Should auld acquaintance be forgot

jjkrkwood
This topic is 878 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I watched the NYE cricket match from the Adelaide Oval (in doubt for much of the day as three players on one of the teams tested positive on Friday morning). I'm watching the NYE concert from the Opera House forecourt on the ABC rather than be my curmudgeonly self of most recent NYEs and go to bed at 11pm. (It was my new normal, I was on the dock at Garden Island Naval Base with a direct view to the Harbour Bridge to welcome in 2000.)

Now for the main attraction.

I missed the two earlier sets of fireworks, an indigenous themed bracket (oranges and ochre colours) and a blue set to honour emergency workers.

Bonne année, Happy New Year, welcome to hopefully a better 2022 than 2021 was. The Harbour fireworks are spectacular after a sombre start to 2021 and a smoke obscured opening of 2020 amidst our Black Summer.

"Ring out old shapes of foul disease;

Ring out the narrowing lust of gold;

Ring out the thousand wars of old,

Ring in the thousand years of peace."

Alfred Lord Tennyson

3 hours ago, Charlie said:

"Ring out old shapes of foul disease;

Ring out the narrowing lust of gold;

Ring out the thousand wars of old,

Ring in the thousand years of peace."

Alfred Lord Tennyson

Dang! Now I have ringing in my ears!!!!

christmas-holiday-bells-3d-model-max-obj

Normally I would exchange my New Years greetings with daddy and a few others~ 

I will post them here… This time of year is traditionally a time of self manifestation for me~ So, not the typical New Years Greeting~ 
 May you sail faster than the wind along the path of your destiny so that you can appreciate what was behind you, in front of you and the moment you are in~ 

8D96BB9C-A1CD-4FDA-A3CC-17F47F419D07.png

2DF51F52-A37A-4F03-B329-5D5D6632245F.png

Edited by Tygerscent

The Morning AFTER - Happy New Year 2022

(Hope ya'll woke up like THIS ?) - I slept alone last nite,  The only Ball dropping was on TV,  not on my face !

https://64.media.tumblr.com/771ab2171eca6e5196ac159cb3e3abd8/0004f4a92945a32c-32/s540x810/8bfe565bf1355ff325b3d5eb8e3ed046f45cd24c.gifv

Edited by jjkrkwood