Fire Island Pines

foxy

• 2 weeks later...

I remember Fire Island Pines in the 90s. HIV had finally been deemed manageable with drug therapy and the sex scene had re-emerged. I was working for the Fashion Industry at the time and would get invited by some older industry men who would fill the house with handsome models.

My impression was that you were either very attractive or very rich or you went to the Grove.

The "meat rack" was memorable. Dozens of muscular men browsing by moonlight as they wandered through the shrubbery. I recall late nights having sex for hours until the sun came up. Not sure how some of them fucked as there was sand everywhere.

1 minute ago, Charlie said:

One fucked standing up, of course--that's what trees are for!

Yes ! That was the rule of the day ( or evening ). But I remember trying once to fuck this guy who had the most perfect 🍑ass and I had to give up thinking the sandy environment was going to rip his interior to shreds and do a number on my dick as well.

46 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

My impression was that you were either very attractive or very rich or you went to the Grove.

You are correct……and shady.

Promise you’ll sit next to me at next year’s Palm Springs event. 

46 minutes ago, pubic_assistance said:

Not sure how some of them fucked as there was sand everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Charlie said:

One fucked standing up, of course--that's what trees are for!

And you Philly boy (with stories to tell) are sitting on the other side!

Fire Island is an interesting little bubble.

While I enjoy the quiet solace that can be had there, I don't much do the circuit weekends or want to be around the constant one-upmanship that a lot of the folks bring into the mix.  It's exhausting.

Would agree that Cherry Grove is a ton friendlier.

• 3 weeks later...

Just went to Fire Island Pines recently and had a great time! 

My friends and I opted not to do the underwear party this year due to monkeypox and instead just went to the piano bar. Lots of space. Great times singing showtunes and pop music. Loved it! To no surprise, drinks were pricey at $13 per single drink and $26 for a double. 

I went for a jog each morning and every single guy I said "hi" to at least acknowledged me and said "hi" back or waved.  Overall I think people at FIP are friendly but yes there will always be mean gurl type guys there too.

If it's your first time going, I suggest going with a friend who knows FIP or attend one of those fundraisers at one of the FIP mansions. 

4 hours ago, Unicorn said:

Never been there. How long does it take to walk from Cherry Grove to FIP?

Not long at all - maybe 10-20 minutes, depending on your departure point, (towards the Water Island end, longer; closer to the harbor, shorter).  

You can either walk along the shoreline from the Pines, or cut thru the “Judy Garland Memorial Forest” aka “The Meatrack”. There’s also water taxis available if you’re too tired. 

BBD

8 minutes ago, kingsley88 said:

My friends and I would walk to Cherry Grove, and then take the water taxi or water limo back to FIP in the evening.

We used to do that as well - usually on an iffy beach day, we’d walk over to the Grove for lunch which was usually heavy on the drink, and get the water taxi back to the Pines, a bit worse for the wear but merry nonetheless 🍹 

4 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

10 minutes ..but THAT depends on whether you've met a playmate on the way through the meat-rack. 😉 and stopped for some quick sandy sex.

Which we all know you did, so stop dusting off the sand
in my house and acting all surprised about "where did
all this the sand came from???"…..whore.