Masseurs on Scruff

5280Dane

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be quite a few guys on Scruff that say they give massage but during the conversation they want you to book an appointment and pay a deposit through PayPal or similar payment apps?  When you refuse to pay a deposit they do everything they can to get you to book the appointment and say they can’t take cash if the appointment isn’t booked.  Sounds like a scam to me but wanted to hear from others.

4 minutes ago, 5280Dane said:

Has anyone noticed that there seems to be quite a few guys on Scruff that say they give massage but during the conversation they want you to book an appointment and pay a deposit through PayPal or similar payment apps?  When you refuse to pay a deposit they do everything they can to get you to book the appointment and say they can’t take cash if the appointment isn’t booked.  Sounds like a scam to me but wanted to hear from others.

It is a well known scam - previously discussed here on the forum. Avoid!

https://www.companyofmen.org/topic/130193-5-deposit/

Edited by KeepItReal
Added link

On 1/31/2022 at 8:43 PM, 5280Dane said:

If it smells like a duck……. 

• 2 months later...

Happened to me.  Sent a small amount to PayPal to “hold the reservation“. Guy said that Transaction didn’t go through, can I resend after he cancels the previous one. I asked him for a screenshot showing the cancellation and he sent it. Totally a fake screenshot. I fell for it and sent another $40 through PayPal. Once again he said it didn’t go through… crap, can I send it a different way? I did. He said you’re not gonna believe this, but it still didn’t go through, can you try doing it this way?  I said “OK hold on. I’m not sending you another dime,  I want to go ahead and just cancel. The last text I sent saying I wanted to cancel bounced back. I had already been blocked.  He also insisted I change the receiver to be “friends and family“. PayPal will not dispute charges between friends and family. So all of that was a tactic. I did have a credit card linked to PayPal which said they will dispute the charge and charge it back. Watch out. These scum suckers are out there  in droves. 

• 9 months later...