One time slot…. Multiple clients

bigdipper
This topic is 875 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Whoever books first gets it. Simple.

Sometimes clients ask my availability and I let them know my days / times but if they don’t book immediately they risk someone booking and I’d no longer be available.

I’ve a few clients who regularly message asking about availability….but they never quite manage to book. Very strange. I stopped trying to understand these things ages ago. 

I’ve had numerous providers say they have other clients interested in my requested time slot so I am curious if providers prioritize longer sessions over shorter ones and such. 

I’ve had sessions cancelled on me because providers went with the client paying for the longer appointment.

4 hours ago, bigdipper said:

I’ve had sessions cancelled on me because providers went with the client paying for the longer appointment.

This may sound weird, but I tend to be nice to my regulars about this.  I've actually told them, if they have a chance for big money, like an overnight, to give it priority.

However, this is only because I insist on having a professional,  business-only relationship with providers, with the solid understanding that nothing passes between us except money and services. 

Many times, I've let a provider know that I could be available over several different hours and we book one; I usually book a couple of days in advance.  On two occassions, I have received a request to move my scheduled appointment by 30 minutes to an hour so that the provider can see another client before/after my appointment.