Bodybuilder Who Shot Parents on LI

Lazarus
This topic is 782 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just now, nycman said:

More like…."damn, that moron has shitty aim."

Rumor has it they’re paying for his defense, so I guess "moron" runs in the "family".

Not necessarily - he is their son, and while I can't imagine paying for the defence of a child who shot me, perhaps the parental protection instinct outweighs what he did, in their minds. Or maybe there is more to this story that has not been made known yet - perhaps the context is different from what has been reported.  Not that violence is an answer, but there could be mitigating issues we haven't been told.

On 12/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, samhexum said:

I guess he won't be winning any father-of-the-year awards.  Now watch the parents hire a hotshot lawyer to get him off.  Actually, I'd get him off for just a nominal fee.

34 minutes ago, nycman said:

Rumor has it they’re paying for his defense, so I guess "moron" runs in the "family".

30 minutes ago, CuriousByNature said:

Not necessarily - he is their son, and while I can't imagine paying for the defence of a child who shot me, perhaps the parental protection instinct outweighs what he did, in their minds. 

Just as I predicted... and, yes, I'd still get him off for just a nominal fee.

14 hours ago, augustus said:

You gotta be mobbed up to sell cement in NYC.  

Yep, I’m betting that’s why they’re paying for his defense. 

They don’t really need the justice system. Justice will be served, regardless. 

The kid is probably praying for jail time

I’m sure the alternative that awaits him is far worse….and he knows it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 9:10 PM, samhexum said:

Boy, you could never tell their backgrounds from their names, righ

Italian Americans nearly always name children after their elders ..so yes .the same names get recycled over and over.

My in-laws are Italian and there are multiple Anthony's because grandpa was Anthony. Somehow they all seem to know WHICH Anthony we are talking about in-spite of the fact there are six of them....Always baffles me, as the outsider.

Edited by pubic_assistance
spelling

On 2/11/2022 at 3:20 PM, nycman said:

Yep, I’m betting that’s why they’re paying for his defense. 

They don’t really need the justice system. Justice will be served, regardless. 

The kid is probably praying for jail time

I’m sure the alternative that awaits him is far worse….and he knows it. 

"Dino started out in bodybuilding but ended up getting into cement" 

9 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

Italian Americans nearly always name children after their elders ..so yes .the same names get recycled over and over.

My in-laws are Italian and there are multiple Anthony's because grandpa was Anthony. Somehow they all seem to know WHICH Anthony we are talking about inspite if the fact there are six of them....always baffles me..the outsider.

Same in my Italian family.  It was customary to name your first-born male child after his paternal grandfather.  My grandfather’s name was Giuseppe (Joseph).  He and my grandmother had eleven children, six of whom were boys.  Five of those six sons have sons.  If you called out the name “Joe” at a family event 7 men turned their heads.  My one uncle who only had one daughter named her Joie to keep the tradition.  

10 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

My in-laws are Italian and there are multiple Anthony's because grandpa was Anthony. Somehow they all seem to know WHICH Anthony we are talking about in-spite of the fact there are six of them....Always baffles me, as the outsider.

1 hour ago, RJD said:

Same in my Italian family.  It was customary to name your first-born male child after his paternal grandfather.  My grandfather’s name was Giuseppe (Joseph).  He and my grandmother had eleven children, six of whom were boys.  Five of those six sons have sons.  If you called out the name “Joe” at a family event 7 men turned their heads.  My one uncle who only had one daughter named her Joie to keep the tradition.  

I pity any family with a patriarch named Riccardo, as future generations are bound to have a bunch of males who are Dicks.

17 hours ago, pubic_assistance said:

It is definitely a tradition that was almost an unbreakable "law" in Southern Italy. Not anymore now, but of course still happening. I am glad that I was born and raised in Italy in a non-traditional family, as I would have hated to be called like my grandpa Gennaro! 

On 2/23/2022 at 7:40 AM, samhexum said:

Dino is a Junior, named after his grandfather.  He has a twin named Rocco Jr, named after their dad.  And they have a sister named Gina.  Boy, you could never tell their backgrounds from their names, right?  Here are the siblings:

Shooting suspect Dino Tomassetti (left) with his twin brother Rocco and younger sister, Gina

She looks scarier than the boys.

53 minutes ago, Italiano said:

It is definitely a tradition that was almost an unbreakable "law" in Southern Italy. Not anymore now, but of course still happening. I am glad that I was born and raised in Italy in a non-traditional family, as I would have hated to be called like my grandpa Gennaro! 

So you wouldn't have wanted to be Genny From The Block?

10 minutes ago, Walker1 said:

She looks scarier than the boys.

She's a hit-woman.  She uses the jump ropes around her neck to strangle her victims.

Edited by samhexum
just for the hell of it

• 2 weeks later...