few weeks.

Luv2play Do the “pity hires” at least have big dicks? No, average seize.

How does Eric’s current physique look?

4 hours ago, Hhuu said:

How does Eric’s current physique look?

He looked wonderful. He's much bulkier now. It looked like he put a lot of work into building his muscles. His booty looked incredible. He must be doing a lot of squatting work at the gym. I just love his current physique. Big muscles that looked natural and not artificially enhanced (get my drift...). He  looked really good. My favorite part of his body now is  his firmed muscular big booty. When he was on stage, I couldn't help myself in trying to get a glimpse of his  booty in various angles.

In fact, all the guys looked really good on stage with a couple of exceptions. The guys that I listed above are just my favorite dancers. But all the dancers are looking fine. There were lots of hot booties on that stage on Saturday night. It was a bootylicious night. Well done Stockbar management team!  Keep up the good work, recapturing Stockbar glory days. Things are definitely heading in the right direction now.